+ Reply to Thread

Debt Management Companies

Anyone hear of American Finance Group? The website is nextsettle.com. they claim they buy your existing debt and then you make payments to them at a reduced rate. I need financial helps due to circumstances beyond my ability to control, but a bit nervous.

Re: Debt Management Companies

Sorry, I've never heard of that company. Have you checked out the Better Business Bureau's site, or Consumer Affairs? Those are usually decent places to look for complaints or reviews. Trust me, if there are complains about that company, you'll be able to find more than enough!
    In ancient Egypt, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

That site is missing some important parts such as the owner's name, contact information, terms of use and price list.

From the "privacy policy":
    If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending us e-mail at the above address.
    No address listed above, below or anywhere on that page, so they have free reign to spam you.

From time to time, we make the e-mail addresses of those who access our site available to other reputable organizations whose products or services we think you might find interesting. If you do not want us to share your e-mail address with other companies or organizations, please let us know by calling us at the number provided above.
    So, that means they sell your email address to anyone and everyone and no number listed on that page to call to stop the spamming.

From time to time, we make our customer e-mail list available to other reputable organizations whose products or services we think you might find interesting. If you do not want us to share your e-mail address with other companies or organizations, please let us know by calling us at the number provided above.
    The fact that they sell your email address is so important, they mention it again. And, again, still no phone number listed to stop the spamming. Although how calling that site is going to stop all those other companies from spamming you is unknown.

Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such telephone calls, please let us know by sending us e-mail at the above address.
    Phone call spamming, they do it.

Upon request we provide site visitors with access to transaction information (e.g., dates on which customers made purchases, amounts and types of purchases) that we maintain about them.
    So, anyone can request your purchase history and do whatever they want with your personal information.

Upon request we offer visitors no ability to have factual inaccuracies corrected in information that we maintain about them.
    Wow, just wow. So, if they have incorrect information on you, or simply made stuff up, you have absolutely no way to correct that information? And don't forget, they are selling all that information, correct and incorrect, to email and phone spammers.

From the who-is:
    Registrant:
    Mohammad Kassir
    P O Box 6099
    Irvine, California 92616
    United States
    As long as the yearly fee is paid, the post office has to collect the mail and no one ever has to pick it up.

Updated Date: 30-jul-2010
    Creation Date: 30-jul-2010
    Expiration Date: 30-jul-2011
    Been in business an entire 3 months and the owner only paid for a one year registration, guess he thinks his site won't last longer and he doesn't want to waste money on a longer registration.

The services we provide you and your customers...
    Now comes the interesting part.

"Debtor Counselor" is a web based debt software that helps debt counselors develop debt settlement plans for their clients. “Debtor Counselor” helps our affiliates and debt counselors gather the debtor’s debt and financial information, establish customer budget, analyze the debtor’s debt situation, recommend the best debt management program for the debtor’s situation, generate an electronic contract for the debtor’s debt management services, and store an authenticated electronic contract online copy for the debtor.
    And that software costs how much? One time purchase or monthly fee?

“Debtor Tracker” - Allows the customer to manage their debt settlement program anywhere and anytime. If your customer wants to know “what’s going on” with their debt settlement process they can find out instantly without talking to you. This way you can spend your time doing what you want to do...getting more customers!
    getting more customers! Now the truth comes out, you are suppose to find others to join this program. Wonder how much you pay for this privilege or how much they pay to join?

“Debtor Soft” - If you want your applications to achieve a great performance you need a great conductor. This is the technology platform that allows all our other application to work together. This application unites all the stakeholders in the debt settlement process and facilitates efficient communication between them to protect the customer and quickly settle their debt.
    Again, no mention of how much this technology platform costs.

“Debt Buyers Exchange” - Two to four years is too long to wait to be debt free..., don’t you think? We think so too. We aggressively solicit debt buyers to purchase our customer’s debt as soon as they enroll in the program. If their debt is purchased our customers can satisfy their creditors sooner, stop all collection activities on the purchased debt and begin the credit repair process much sooner than at the end of their program term.
    If their debt is purchased IF??? And if they can't find a debt buyer for you? Then what happens? You are left with the spammers emailing and calling you at all hours of the day and night?

In the end, you have a 3 month old site run by someone with a PO Box address who will spam you, doesn't actually consolidate your debt but, instead, sells your correct (or incorrect) information to spammers who may or may not be able to help you with your debts and doesn't mention how much any of this will cost.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

After reading the previous post (I admit, I didn't go to the company's website), I'd say run. They sound a lot like a company that took my money and ran and thus forced me into bankruptcy. If you can possibly avoid that, do it!

I may have mentioned this before, but it is illegal in some states for a company like this to charge for their services...do they charge for the software and all that? Because if they do, that could be against the law and thus reason to run screaming.
    Last edited by ShannonR.; 11-10-2010 at 05:34 AM.
    In ancient Egypt, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.