+ Reply to Thread

Sprint's insurance scam

How to protect yourself from Sprint's insurance scam

When you upgrade your phone with Sprint,
    do not accept $20 in exchange for your old phone*. This is a ploy so that you have to buy insurance, which actually gives you very little for your money.

Insurance is not a bad thing if it actually covers you, but with Sprint's insurance, for $7 per month, if you lose your phone or it breaks and you need a new one, you'll still have to pay a $100 deductible for a smartphone or $50 deductible for a regular phone. I paid $150 for my smartphone when i first purchased it with Sprint, but with Sprint's insurance i'd have to pay two thirds of that value for a replacement! So what's my $7 a month for then?!

To add further insult,
    the ‘new’ phone will not even be new, but a refurbished old phone, probably broken by some previous Sprint customer sucker.

However if
    you've kept your old phone, you can simply get them to reactivate that. It means you need no insurance and you need never pay for a new phone until you become eligible for your next upgrade, whereupon you will be sold a brand new phone at a substantially reduced price.

Perhaps, if, after several years, you find that you have accumulated old phones, then why not give Sprint your oldest, crappiest phone for the $20 and
    teach them a lesson about being suckered. Whatever you do though, always keep the phone from which you have just upgraded, as that old phone is now your insurance.

The tracker ball on my husband’s Blackberry stopped working, Sprint refused to fix it, made him buy a new phone and then gave him $20 in exchange for his 'unfixable' old phone. Suckered !!!

Maxine

Termites are scammers

Termites (so called insurance agents who only sell one overpriced product) are the scum of the earth and scamming the American public into something that is not there.

An insurance agent who sells life insurance sells both Term ( temporary) and Whole Life ( permanant) life insurance policies.

In most cases the commission on Whole Life is half what it is on Term Insurance.

I guess those working for Primerica are getting ripped off by their agency and only getting half of what brokers do - which is 90% to 100% for term.

This is part and parcel of how little they actually know about the industry.

To them, it is just a way to try to make money - although few do.

They are not insurance professionals and are not interested or committed to the industry.

Their mode of operation is to put down an industry that has been around for over 150 years and has been there to help families in need.

A professional Life Insurance Agent determines the need and fills the need with the appropiate product and with the best company - if he is a broker.

The part time and temporary agents working for Primerica and other MLM organizations are doing a diservice to the nation, and ought to be brought to task for this.

AMERICAN GREED at its worst.

ATLANTIC ADJUSTERS and ROBERT MEYER INSURANCE SCAM

So it all started when I couldn't get my insurance company, Patrons Oxford, to pay for the fire damage...
    I had approximately $35,000 worth of damages due to a fire that started in my kitchen and they where willing to pay only $14,700.
    I started looking for a Public Adjuster in the York, Maine area.
    I came across Atlantic Adjusters Inc. - atlanticadjusters.com

I gave them a call at (207) 351-1364 and was transfered to the Client Relations Manager - Mr. Robert Meyer.

Robert Meyer also known as Bob Meyer said with confidence that they where licensed and approved with the U.S Fire Administration and NAPIA (National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters).

Bob said they will negotiate with the insurance company on my behalf and they guarantee results, all I have to do is pay the initial processing fee, $690 and 15% commission from the additional money they retrieve to fully repair the damages.
    He also said they work quickly and my case is one of thousands that Atlantic Adjusters handle and it should take no longer then 8 weeks.

Bob emphasized that Atlantic Adjuster's Founder and CEO Mr. Michael Blaisdell, has personal ties with top executives within the insurance company Patrons Oxford, and Mike can "make things happen".

I am a widowed 71 year old diabetic grandmother, living alone and off of retirement. Bob knew exactly how to emotionally tap into my desperation and convince me that this was the right thing to do.

So I began the process and signed the contract and then the Insurance Fraud nightmare started...

Weeks passed and I did not hear a thing...no updates, nothing. I left numerous voicemails and emails and never got a response. On the 8th week, like clock work, Robert Meyer gives me a call and apologizes for the delay, explaining that they have been fighting hard on my case and that it had become complicated and they need an extra $2,100 to cover attorney fees in order to continue, while estimating that the case should be settled within 2 weeks.

Again, with not many choices, I was gullible and taken advantage of and I paid.

2 more weeks passed and again they disappeared. At that point I had understood:
    ATLANTIC ADJUSTERS AND ROBERT MEYER IS A SCAM !!!

They knew exactly how to play the Insurance Fraud game, and milked me out of my money!

Now I am stuck with the fire damage, a burnt and destroyed kitchen, -$2,790 stolen, and nothing to do.

I have filed a complaint with NAPIA.

In all of my 71 years, I never wished anything bad on anyone...I truly hope that Robert Meyer, Michael Blaisdell, and all of Atlantic Adjusters burn in hell!

BEWARE. DON’T HIRE ATLANTIC ADJUSTERS, YOU WILL BE SCAMMED!

Insphere Insurance Solutions

Hasa anybody heard anything on this insurance company?