+ Reply to Thread

NEw here! Help please?

when you first sign onto this site, the banners at the top? Are they posted there as advertisements, or to warn you that they are scams?

Cause it seems to me that a scam site would at least preview any ads for work at home biz before they allow an advertisement on the site that could ALSO be a scam?

what is the scoop on those?

Re: NEw here! Help please?

Quote Originally Posted by visions5251
    when you first sign onto this site, the banners at the top? Are they posted there as advertisements, or to warn you that they are scams?

Cause it seems to me that a scam site would at least preview any ads for work at home biz before they allow an advertisement on the site that could ALSO be a scam?

what is the scoop on those?
    They do not preview their ads. Ads, I think, are supplied by google who also do not preview anything. Do not pay attention to ads.

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96
    They do not preview their ads. Ads, I think, are supplied by google who also do not preview anything. Do not pay attention to ads.
    This is true. But if you click on the ads, it costs the scammers who purchase them $$$ each click and that in turn keeps google paying scam.com to host the darn ads which keeps this forum available for people to expose scams.

It's a crazy solution but the alternative was to charge people a fee to come to this site. And who better to pay for the hosting fees of scam.com than the scammers we work to expose? So click the ads, but don't believe the hype on their sites.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    This is true. But if you click on the ads, it costs the scammers who purchase them $$$ each click and that in turn keeps google paying scam.com to host the darn ads which keeps this forum available for people to expose scams.

It's a crazy solution but the alternative was to charge people a fee to come to this site. And who better to pay for the hosting fees of scam.com than the scammers we work to expose? So click the ads, but don't believe the hype on their sites.

Namaste'

Lady Mod
    My goodness! I must say I have seen many "Roundabouts" in my life. But I must say this one truly tickles my fancy. LOL! Yes I must agree with you young lady "who better to pay" than the villians themselves, as the old saying goes; "Hoist by one's own petard." You may rest assured that I will do my part to foil the con-artists and "Click away".

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask

Namaste'

Lady Mod
    Sojustask, You are great and I love you to death but this post in and of itself could get scam.com banned from adsense.. Careful!

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner
    Sojustask, You are great and I love you to death but this post in and of itself could get scam.com banned from adsense.. Careful!
    Why? The advertising on adsense is this:

Discover your site's full revenue potential.

Google AdSense is a fast and easy way for website publishers of all sizes to display relevant Google ads on their website's content pages and earn money. Because the ads are related to what your visitors are looking for on your site — or matched to the characteristics and interests of the visitors your content attracts — you'll finally have a way to both monetize and enhance your content pages.

It's also a way for website publishers to provide Google web and site search to their visitors, and to earn money by displaying Google ads on the search results pages.
    It's not scam.com's fault google spiders determine that the ads that are posted here are posted. And Google gets paid by the advertisers who hope that someone will click their links and join their scam or buy their product. We do google a service when people click the links. I don't think Google will ban scam.com for taking advantage of a free program.

And not all the links are linked to scam sites or programs. The discussion on the thread determines what the google links will be rotated here.

I love you to death too, lol. ;)

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by MgreetZelle
    My goodness! I must say I have seen many "Roundabouts" in my life. But I must say this one truly tickles my fancy. LOL! Yes I must agree with you young lady "who better to pay" than the villians themselves, as the old saying goes; "Hoist by one's own petard." You may rest assured that I will do my part to foil the con-artists and "Click away".
    Yes, I love the irony of it too.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

sojustask:

Why? The advertising on adsense is this
    Get too many clicks from a finite number of IP addresses (the members here), and Google'll term it "click fraud." You never, ever wanna ask people to click ads; by doing you that "favor," they're putting your AdSense account at risk. (And Google's been having a grand old time in the past couple months killing the accounts of folks' who don't even generate a dollar in clicks a month.)

It's been estimated that only 5-10% are able to get their AdSense accounts back after appealing to Google.