+ Reply to Thread

Row 44 Double Billing Scam

Row 44 -- the inflight wif-fi -- regularly double bills customers and offers no reliable contact on their home page for billing issues.

The big tip off that this is a scam is that the site offers no Terms of Use and no privacy policy for their internet service. How can any company be trusted with the personal information being transmitted over an internet connection if they won't publicly disclose what their privacy practices are?

The second tip off is that their contact information is very unreliable. For a company that operates on how many planes to have no specific customer service number -- just a general office number -- makes you wonder what they're doing.

Third is that the service itself is very unreliable. They could very well just be selling a "service" that they don't have to deliver on, coach the attendants to say some BS line about altitude and sun spots (sun spots, really???), and never actually do anything that they promise.

It's an obvious scam. If it weren't they'd have a privacy policy describing what they do with any information collected from your computer, and they'd have clear contact numbers for customer service.

Southwest and Row 44 Scam

I was on a Southwest flight this weekend and tried to use the wi-fi they provided and it didn't work! No one on board knew how to help me, and they refused to refund me as well. I'll have to check for double billings since I'm sure they'll get me there too. What a scam!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lejeune View Post
    Row 44 -- the inflight wif-fi -- regularly double bills customers and offers no reliable contact on their home page for billing issues.

The big tip off that this is a scam is that the site offers no Terms of Use and no privacy policy for their internet service. How can any company be trusted with the personal information being transmitted over an internet connection if they won't publicly disclose what their privacy practices are?

The second tip off is that their contact information is very unreliable. For a company that operates on how many planes to have no specific customer service number -- just a general office number -- makes you wonder what they're doing.

Third is that the service itself is very unreliable. They could very well just be selling a "service" that they don't have to deliver on, coach the attendants to say some BS line about altitude and sun spots (sun spots, really???), and never actually do anything that they promise.

It's an obvious scam. If it weren't they'd have a privacy policy describing what they do with any information collected from your computer, and they'd have clear contact numbers for customer service.