+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wealth Intelligence Academy

Anyone heard of them, They are tied in to Russ Whitney somehow, and come off initially as Options Success. They seem to have exceptional info of the markets, but of course you'd have to sacrifice your right arm and left leg. :D
    undefinedundefined

Re: Wealth Intelligence Academy

Quote Originally Posted by jaz21
    Anyone heard of them, They are tied in to Russ Whitney somehow, and come off initially as Options Success. They seem to have exceptional info of the markets, but of course you'd have to sacrifice your right arm and left leg. :D
    undefinedundefined
    Apparently Russ Whitney not very friendly with BBB.Better Business Bureau report

He is also not very popular with most people who bought his course Russ Whitney Reviews

About Wealth Intelligence Academy. I would never give money to people who are giving such promises and have such sleazy title.

From start to finish, the Super Conference will be wall-to-wall with proven investment strategies from virtually every area where you can generate cash quickly: real estate, stock investment, business success, asset protection and beyond.
    None of these fields are easy and none of them generate cash quickly. Also for asset protection I would not go for seminar. There are very reputable companies that will give you advise for $100 an hour from licensed and respected professionals. It may cost you much less than seminar. For stock investment you are better of taking 2-3 classes in your local state University summer program and read a few popular books on investing that do not include "get rich" or "Wealth" in the title.

Teach Me Forclosures ~ a masterfully deceptive switch & bait swindle.

My brother and I just squandered $199 to attend a three day "infomercial" called "Teach Me Forclosures," another Weapon of Monetary Depletion created by Russ Whitney's criminal conspirators at the Wealth Intelligence Academy of Florida. We were told it was a thousand dollar package, on sale that day only for $199 and both of us could attend! What a bargain.

We figure the whole ordeal cost us $871.00 in cash, market value for our time and for our out of pocket expenses. We'll be satisfied when that's repaid and Whitney and his road show thieves are encarcerated under the Deceptive Trade Practice laws to prevent them from fleecing untold numbers of future victims. (When are We, The People, going to finally get together to round up all the predators to keep them from preying on innocent people so we can have actual civilization? I guess we'll have to start on CapitAl Hill.)

A pretty lady at the free one day seminar (the lady who deceived us into wasting our money and time) told us we'd receive "interactive real estate contract software" that would enable us to "type the details of the deals right into the forms on the computer to print out professional looking contracts." And, of course, the seminar's were both named, "Teach Me Forclosures and real estate investing" indicating that we'd be taught everything we needed to know in order to buy and sell forclosures profitably.

The three day course was cleverly scheduled weeks after we paid for it, preventing us from canceling the charge on the credit card. It consisted of a little bit about forclosures and a long and relentless display of arrogance and teasers about the myriad of real estate courses they planned to sell us from $2000 to $95,000. After the first day, we decided to actually put the disc of contract software they'd provided us into our computer to check it out. It was literally embarrassing, not interactive and completely useless for our purposes. The software that the pretty lady had implied we'd bought was there for sale: but for 1999 more of our hard earned dollars.

We decided to continue to attend to garner any useful information we could to offset our losses. And, a lot of valuable information was presented. But, it just wasn't what we paid for.

At the end of the third day, June 3, 2007, we realized that we'd been had. As the speaker, Alan Swails, concluded his presentation and quickly started walking out of the room, as he passed us I loudly asked him if we could ever expect to get the services and goods that we'd paid for but had not yet received. He stopped and asked what we were missing.

I told him we wanted the "interactive real estate contract software" we were promised. He tried to side step the issue by saying that if we hadn't gotten our software because of short supplies, it would be mailed to us. I told him, "We have your disc of useless contracts. But, we want what we were promised and what we've already paid for." The crowd was shouting out their agreement with what I was saying and their discontent of being swindled. I pointed out his statement earlier that day, "If you leave here with nothing, nothing will change in your life." to prove that he'd given us almost nothing for our $200. He was at a loss for words.

One of his goons told me I was disrupting the meeting and I'd have to leave. (But the meeting was over, lol.) I asked if they intended to physically throw me out, suggesting that would be a medical mistake. They called hotel security. So, unable to advance my case there, we strolled outside to wait for the others as they left. Everyone who passed us, congratulated me for speaking up and expressed their agreement with what I'd said and exchanged contact information, so we could get together later to discuss our options.

My brother and I have already filed our complaint against Russ Whitney Swindlers, Inc. with the Florida BBB from the link above. And, we're seeking a legal remedy from the Texas Attorney General's office. I suggest all Whitney's victims do likewise. And, if you'd like to contact me for a potential class action suit or, at the very least, to form a substantial group to pressure law enforcement to stop these thieves from swindling future victims, please do so.

Warning!!!!!!!!
    These are my actual experiences dealing with TMTT.

First the initial two seminars are thinly veiled sales programs but totally above board if you pay attention.

Next the basic programs are expensive but as advertised.

However the software that they sale is very buggy and their tech help has only one answer. Delete and reinstall. It is pretty cool when it is working so if you don't mind it going down while you are using it to make trades, having to delete the entire program and reinstall it and then do a total set up to get it back to how you had it then go for it. There is of course a monthly fee after your first six months and while I was told there would be some updates, additions and improvements to my program I saw none of those. I personally found sites on the net that provide the same information and services for FREE.

Now the mentor is the first place that you should really start watching. This is where they really put the hard sale on me and I went for it. It was the single biggest waste of $10,000 I have ever spent. They sold me a four day program but when I called they told me it was now only two days. After faxing my brochures and proving my case they did give me the four days but it was no better than a basic class. The mentors are private contractors with a very rigid set of rules. It is a very strained situation where they are not allowed the freedom to say everything they think. I cannot of course say this is true for every mentor and every case but it was how both me and my wife felt and I have talked with a number of other students in my TMTT classes and I have not found one student that felt this was money well spent.

Warning

You must pay attention here. The Advanced Pit and HIT's class sound really cool. However they did not tell us that no set dates for the class are published ahead of time. They simply put you on a list. They don't list you in a class they expect YOU to call them weekly to ask about classes. I tried to get in a class for over seven months. I finally gave up and asked for a refund at which time they got very sharp with me, stopped responding to my emails and sent me a form letter refusing my refund because it had been over THREE DAYS. So if you don't mind giving them $3000 for an indefinite amount of time and waiting months to find out that the date they have for you is not possible for you to make, then waiting another undetermined amount of time to try again, with no chance to re coupe your money then by all means pay up.

I paid them over $20,000. I have not gotten the last class and evidently cannot get my money back so right now I have a wasted $3000. My estimated value for everything I got is about $3000. My evaluation of TMTT is that they have a very limited value to you. They are a money machine designed to get as much out of you as possible and beyond that they do not care about you or your education. They have set themselves up very carefully legally so that they are able to do what they want and when, so you should know that once they have any money from you that money is GONE. I think you should be very careful if you choose to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by demockery View Post
    Teach Me Forclosures ~ a masterfully deceptive switch & bait swindle.

My brother and I just squandered $199 to attend a three day "infomercial" called "Teach Me Forclosures," another Weapon of Monetary Depletion created by Russ Whitney's criminal conspirators at the Wealth Intelligence Academy of Florida. We were told it was a thousand dollar package, on sale that day only for $199 and both of us could attend! What a bargain.

We figure the whole ordeal cost us $871.00 in cash, market value for our time and for our out of pocket expenses. We'll be satisfied when that's repaid and Whitney and his road show thieves are encarcerated under the Deceptive Trade Practice laws to prevent them from fleecing untold numbers of future victims. (When are We, The People, going to finally get together to round up all the predators to keep them from preying on innocent people so we can have actual civilization? I guess we'll have to start on CapitAl Hill.)

A pretty lady at the free one day seminar (the lady who deceived us into wasting our money and time) told us we'd receive "interactive real estate contract software" that would enable us to "type the details of the deals right into the forms on the computer to print out professional looking contracts." And, of course, the seminar's were both named, "Teach Me Forclosures and real estate investing" indicating that we'd be taught everything we needed to know in order to buy and sell forclosures profitably.

The three day course was cleverly scheduled weeks after we paid for it, preventing us from canceling the charge on the credit card. It consisted of a little bit about forclosures and a long and relentless display of arrogance and teasers about the myriad of real estate courses they planned to sell us from $2000 to $95,000. After the first day, we decided to actually put the disc of contract software they'd provided us into our computer to check it out. It was literally embarrassing, not interactive and completely useless for our purposes. The software that the pretty lady had implied we'd bought was there for sale: but for 1999 more of our hard earned dollars.

We decided to continue to attend to garner any useful information we could to offset our losses. And, a lot of valuable information was presented. But, it just wasn't what we paid for.

At the end of the third day, June 3, 2007, we realized that we'd been had. As the speaker, Alan Swails, concluded his presentation and quickly started walking out of the room, as he passed us I loudly asked him if we could ever expect to get the services and goods that we'd paid for but had not yet received. He stopped and asked what we were missing.

I told him we wanted the "interactive real estate contract software" we were promised. He tried to side step the issue by saying that if we hadn't gotten our software because of short supplies, it would be mailed to us. I told him, "We have your disc of useless contracts. But, we want what we were promised and what we've already paid for." The crowd was shouting out their agreement with what I was saying and their discontent of being swindled. I pointed out his statement earlier that day, "If you leave here with nothing, nothing will change in your life." to prove that he'd given us almost nothing for our $200. He was at a loss for words.

One of his goons told me I was disrupting the meeting and I'd have to leave. (But the meeting was over, lol.) I asked if they intended to physically throw me out, suggesting that would be a medical mistake. They called hotel security. So, unable to advance my case there, we strolled outside to wait for the others as they left. Everyone who passed us, congratulated me for speaking up and expressed their agreement with what I'd said and exchanged contact information, so we could get together later to discuss our options.

My brother and I have already filed our complaint against Russ Whitney Swindlers, Inc. with the Florida BBB from the link above. And, we're seeking a legal remedy from the Texas Attorney General's office. I suggest all Whitney's victims do likewise. And, if you'd like to contact me for a potential class action suit or, at the very least, to form a substantial group to pressure law enforcement to stop these thieves from swindling future victims, please do so.
    I went to this RIP off seminar this weekend. I feel just like you. I got SCAMED out of my $199. I am going to report Wealth Intellegence Academy to the BBB. If you do file a clas action lawsuite please let me know how i can help. There were over 102 people at the seminar and i know they made at least 1 million dollars through scamming poor people. Lee Escobar who was the trainer told people to put the cost of these $30,000 "advanced learning" classes on their credit cards, Home Equity lines of Credit, To use their 401K money, lie cheat do what ever you have to to get the money. Again please inform me for the class action law suite you may have planned. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by camille1 View Post
    I went to this RIP off seminar this weekend. I feel just like you. I got SCAMED out of my $199. I am going to report Wealth Intellegence Academy to the BBB. If you do file a clas action lawsuite please let me know how i can help. There were over 102 people at the seminar and i know they made at least 1 million dollars through scamming poor people. Lee Escobar who was the trainer told people to put the cost of these $30,000 "advanced learning" classes on their credit cards, Home Equity lines of Credit, To use their 401K money, lie cheat do what ever you have to to get the money. Again please inform me for the class action law suite you may have planned. Thank you.
    I went to this scam this weekend. If anyone is reading Please do not give these people your money. They tell sobb stories about their lives. They belittle people. And they keep pushing you to buy this garbabge. Do fall for it.

I would like to challenge anyone who is upset with the $199 3 day training put on by WIA. The reps are completely upfront about the fact that they are a business and they are selling future courses. The initial 3-day is absolutely worth the $199 for 2 people. If you were expecting to learn everything you need to know about investing in real estate in 3 days, even just the foreclosure process, you have no right to make money in this business. The only people who are disappointed in this course are the people who expect something to make them rich without any effort on their part. Real Estate investing is a viable career, and WIA is one vehicle a person can use to get the training they need to be successful. If more people had gone on to the advanced trainings, we may not be in the mortgage crisis we are in. There are many people who figured they could do it themselves and now are facing the foreclosure process on their own "investment" property. Clearly they needed more training!! I am not a trainer, nor do I work for WIA. I am a student however who is very happy with the investment I made in my education. Would you trust any other professional who went to a 3 day course and think they know everything about their trade? If so, I sure hope you are not someone I need to come in contact with!

Quite recently, I was caught off guard by a similar company...Call your credit card immediately...stating that you were: deceived/did not received services you paid for. Have facts: dates, etc. Send registered mail with documents to your bank....Photocopy your contract and make sure you keep a copy for yourself.
    If you have tapes, videos/any packages I suggest that you go to UPS/Register and add a note of your returns. Complain that you have returned that merchandise with receipt before the deadline. Do not let theives get away with anything. And complain to the Attorney General, Consumer Alerts...Explain that you were bullied into giving your credit information/did not have time to read the details and Change YOUR CREDIT CARD. My credit card was debited 2x unauthorized by the same come Ripp Off Company. Above all, stand your ground and ask the bank to Charge The Company back. This, may credit your account and hold the crooks liable. Good luck.
    Last edited by goldenlab; 10-18-2007 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Spell check

i was at seminar with LEE ESCOBAR and was not able to move forward due to money issues. I do not know what seminar the person who spoke above was at. NOT one TIME did Lee Escobar tell us to LIE or CHEAT to get into the classes. yes he did show us a technique using credit cards to help us buy properties and to help us if we could not sell a property to float the payment and he even stated several time being up front that if you wanted to use the credit cards for your education you could. i got my money worth. he showed us how to find foreclosures and evaluate them he even showed us how to fund them using cash, Hard money lenders, private money and mortgages and even owner financing. and then he showed us how to sell those foreclosures through wholesaleing, lease options, rentals, and rehab he even showed us how to evaluate each foreclosure based on the above options. he is right real estate investing is dangerous with out the proper education. and yes he pushed us to look at ourselves internally but we have been conditioned by society to work for other people and not to be free. we even have been taught that we should do everything ourselves in this world and not ask for help. i know i need help and wish i could afford it but this will not stop me i am going to make this work for myself and then enroll in more classes. the more i know the more i will make. who ever wrote the above you are cynical and probably broke so i wont take my advice from you and neither should anyone else. at least he is out changing lives what are you doing destroying them.

i was at seminar with LEE ESCOBAR and was not able to move forward due to money issues. I do not know what seminar the person who spoke above was at. NOT one TIME did Lee Escobar tell us to LIE or CHEAT to get into the classes. yes he did show us a technique using credit cards to help us buy properties and to help us if we could not sell a property to float the payment and he even stated several time being up front that if you wanted to use the credit cards for your education you could. i got my money worth. he showed us how to find foreclosures and evaluate them he even showed us how to fund them using cash, Hard money lenders, private money and mortgages and even owner financing. and then he showed us how to sell those foreclosures through wholesaleing, lease options, rentals, and rehab he even showed us how to evaluate each foreclosure based on the above options. he is right real estate investing is dangerous with out the proper education. and yes he pushed us to look at ourselves internally but we have been conditioned by society to work for other people and not to be free. we even have been taught that we should do everything ourselves in this world and not ask for help. i know i need help and wish i could afford it but this will not stop me i am going to make this work for myself and then enroll in more classes. the more i know the more i will make. who ever wrote the above you are cynical and probably broke so i wont take my advice from you and neither should anyone else. at least he is out changing lives what are you doing destroying them.

12-19-2007

My name is Steve Wilczek, and I am a Real Estate agent in Tacoma, WA.

My business partner and I attended the “free” Teach Me Foreclosure class, seminar here, in Tacoma, Washington last night knowing that it would be all about them signing people up to take there class.

As a Real Estate Professional, I always am attending these types of deals for many reasons, and to sometimes pick up a client or two. Just being honest about it, and I have made a few really good contacts from attending these.

Many people I know, both in and out of the business have paid good money for these classes, and have all been scammed in some way. From not getting what they have paid for and out right being lied and deceived, to the companies going out of business and with them with no recourse to get their monies back. Now, I do know MANY people that are making a fabulous living doing Real Estate Investing, and know what I am about to write about all of these classes and such.

I don’t care where you live, or what you do for a living, or what level of education you have had. We are all human, and would love to have it all work out in the long and short of it. But, in EVERY one of these classes I have attended, in many different parts of the country are the same. I always stick around and talk to the Lead Speaker after the seminar. All of them are “consultants” and the people they have there with them are nothing but “sales people” to close you out of your money. Heck, the lead speaker, in most cases when confronted about it, will even say that they are and in most cases, are “hired” as “consultants” by that company to speak on their behalf. Some to most have done some type of Real Estate Investing over the years themselves, but they know very little about the actual market conditions for what they are speaking about. An 11 year old could tell me about the “foreclosure” market by just listening to the news in the background to them playing video games.

My point to all of this is simple. If you are anyone you know is truly looking to get into the Real Estate Investment game, and let me tell you now, it is worth the time and effort when done right. Get in contact with a LOCAL Real Estate Agent, and set up an appointment with them about the current market conditions, and available properties, and get something going. YES, you can make money in everything from, buying and flipping, to assigning the Purchase and Sale Agreement, to hold and rent for a cash flow, all of it. But these people know NOTHING about the markets they are introducing these classes into.

OH…and the paperwork that they provide you, and the contracts, and all of that. Just a thought, HOW MANY OF YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH ALL OF THE LOCAL LAWS (SOME FEDERAL LAWS AS WELL) IN YOUR AREA, PERTAINING TO A REAL ESTATE TRANSACTION????

Last night when I heard that they have ALL of their OWN contracts, and paperwork for you to use, I about fainted. FACT: More people that don’t know how to write up a legal binding contact, and know how to get out of them, even up to the point of closing, is already headed to court, and being sued by someone. PERIOD!!!!!

This is where your local PROFESSIONAL will help you…and it won’t cost you anything. Having a Real Estate Professional represent you is FREE, (as a buyer’s agent) and if you are getting into Pre-Foreclosures, and REO properties, the bank WILL pay for that Professional so you will never have to. My years of experience at work, not yours.

These “Classes” will never show how you can really save time and money, and by using all of the available resources to you, and what to do. Can YOU afford to do it by “trail and error”?? Again, as a Real Estate Professional, I have direct access to all properties, regardless of what their current status is, and it doesn’t cost me a dime to get it in your hands to help make a deal get put together. All I would ask for is the opportunity to represent you…Remember form the classes…it’s all about creating a “win, win” for everyone. And NOT being sued along the way.

I could go on and on, but the point is, nothing is for free, and all of these types of programs, will for some, be a very great way to a cash flow, wealth building portfolio, and others, be a waste of time and money, because they are not what they claim to be, like the “Teach Me Foreclosure” programs.

If anyone reading this would like to know more, and for FREE, then feel free to contact me, at 1-866-514-2085, and thank you for reading this, and good luck.

Happy Holiday’s

Steve Wilczek
    Real Estate USA
    Tacoma, WA

Quote Originally Posted by sjw36501 View Post
    12-19-2007

My name is Steve Wilczek, and I am a Real Estate agent in Tacoma, WA.

My business partner and I attended the “free” Teach Me Foreclosure class, seminar here, in Tacoma, Washington last night knowing that it would be all about them signing people up to take there class.

As a Real Estate Professional, I always am attending these types of deals for many reasons, and to sometimes pick up a client or two. Just being honest about it, and I have made a few really good contacts from attending these.

Many people I know, both in and out of the business have paid good money for these classes, and have all been scammed in some way. From not getting what they have paid for and out right being lied and deceived, to the companies going out of business and with them with no recourse to get their monies back. Now, I do know MANY people that are making a fabulous living doing Real Estate Investing, and know what I am about to write about all of these classes and such.

I don’t care where you live, or what you do for a living, or what level of education you have had. We are all human, and would love to have it all work out in the long and short of it. But, in EVERY one of these classes I have attended, in many different parts of the country are the same. I always stick around and talk to the Lead Speaker after the seminar. All of them are “consultants” and the people they have there with them are nothing but “sales people” to close you out of your money. Heck, the lead speaker, in most cases when confronted about it, will even say that they are and in most cases, are “hired” as “consultants” by that company to speak on their behalf. Some to most have done some type of Real Estate Investing over the years themselves, but they know very little about the actual market conditions for what they are speaking about. An 11 year old could tell me about the “foreclosure” market by just listening to the news in the background to them playing video games.

My point to all of this is simple. If you are anyone you know is truly looking to get into the Real Estate Investment game, and let me tell you now, it is worth the time and effort when done right. Get in contact with a LOCAL Real Estate Agent, and set up an appointment with them about the current market conditions, and available properties, and get something going. YES, you can make money in everything from, buying and flipping, to assigning the Purchase and Sale Agreement, to hold and rent for a cash flow, all of it. But these people know NOTHING about the markets they are introducing these classes into.

OH…and the paperwork that they provide you, and the contracts, and all of that. Just a thought, HOW MANY OF YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH ALL OF THE LOCAL LAWS (SOME FEDERAL LAWS AS WELL) IN YOUR AREA, PERTAINING TO A REAL ESTATE TRANSACTION????

Last night when I heard that they have ALL of their OWN contracts, and paperwork for you to use, I about fainted. FACT: More people that don’t know how to write up a legal binding contact, and know how to get out of them, even up to the point of closing, is already headed to court, and being sued by someone. PERIOD!!!!!

This is where your local PROFESSIONAL will help you…and it won’t cost you anything. Having a Real Estate Professional represent you is FREE, (as a buyer’s agent) and if you are getting into Pre-Foreclosures, and REO properties, the bank WILL pay for that Professional so you will never have to. My years of experience at work, not yours.

These “Classes” will never show how you can really save time and money, and by using all of the available resources to you, and what to do. Can YOU afford to do it by “trail and error”?? Again, as a Real Estate Professional, I have direct access to all properties, regardless of what their current status is, and it doesn’t cost me a dime to get it in your hands to help make a deal get put together. All I would ask for is the opportunity to represent you…Remember form the classes…it’s all about creating a “win, win” for everyone. And NOT being sued along the way.

I could go on and on, but the point is, nothing is for free, and all of these types of programs, will for some, be a very great way to a cash flow, wealth building portfolio, and others, be a waste of time and money, because they are not what they claim to be, like the “Teach Me Foreclosure” programs.

If anyone reading this would like to know more, and for FREE, then feel free to contact me, at 1-866-514-2085, and thank you for reading this, and good luck.

Happy Holiday’s

Steve Wilczek
    Real Estate USA
    Tacoma, WA

Hi Steve,

I recently went to a 3 day seminar featuring Lee Escobar as the lead speaker! He and his team were representing Robert Kiyosaki's "Rich Dad Academy".

First off, I paid $495 for the seminar and they told me I could bring a guest for free! The first day was exciting! They did spend a lot of time on "mindset" which I can understand because most people are "left side quadrant" thinkers.

It was exciting to play the "Cash Flow" game because I realized that there was so much experience I lacked when it came to investing. It really opens your eyes!

After the second day, I felt a little disillusioned because they were asking for a large amount of money to get involved with the advanced training. I came to the conclusion that the only reason they were teaching us the credit card tricks was to get us to raise our credit limits so we could charge the training on our credit cards. Needless to say, I became cynical!

That same night, they asked us to speak with a consultant about getting started in the program. I plainly told him I had no money whatsoever and he did not bother me about it even a little bit.

After that I didn't even want to go to the third day. Despite my cynicism, I did go the last day...after all, I was going to get my money's worth!!

It turned out to be very informative. One thing I took away from it all was that no one in that room of 150 people knew hardly anything about real estate investing (except for the speakers.) Lee asked the audience to analyze the deals and nobody knew what to do. Also, Lee showed us more credit card strategies that amazed us. There is a Bible verse that says, "A student is not above his teacher." I think that applies very well because, if someone is an experienced real estate investor they would be out there making it happen. Fact is, if you or I knew as much as they did, we would be up there teaching.

My parents are experienced real estate investors and they didn't even know half of the strategies that I was exposed to that weekend. One thing I can say about my parents is that they never read any books on the topic but, they have their own "power team" of attorneys, CPA's, real estate agents, etc. I don't believe that Lee Escobar and Robert Kiyosaki are recommending you go out there and do it all on your own. On the contrary, they are recommending that you seek knowledge and counsel. If you want to take 10 years learning the game than by all means, don't take the courses they offer. For those who want to succeed sometime in the near future, it would benefit them to invest the money in educating themselves. Besides, I've seen people do real estate transactions that would pay for their education and than some. FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD!

The problem with most people is that they are so "left side quadrant" trained that it stops them from moving forward in life. So what if you lose 30k on a training course!!! You learn something! You mostly learn in life by making mistakes. I don't think Robert Kiyosaki would put his reputation on the line by working with fools who rip people off! And Kiyosaki doesn't bad mouth realtors. What I find funny is that everyone and their mom was a realtor not too long ago and now those same people are doing other things! I'm not against realtors. I think they are good for certain things but, just like they are motivated for commissions, there is nothing wrong for paying for an education that could lead to a lot of cash.

I could go on and on but, I'm sure you're too busy saving the world from "fradulant free real estate seminars!" I'm not saying you should trust everyone you meet or listen to everyone with an opinion but, if you never leave your house and make mistakes, you'll never learn anything. I think you actually had some valid points to make in your above paragraph however, I think you were making broad statements without doing more research on Robert Kiyosaki and his teachings.

Do people out there honest-to-God think that they will spend $199 at a COLLEGE and get trained in ANYTHING to make a living? duh? If you go to college which if you ask me - some of THAT is a major RIP OFF - your parents might fork over tens of thousands sending you there for 4 years and then you graduate and realize you aren't doing what you really want to be doing in life....*wink* (you know i'm right!)
    what is so different about paying for investment knowledge...? all i could think was, COOL! they are marketing the knowledge!!!! most college students sadly NEVER learn about money anyway and they are pushed into applying for a credit card on campus, mm-hmm......
    My honest opinion? people get entirely freaked out after $199 and see the $14,000 or $30,000 price tag (and hello if you shop at all, $199 is NOTHING) if $30,000 is too much to plop down all at once ( and i agree it is), find someone to share the cost with.... If you cant afford it, why would you buy it?? You aren't going to get the whole shebang for $199, yo! I think people have thrown more money at less in life.

If you spend $30,000 and say "I want to learn how to trade or sell real estate", and then BACK OUT for no reason, you'd assuredly meet with equal resistance. Not that i think it's ethical for them not to refund your money, but its a foolish game to play. That is how they make their money. ....I seriously don't believe half these scam reports are legit...I think there is a little more to the stories....THANK YOU to the individual who with a chipper attitude wrote "30k is nothing!" Take some risks, make some mistakes in life. TMTT did not scam me. They TAUGHT me.
    You'd be surprised how much your eyes will open if you GIVE IT A CHAAAAAAAANCE. I'm tired of scam.com....*yawn* moving on to greener pastures............THANK YOU TMTT/WIA!!

p.s scammed is spelled with two m's ....

Thank you, Realitycheck....you are absolutely right. WIA does exactly what it's name says it does, gives you WEALTH INTELLIGENCE -- not "INSTANT RICHES". I was warned by a skeptic that it was a "bad company" but conservative people often can't see past their caution. I did not listen to my skeptic friend and did not panic and go after WIA to try and get a refund. I placed a transaction over the phone, I never got a receipt or a form to sign, my credit card was charged AND I GOT MY 16-WEEK CLASS despite my fears of getting ripped off.
    who are you crazy people who dump your money and then panic and blame the company that they are fraudulent? i hope i never meet you. Show me one college crash course out there that gets you a graduate degree in 3 days. get real....obviously you don't belong in the group to become wealthy, you all want something for nothing. If you actually would bother to advance throught the courses offered, you would all see what us few are talking about.
    Russ Whitney must know something. Why don't you all go rally against Wal-Mart or something. Leave WIA alone. They're helping to educate those who want to learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAM921 View Post
    Thank you, Realitycheck....you are absolutely right. WIA does exactly what it's name says it does, gives you WEALTH INTELLIGENCE -- not "INSTANT RICHES". I was warned by a skeptic that it was a "bad company" but conservative people often can't see past their caution. I did not listen to my skeptic friend and did not panic and go after WIA to try and get a refund. I placed a transaction over the phone, I never got a receipt or a form to sign, my credit card was charged AND I GOT MY 16-WEEK CLASS despite my fears of getting ripped off.
    who are you crazy people who dump your money and then panic and blame the company that they are fraudulent? i hope i never meet you. Show me one college crash course out there that gets you a graduate degree in 3 days. get real....obviously you don't belong in the group to become wealthy, you all want something for nothing. If you actually would bother to advance throught the courses offered, you would all see what us few are talking about.
    Russ Whitney must know something. Why don't you all go rally against Wal-Mart or something. Leave WIA alone. They're helping to educate those who want to learn something.
    You have to understand a few things here CHAM, people who get ripped off tend to get pissed and the internet is a great place to talk about stuff. Those two facts, taken together rather plainly explain why Russ Whitney and all his many companies enjoy the popular contempt you see in this thread and any other mentioning his name. Before you try to write all those people off as losers, nay sayers and dream stealers just take a gander at this site. Now admittedly that site doesn't list Whitney's robbery conviction nor his paternity suit but it does give us some insight into the legal footing of his business interests. I have no doubt that Russ, as you say "must know something" the question is what? He knows what the phrase "unfair or deceptive acts or practices affecting the conduct of any trade or commerce" really means in a court of law (and in several states) and he knows how far he can play fast and lose with the law without his having to go back to prison. Now if he was teaching a class on that, it might be worth the price. :

Quote Originally Posted by warmwinters View Post
    Hi Steve,

I recently went to a 3 day seminar featuring Lee Escobar as the lead speaker! He and his team were representing Robert Kiyosaki's "Rich Dad Academy".

First off, I paid $495 for the seminar and they told me I could bring a guest for free! The first day was exciting! They did spend a lot of time on "mindset" which I can understand because most people are "left side quadrant" thinkers.

It was exciting to play the "Cash Flow" game because I realized that there was so much experience I lacked when it came to investing. It really opens your eyes!

After the second day, I felt a little disillusioned because they were asking for a large amount of money to get involved with the advanced training. I came to the conclusion that the only reason they were teaching us the credit card tricks was to get us to raise our credit limits so we could charge the training on our credit cards. Needless to say, I became cynical!

That same night, they asked us to speak with a consultant about getting started in the program. I plainly told him I had no money whatsoever and he did not bother me about it even a little bit.

After that I didn't even want to go to the third day. Despite my cynicism, I did go the last day...after all, I was going to get my money's worth!!

It turned out to be very informative. One thing I took away from it all was that no one in that room of 150 people knew hardly anything about real estate investing (except for the speakers.) Lee asked the audience to analyze the deals and nobody knew what to do. Also, Lee showed us more credit card strategies that amazed us. There is a Bible verse that says, "A student is not above his teacher." I think that applies very well because, if someone is an experienced real estate investor they would be out there making it happen. Fact is, if you or I knew as much as they did, we would be up there teaching.

My parents are experienced real estate investors and they didn't even know half of the strategies that I was exposed to that weekend. One thing I can say about my parents is that they never read any books on the topic but, they have their own "power team" of attorneys, CPA's, real estate agents, etc. I don't believe that Lee Escobar and Robert Kiyosaki are recommending you go out there and do it all on your own. On the contrary, they are recommending that you seek knowledge and counsel. If you want to take 10 years learning the game than by all means, don't take the courses they offer. For those who want to succeed sometime in the near future, it would benefit them to invest the money in educating themselves. Besides, I've seen people do real estate transactions that would pay for their education and than some. FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD!

The problem with most people is that they are so "left side quadrant" trained that it stops them from moving forward in life. So what if you lose 30k on a training course!!! You learn something! You mostly learn in life by making mistakes. I don't think Robert Kiyosaki would put his reputation on the line by working with fools who rip people off! And Kiyosaki doesn't bad mouth realtors. What I find funny is that everyone and their mom was a realtor not too long ago and now those same people are doing other things! I'm not against realtors. I think they are good for certain things but, just like they are motivated for commissions, there is nothing wrong for paying for an education that could lead to a lot of cash.

I could go on and on but, I'm sure you're too busy saving the world from "fradulant free real estate seminars!" I'm not saying you should trust everyone you meet or listen to everyone with an opinion but, if you never leave your house and make mistakes, you'll never learn anything. I think you actually had some valid points to make in your above paragraph however, I think you were making broad statements without doing more research on Robert Kiyosaki and his teachings.
    Get in touch with you local Realtor, and find out the real deal about foreclosures in your market. Turn around time (real life and not something out of some book) Carry cost for that timeframe, as so on. One last thing...Using a Credit Card to purchase properies...when you have a bank account with 6 figures in it, then use that method, other wise you are falling into a very large hole. Talk to local people about your market. I am sure there are tons of great networking groups, and get first hand advise from those people. Remember...NONE of those people in the trainings are doing real estate anymore...they are selling courses. Think about that one.