+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    204

    "Preach The Word"

    "Preach the word; be instant (constant) in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine." 2 Timothy 4:2. I'm thankful that I happen to have a local pastor who preaches the word week after week. Not politics. Elections come and go, but you wouldn't know if she was a Republican or a Democrat. I have a lot of ideas on this, but they shouldn't be espoused from the pulpit.
    Notice preach it "out of season." When it's popular or it isn't popular. Today it's popular to be preaching "Christian Zionism" when the Jews are for the most part a powerful, wealthy people. Today it's popular to preach that there's nothing wrong with Catholicism, when they are also today for the most part a powerful, wealthy people. Same with Masons. Same with Satanists really.
    My Bible still says "doing nothing by partiality." I don't think we have any business showing partiality to the Jews over the Moslems. My Bible still says don't call anyone on this earth your Father, Rabbi, or Master except Jesus Christ. My Bible still says to not make or bow down to idols or statues. My Bible still says "Blessed are ye poor, for yours is the kingdom of God."
    My Bible still says "all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly shall be stubble." My Bible still says "Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you." Jimmy Swaggart's "sermon" this week was entirely a book report of a book he had written attacking the Moslems. The pulpit isn't the place for book reports. Preach the word, preach the gospel. Jack Van Impe's as usual in recent years was about half gospel and half politics.
    And his politics is now all "politically correct." The lodge is good, Catholicism is good, Judaism is good, Moslems are bad. War is good. Fight the Moslems because of 9/11. He didn't used to "preach" this way ten or fifteen years ago. And this same kind of "preaching" is going on over most of "Christian" radio, "Christian" television, and probably most pulpits across the world today.
    We are to preach the word, the gospel, because this is the ONLY thing that has the POWER to save our souls. "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the POWER of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." Romans 1:16.
    Last edited by rogerbovee; 11-02-2010 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Didn't capitalize "preach"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    204

    Re: "Preach The Word"

    We should be still at times, but also preach the word at times, and to be able to preach the word we need to know the word by meditating on it day and night. "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh."

  3. #3

    Re: "preach The Word"

    Preach the word to pay the payments on our leaders Mercedes.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: "preach The Word"

    if i do not the works of my father, believe me not!? :judges: :freak3: : :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  5. #5
    Sharky's Avatar
    Sharky is offline Right Might over Right Wrong(J. Swift) late 1600's
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Carolia
    Posts
    627

    Re: "preach The Word"

    1 Timothy 1
    Says allot don't it.
    I preach Yeshuah's Love for mankind in and out of season for I don't see seasons for or against letting others know that the Miracle they wish they could see is walking all around you. These miracles are that we haven't killed all of ourselves off as of yet. But that Satan wishes to do so, so none will enter the Kingdom Come.
    No needed to ordain me he did the moment I believed and surrendered and I do mean surrendered myself to Him.
    For I can say what in the chapter mentioned above towards the End that I was once the Most wicked of men in thought and deed. But it was His Grace and mercy that He counted me worthy.
    We are to pray for our masters and not partake of their Sins.
    So as you would say I preach the Word through works and Glorifying His name to all who are put in my path.
    I do not try at all to convince others, we just need to mention His name and have the faith to know that if they were chosen by Yahuah (God) they will eventually come to the working knowledge of our ha' Adon (Lord).
    These are the true names of our Master and creator. Please show respect for the true names and miracles will happen for it is written that we should proclaim healings in His name. So Jesus is a distortion from the Greeks pagan language.
    Use the correct name and claim the authority given you through His name which is above all names. There is power in Name.:angel:

  6. #6
    Sharky's Avatar
    Sharky is offline Right Might over Right Wrong(J. Swift) late 1600's
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Carolia
    Posts
    627

    Re: "preach The Word"

    Their names where changed to English also.
    I am not sorry for believing that the Creator of all things can do all things. For it is written that His ways are not our ways and His Tech is way beyond what Man can even try to imagine.
    We are so blinded by how great we feel we are, and how we have ways of explaining things we don't understand but try to through our weak minds.
    I am not you and likewise.
    I choose to believe what others try to refute and that is the Words of Scripture although written by man that it is not beyond Al Shaddi from being able to keep it true to what He would prefer us, His creation to know as truth for His children.
    Way beyond our Tech on that subject for we yet can't understand how such a thing could take place.
    As for me I believe, as stated, Love is the most important ground work laid for us.
    Try just some of the things mentioned.
    Lets say someone punches you in the face.
    What is a believer commanded to do?
    Turn the other cheek, right?
    How many times 70x7 or until you pass out.
    I haven't found any so called followers except a few that would do so.
    I believe what is written to a fault.
    For when I was on the Street homeless at 13 all I had was His words and the other people (drug addicts, other kids and even my brother) beat me ragged, but I would turn my head and would be punched until knockout time.
    I was even used for target practice for knife throwing and was actually hit many times. Why they even hung me from a tree to die.
    All because I refused to stop telling them about His sacrifice for them.
    Sure, you may think I was stupid to do so, but I didn't think so.
    I knew then that to choose Him would come suffering and not a bed of roses. I chose my fate knowing that he was there to comfort me and He was.
    Nothing anyone says or what they may do will ever convince me what was taught did not come direct through man from I AM because His Tech is way beyond anything man could ever be able to comprehend.
    He gave me the strength of my convictions and has rewarded me though this sinner deserves nothing.
    cured of cancer
    cured from loosing my foot (miracle in replacing it)
    cured from the fall into drugs and sex addiction.
    cured from a heart that failed
    There are to many miracles that have occured to mention here.
    Put it this way , if you don't believe it ain't my problem its yours.
    Oh, by the way the names are Hebrew and that is the language of the Jews who where disciples and they even wrote in it to.
    He came to fulfill the Law not to eliminate it.
    There are in Hebrew over 100 names that can be used to describe the all mighty "I AM" But only one for the Son and that is Yeshuah.
    So, I would like to ask what is wrong with using His correct name?
    Is it because it sounds Jewish and that Christianity as it is called feel that Jews have no place with Yahuah anymore since Yeshuah's sacrifice or do they think that since they have another language it supercedes Yahuah's.
    I really don't concern myself with others and their ways, that's their dealing with Him not mine.
    Do as you must, but he is the one all will answer to.
    One more thing, it is also written not to do harm to one of His children for it would be better a millstone be hung around your neck and thrown of a bridge compared to what His punishment will be upon you.
    So, here it is a command to pray for your enemies or those that would do you harm.
    Well I didn't and this is what took place to those I didn't pray for.
    Everyone of those people are dead and all suffered from horrible painful deaths especially my brother and sister and my first 2 wives who sought to harm me in life and they in turn created a suffering in death that makes me cry for I did not intercede for them.
    That is over nine people Buddies. So pray for those who would harm you for death and a painful death may await them. All died before 35 yrs Old.
    I now pray for all who now have done me harm since being shown what He is capable of doing and that is to keep His word.
    I am sure you all will have fun with this reply, won't you?
    Last edited by Sharky; 11-09-2010 at 07:51 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: "preach The Word"

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Wots the post for....to not convince?

    there is no utterance, no word, no name for G!d...

    oops.

    Jesus is a distortion...no it is an english name...

    yeshua is a aramaic or jewish name...

    so what do not have mathew mark luke and john in your bible???

    You know the folks that weren't eyewitnesses...the ones that wrote down their interpretations of the stories they heard decades later...stories written to their audience to promote their agenda and correct (in their mind) the previous writings errors...and now we call them synoptic?
    There should be no confusion between God and Jesus. Jesus was God. The gospels were inaccurate stories of Jesus. The authors wrote their stories from 35 to 70 years after the brutal murder of Jesus (God). They were not eyewitnesses, and wrote in Creek. Evidence of their confusion about Jesus are their different accounts of the early life of Jesus, and the day, time and accounts of His crucifixion and resurrection.

    Yahweh is God, the Lord, and Jesus.

    Read Revelation 11 for the true story of Jesus (Yahweh). The two witnesses are the two entities of God, both equal in power, glory and Holiness.
    Last edited by Cnance; 11-09-2010 at 07:53 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: "preach The Word"

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    revelation is like Genesis: metaphor and allegory....nothing there to be taken litterally....

    That's a convenient way of dismissing something you disagree about.

    If the Bible is nothing but metaphor and allegory, then historical events or factual accounts related to Israel and God are meaningless.

    If we symbolize everything, then we have nothing to discuss. Thus, everything we say or is written can be trivialized away.

    there are parts of Revelation that are remarkable significant for understanding God's story. I dismiss most of what biblical scholars, theologians, and others say about Revelation. They all have a bias about Jesus.

    Assuming that Jesus was God and not his son there is a remarkable fit between Revelation 11 and 12 with regard to numbers and the ministry of Jesus. You need an open mind to see it.

    In Chapter 11, the numbers 42 months and 1,260 days corresponds to the minister of Jesus. Just read it, it all fits. You also find 1,260 days in Chapter 12. Why? Because that was when the angels were fighting Satan in heaven while God (Jesus) was on earth. No other place in the Bible do you find those numbers.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: "preach The Word"

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Very astute at attributing misinformation are we?

    I did not say the bible was nothing but metaphor and allegory. I will say the bible is full of metaphor, allegory, parables, mythology, historical fiction, and more...a great book, full of inspiration and morals well worth reading and utilizing and is my number one spiritual reference.

    But Genesis and Revelation are nothing but allegory and metaphor and cannot be taken litterally. They are not the word of G!d, they are the words of many men, trying to explain what was 2-5,000 years ago and is mostly still currently unexplainable (what happened before and what will happen in the future).
    Let me break it down. What you are saying is because the Bible is ancient and written by ignorant men, it should therefore be ignored as a source of knowledge or information about God. Moral teaching, however, you say can be found in the Bible. What pray tell can that moral teaching be if it is disassociated with literal interpretations or, in particular, Bible stories, parables, and historical accounts.

    I believe Revelation 11 is an historical account.

  10. #10
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: "preach The Word"

    Based on what?...your dream, or are you basing it on hard evidence?

    Just curious>
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: "preach The Word"

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Based on what?...your dream, or are you basing it on hard evidence?

    Just curious>
    Apparently, I am the only person who believes Revelation 11 is the true story about Jesus. Assuming the Bible is hard evidence. Humor me and assume it. The story of the two witnesses is about as straight forward and unambiguous as it gets for the Bible.

    Reasons for believing are 1) I had a dream that the gospels don't tell the real story about Jesus (God) 2) My research as shown there is reasonable doubt, based on historical analysis, to doubt the accuracy of the gospels 3) I had a dream showing Jesus being brutally beaten by two Roman soldiers. In the dream, there was no crucifixion.
    Last edited by Cnance; 11-10-2010 at 03:31 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: "preach The Word"

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Ok you ask us to assume the bible...but not the gospels....

    Assume you are right...

    And bible theologians and researchers are wrong.

    Do you believe all your dreams?

    I only read 5 lines into your beloved revelation 11...tell me your literal interpretation of these guys breathing fire and smiting away....
    Yes, bible theologians and researchers are wrong.

    The only dreams I believe are the ones that are extremely vivid. They are without question from another world.

    Read all of Rev. 11, not parts of it out of context. Verses 5-6 are about God's power to annihilate His enemies, not much different than the Old Testament. Does God have that kind of power?

    The topic is Rev. 11. My dreams are relevant inasmuch as they relate to Revelation 11. I have already discussed my dreams on scam.com. Frankly, I don't like putting myself up to ridicule.

    I have no agenda except to tell the truth about God and the fate of humankind. Inasmuch as my dreams are not a "good news" scenario, I find no reason to promote them. If you are looking for a rosy outcome, they have no value.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: "preach The Word"

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    The day it you realize it is your truth, your understanding and not made for anyone else but you will be to your benefit.
    I believe I've state this before. I don't expect anyone to belief my ideas about Jesus. However, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights.

    You say it is not for anyone but me. Well, that is fine, but what if I am correct. In the free market of ideas I haven't heard a sound, or logical, argument against my views. Mostly, what I've read is "that can't be true." Even you who proclaims a special understanding of God can't give me a logical argument.

    Did you read Revelation 11? It sounds like you picked one part to quibble about then said forget it. If you think my argument is unsound, tell me why.
    Last edited by Cnance; 11-11-2010 at 09:37 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: "preach The Word"

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    All I need to quibble is one point.

    You claim it historically accurate, not metaphor and allegory. I ask if this section is true and historically accurate or metaphor and allegory.

    I live outside the box, I don't live in your box.

    Sure you have the first ammendment right to say what you wish...

    but I won't humor you and assume this dream or your dream to have any function in my reality.
    That's fair assessment. I mentioned the dream because YoursTruly asked me how I came up with my idea. So, I gave an honest answer. As for my conclusions, I would like others to critique on their merits.

    You still haven't provided an logical critique. I am not asking you to respond to dreams, I'm asking you to critique the idea that Revelation 11 is the true story of what happened to Jesus.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 10:43 AM
  2. Is "white trash" same as "N-word"?
    By tompindar in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-23-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. Palin's campaign against the "R-word"
    By Phinnly Slash Buster in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 08:34 PM
  4. True to her word, she's "toughening" him up...
    By sojustask in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 01:13 PM
  5. "500 Word Sites" Garbage
    By skepdick in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 06:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •