+ Reply to Thread

jhitfield is offline My blog on this topic:http://thethingsastheyare.blogsp ot.com/

I have a challenge about online surveys

Hi guys,

Certainly when I give my opinion about these sites they delete my comments inmediately so I will make my point as a challenge:

Can anyone give me the name of a online survey, clicks or email reading jobs company taht fulfills these 3 basic working principals:
    1-The time expended doing the task is paid proportionally to the minimum legal wage
    2-The company pays every user every 1st of the month for the time expended on these tasks the previous month.
    3-The company covers these transaction expenses

Anyone can now get their own conclusion.

Thank you

I cannot tell in forums what I like to say so you can check on my blog where I dont get censoredif you are interested on this topic.

Re: I have a challenge about online surveys

You have posted some contradictory information.

You are asking about a work-at-home survey and data entry jobs that are independent contractor type jobs which are not covered by the Federal minimum wage laws. Are you looking for independent contractor type jobs or jobs where you are hired by the company which has to abide by the Federal wage laws? Which is it?

Companies make their own payment schedules, some pay on first of month, some twice a month, some every other week, some weekly, some pay at the end of the month. Are you saying that you want a company to change their entire pay structure to accommodate you or make an exception and pay you differently than every other person that has done work for said company?

Transaction expenses? Are you saying you want someone else to pay for your home computer?

Maybe you could let us know what companies you have worked for and specifically what sites you are talking about here.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

First and foremost it's important to realize that no one "works" for a survey company.. at least not "taking surveys".

1. Lot's of surveys pay way more than the minimum wage when you take them. I took one the other day that paid $10 and it took around 10 mins to complete.. that would equate to $60 an hour.. Of course you will NEVER take surveys all day and make a fortune. That $10 and another survey I took for $5 was my total survey income for that day.

2. Most survey sites pay out based on how much you have made, meaning you can cash out after you have made $10 etc. For instance I cash out around 4 times a month with one company for at least $20 each time, yet another company I only cash out once a month for around $75, another company could be once a month, twice a month or once every two months, depending on how many surveys I took.

3. I've never had a survey company charge me for cashing out.

jhitfield is offline My blog on this topic:http://thethingsastheyare.blogsp ot.com/

Hi,

I have not mention anything about data entry jobs and you about federal laws, I dont know. I am not form the US but I guess any job there is regulated by a minimum wage law, right? (I hope)

Then I really believe that when you perform an activity in exchange of money, you are "working", at least I would be working.

About the payments let me explain better. What I mean is that you can get paid in a regular basis and not only when you have reached the minimum. I agree, I does not have to be the 1st of the month exactly.

About the expenses I mean when you get paid through these online payment companies that take a percenage as comission.

But Meri Widow, could please let me know which company dealing with? I would like to try it by my self and if it is as you say then I would admit my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by jhitfield View Post
    Hi,
    I am not form the US but I guess any job there is regulated by a minimum wage law, right? (I hope)
    Not all jobs are covered by the US Federal minimum wage laws. Jobs that derive part of their income from tips are exempt from those laws, waiter/waitress, bellhop, busboy, types of dancers, service industry jobs and some salesmen jobs are a few jobs that are legally able to pay less per hour than the minimum as it is expected that the person doing the job will make more than the minimum when tips are factored in.

Other jobs, such as some construction jobs, are paid on a 'job finished' criteria. That means that you work for days/weeks/months for no pay until the day the job is finished, then you receive one large check for all the work you performed. In this type of job you could end up with more than the minimum hourly wage or less, depends on how long it took to finish the job.

Taking surveys is a bit like that, you spend the time and sometimes you made excellent money and other times you only made a few dollars an hour.

When someone "works" they could be working FOR a company as an employee or working WITH a company as an independent contractor. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

At a regular, hourly, paid-each-week-by-paper-check-type-job, you aren't receiving that check for free. You are paying 'transaction fees' for that check, those fees are not itemized, however. For instance, instead of paying $10 an hour for a job, a company will pay $9.95 hr, that .05 hr goes to cover the accounting, processing, printing, mailing/depositing of that paycheck. You are paying the fees, you just don't know how much at a regular paycheck job.

The more experienced, trained, reliable and how well you fit the demographic the survey company is looking for, the more you can make. As with any job, "experience pays".
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

yeah send me your blog URL

If you go into "user cp" you can click to "show signatures" this will let you see her blog url which is in her signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetspecter View Post
    yeah send me your blog URL