+ Reply to Thread

has anyone heard of NLN national legal network

i am trying to do a loan modification with them... i'm leary because of all the scams going on... an info. appreciated

Re: has anyone heard of NLN national legal network

Do you have a website address? I found a group of solicitors in Australia and a debt collection company in California with that same company name, don't think either of those is the company you are asking about, though. Are they asking for money upfront to "start the process"?
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

My father in law is looking to do a loan modification with them as well. Is Trent Marcus the owner of the company in California? He is legit, but I read the paperwork last night and have to advise my father in law not to do this. It looks to me like they only offer suggestions and hire someone else to talk to your mortgage lender. The paperwork also states several times that you will not receive a refund if you are denied loan modification. You are only given three days to turn in the requested documents or you will be dropped from the program and lose the money you pay them. There are no guarantees and they make sure you sign that you understand that part of it.

I did some more research on this and found this on Department of Real Estate (DRE). Advance fees for loan modifications now prohibited by law. Effective 10/11/2009 Governor Schwarznegger signed Senate Bill 94. California law now prohibits any person, including real estate licensees and attorneys, from demanding or collecting an advance fee from a consumer for loan modification or mortgage loan forbearance services afffecting 1-4 unit residential dwellings.

Yes, i have heard about them through a friend at work who just showed me a 3.375% fixed rate for 10yrs. I called them myself and was turned downed due to my situation not meeting their case standards. I did my research and found nothing negative about them.....hope this helps