+ Reply to Thread

Legal Set Limited & DAC Consulting

I am a new business owner seeking a business/commercial loan. I was contacted by David Coyne of DAC Consutling (email dacconsultinglimited@gmail.com) who found me on MyCapital.com. He stated he represented an investment group willing to give me a loan.

He than passed me on to Alexanda Humphreys (Alexander Humphreys) of the law firm Legal Set Limited. His email is legalsetltd@britain.com He demanded 5,000 pounds in fees to process my paperwork for the loan.

It sounded fishy. Despite the fact they are from England, all emails were written in broken English. Also, Humphrey claimed to be a graduate of Oxford University and Sterling Law school. I contacted both schools who do not have him listed as graduating there. I checked and he is not registered as a lawyer either.

Avoid these folks. Its a scam. I did not lose any money, but I did waste my time. I am posting Humphrey resume below. I hope I can help warn others and this post will come up when they google seach this firm.

THELEGALSETLIMITED

Curriculum Vitae

Attorney with a general business ******* practice emphasizing administrative
    law, commercial law for loan and partnership financial investment, Real Estate,
    Purchasing and Supplies, and Native British legal issues. Represents clients in all
    levels of state and federal court and before federal, state, and local administrative
    agencies and internationally.

Date of Birth:
    January 31, 1960, in London United Kingdom.

Education:
    Oxford University England ,B.SC.High Honors, 1985.
    School of Law, University of Stirling,Stirling Scotland 1987, emphasis on
    administrative law, commercial law for loan and partnership financial investment,
    Real Estate, Purchasing and Supplies, and Native British legal issues Agency
    Youth Advisory Board.

Personal information:

Mr.Humphreys Alexanda
    Director of Law Department
    Married, one child; licensed pilot; certified scuba diver.
    The Legal Set Limited Company Registration information
    Company Number: 04054914
    Date of Incorporation:17/08/2000
    Company Name: THE LEGAL SET LIMITED
    Registered Office: Christchurch house Upper George Street Luton,Bedfordshire,LU12RS
    Company Type: Private Limited Company
    Country of Origin:United Kingdom

Nature Of Business (SIC(92)):7411 - Legal activities

Mortgage: Number of Charges: ( 0 outstanding / 0 part satisfied / 0 satisfied)

Previous Names : No previous name information has beenrecorded over the last
    20 years.Current Appointments:Number of current appointments: 2

Working Experience

Law services limited -1987 to 1992
    Law Enterprises Limited-1993 to 1996
    Legal process midland limited-1997-1999

Re: Legal Set Limited & DAC Consulting

I agree, 100% scam.

Glad to hear that you figured out it was a scam before losing money to that 'advanced fee' type scammer.

The free email addresses "@gmail" and "@britain" are huge red flags for a scammer.

Despite the fact they are from England, all emails were written in broken English.
    Crappy English is another gigantic red flag. Not to be rude, but how do you know they are from England? Did you check the headers on the emails? Or did they give you a +44-70 cell phone number? Scammers love to pretend to be in the United Kingdom instead of admitting they are in some cyber cafe half a continent away.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of lost money, millions in the bank and desperate, loney, sexy singles. He will sell you email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-fraud-watching site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com