+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    204

    "Follow peace with all men"

    ... "without which no man shall see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14. But is the modern church doing this? How many are supporting this "War on Terror," "War on Iraq," and "War on Pakistan?" Most. One modern minister said recently on his tv show "We have to fight the Moslems." Why, I should like to know? The New Testament of the Bible is very anti-war. Jesus Christ said, "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." So are the warmongers called the children of the devil? Then John the Baptist told the soldiers of his day "Do violence to no man." Luke 3:14. So are you still going to continue as a warmonger?

  2. #2
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: "Follow peace with all men"

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerbovee View Post
    ... "without which no man shall see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14. But is the modern church doing this? How many are supporting this "War on Terror," "War on Iraq," and "War on Pakistan?" Most. One modern minister said recently on his tv show "We have to fight the Moslems." Why, I should like to know? The New Testament of the Bible is very anti-war. Jesus Christ said, "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." So are the warmongers called the children of the devil? Then John the Baptist told the soldiers of his day "Do violence to no man." Luke 3:14. So are you still going to continue as a warmonger?
    Hah!I REALLY HOPE people don't do as they read in the bible or we're all doomed. Good thing it's just a work of fiction.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    236

    Re: "Follow peace with all men"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    Hah!I REALLY HOPE people don't do as they read in the bible or we're all doomed. Good thing it's just a work of fiction.
    Lord Jag, you said you read the bible more than once, then Roger quoted a passage that said to "follow peace with all men", and you say that if we follow the bible then we are all in trouble? Obviously you have not understood anything you have read, yet you continue to post these statements that make no sense.

    So....how are we in trouble if we follow peace with all men? And....you do know that "seeing the Lord" is a present tense situation in which you do not see the Lord with your physical eyes, but see him with your understanding?

    But of course....Atheism, or what not, has no reason to offer peace, as does the bible, because with Atheism all you have is the here and now promoting the message of eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die. That is a very desperate attitude promoting war and greediness.
    whack it:judges:

  4. #4
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: "Follow peace with all men"

    So....how are we in trouble if we follow peace with all men? And....you do know that "seeing the Lord" is a present tense situation in which you do not see the Lord with your physical eyes, but see him with your understanding?

    But of course....Atheism, or what not, has no reason to offer peace, as does the bible, because with Atheism all you have is the here and now promoting the message of eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die. That is a very desperate attitude promoting war and greediness.
    Atheism doesn't have to. That's your misunderstanding. Atheism is a non-belief in a god. Nothing else. Atheism promotes nothing. Your argument is a straw man.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  5. #5
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: "Follow peace with all men"

    Quote Originally Posted by tig View Post
    Lord Jag, you said you read the bible more than once, then Roger quoted a passage that said to "follow peace with all men", and you say that if we follow the bible then we are all in trouble? Obviously you have not understood anything you have read, yet you continue to post these statements that make no sense.

    So....how are we in trouble if we follow peace with all men? And....you do know that "seeing the Lord" is a present tense situation in which you do not see the Lord with your physical eyes, but see him with your understanding?

    But of course....Atheism, or what not, has no reason to offer peace, as does the bible, because with Atheism all you have is the here and now promoting the message of eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die. That is a very desperate attitude promoting war and greediness.
    It's not that part I worry about... It's the part where you're encouraged to cut off the hands of thieves, cut out the tongues of liars and stone people to death for misdemeanors.

    Then of course there's all the killing of innocents, genocide and war....

    Yes we could do with a lot less people following the bible.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  6. #6
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: "Follow peace with all men"

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Atheism doesn't have to. That's your misunderstanding. Atheism is a non-belief in a god. Nothing else. Atheism promotes nothing. Your argument is a straw man.
    Amen to that :spin2:

    It's always fun for theists to tell Atheists what they believe and then chastise them for it.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  7. #7
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: "Follow peace with all men"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    It's not that part I worry about... It's the part where you're encouraged to cut off the hands of thieves, cut out the tongues of liars and stone people to death for misdemeanors.

    Then of course there's all the killing of innocents, genocide and war....

    Yes we could do with a lot less people following the bible.
    Maybe god should have included cartoons in the bible so there would be no misunderstandings, between the battling morons, as to what he meant.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    236

    Re: "Follow peace with all men"

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Atheism doesn't have to. That's your misunderstanding. Atheism is a non-belief in a god. Nothing else. Atheism promotes nothing. Your argument is a straw man.
    Unfortunately, I believe a "belief" in Atheism is your misunderstanding. By default, an "Atheist" believes in the guess or "theory" of Evolution, and in the Big Bang guess or "theory" as to how thing came to be, or some similiar guess or theory. Also, an Atheist mentality does promote a desperate mentality because all you have is the here and now soon to be extinguished and never to be again. If you can't see how that "belief" (atheism) is desperate and promotes greediness, then sorry for you. That mentality of what the governments of the world teach, is no different than the mentality that the religions of man teach, both are desperate and full of greed.

    And speaking of strawman arguments, I would suggest you taking a sentence out of the bible, to support the hate and prejudice you have against it, to be a straw man. The bible, like any book, leads you through bad things, mysteries, apparantly impossible situations, then reveals why those bad things happen. That's why there is two parts. One part is man's desperate attempt to become like God, the second part is revealing God's finished work of making us like him.

    You can't just take one sentence out of the bible and say "look, this is what the bible promotes", such as the Lord J does. Plus, where does the bible say to cut off the hands of thieves? Or cut out the tongues of liars? Or stone people for misdemeanors? And where is all the genocide of the innocents? Goes to show your utter lack of understanding, which has already been apparant in your claim that there are two creation stories in the bible, or two flood events in the bible. What I would call that conclusion is a lack of reading comprehension, probably because you have not read it for yourself at all, but have listened to what man-made organizations have said about the bible.

    I guess God should have made it with cartoons, if he wanted people with "child-like" minds to understand it. But...hell is for children. You must grow up to understand the bible, if every sentence that you don't comprehend scares you, then you are not ready for a full understanding. You got to get past the fear bro.

    As far as "battling morons", I think you are wonderful, even if you have that mindset about yourself.
    whack it:judges:

  9. #9
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: "Follow peace with all men"

    Quote Originally Posted by tig View Post
    Unfortunately, I believe a "belief" in Atheism is your misunderstanding. By default, an "Atheist" believes in the guess or "theory" of Evolution, and in the Big Bang guess or "theory" as to how thing came to be, or some similiar guess or theory. Also, an Atheist mentality does promote a desperate mentality because all you have is the here and now soon to be extinguished and never to be again. If you can't see how that "belief" (atheism) is desperate and promotes greediness, then sorry for you. That mentality of what the governments of the world teach, is no different than the mentality that the religions of man teach, both are desperate and full of greed.
    Again, your position is a complete straw man. Atheism has nothing to do with a belief in Evolution, Big Bang or any other scientific theory. Atheism is a non-belief in your god or any god. Just as there are plenty of faithful who acknowledge the scientific fact of evolution...there are Atheist who don't fully agree with the process of Evolution or who don't believe the Big Bang as the best explanation for Origins.

    So, where do Atheist stand on Germ Theory, Nuclear Theory or Gravity? You fail.

    Scientific theories stand on their own without a belief in a god. That's the difference between Science and Religion. Science follows the evidence to where it leads. Religion identifies he destination and then cherry-picks the evidence it needs to be supportive.

    Atheism, in the real world...not your head, in no way perpetuates greed or desperation. Atheist live there lives just like everyone else with the exception of being tethered to a mythical sky-fairy that needs to be honored and adored.

    Atheism, as you frame it, is simply what YOU think Atheists are like and has no footing in reality.

    And speaking of strawman arguments, I would suggest you taking a sentence out of the bible, to support the hate and prejudice you have against it, to be a straw man. The bible, like any book, leads you through bad things, mysteries, apparantly impossible situations, then reveals why those bad things happen. That's why there is two parts. One part is man's desperate attempt to become like God, the second part is revealing God's finished work of making us like him.
    Read it...a few times...not impressed. Mostly because is not accurate. 6000-7000 year old earth, great flood myth.....yeah...nice stories. Nothing more.

    You can't just take one sentence out of the bible and say "look, this is what the bible promotes", such as the Lord J does. Plus, where does the bible say to cut off the hands of thieves? Or cut out the tongues of liars? Or stone people for misdemeanors? And where is all the genocide of the innocents? Goes to show your utter lack of understanding, which has already been apparant in your claim that there are two creation stories in the bible, or two flood events in the bible. What I would call that conclusion is a lack of reading comprehension, probably because you have not read it for yourself at all, but have listened to what man-made organizations have said about the bible.
    Samuel 15:2-3
    Thus saith the LORD of hosts ... go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
    Seems like the "smite" a lot in the bible.

    Creation 1

    •Day 1: heavens, earth, light, day and night.
    •Day 2: the "dome" (sky) that separates the waters below (on earth) from the waters above the sky.
    •Day 3: dry land and vegetation.
    •Day 4: stars, moon, sun.
    •Day 5: water creatures and birds.
    •Day 6: land animals; humankind (both male and female). The number of human beings created is not specified. Also, God here gives to people "every plant yielding seed that is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food" (Gen 1:29) -- no prohibitions.
    •Day 7: God rested, and blessed this day.

    Creation 2

    •earth and heavens; no rain yet but a spring would well up and water the ground
    •from dust, man was created (not woman yet)
    •garden of Eden -- man is put here; garden includes the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil
    •God tells man to till and keep the garden of Eden, but not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil (note that Woman has not entered the scene yet! Man is alone).
    •God notices that Man is alone and wants to find him a helper and partner, so He first creates animals and birds and Man names them. But still there was no helper as partner.
    •God makes Man fall asleep, pulls out a rib, and makes Woman.
    •The story of original sin then ensues.
    Come on!...you would think this being a new universe, world and all...they could get the time-line straight! Jeebus!

    I guess God should have made it with cartoons, if he wanted people with "child-like" minds to understand it. But...hell is for children. You must grow up to understand the bible, if every sentence that you don't comprehend scares you, then you are not ready for a full understanding. You got to get past the fear bro.
    Yeah that's it. You faithful are much smarter than the rest of us! Tell us again how old the earth is...

    As far as "battling morons", I think you are wonderful, even if you have that mindset about yourself.
    I am!....as far as "battling morons" goes, tell us with it the truth is in the bible then why are there so many interpretations of the bible? I mean, after all....it's just so clear.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  10. #10
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: "Follow peace with all men"

    Quote Originally Posted by tig View Post
    Unfortunately, I believe a "belief" in Atheism is your misunderstanding. By default, an "Atheist" believes in the guess or "theory" of Evolution, and in the Big Bang guess or "theory" as to how thing came to be, or some similiar guess or theory. Also, an Atheist mentality does promote a desperate mentality because all you have is the here and now soon to be extinguished and never to be again. If you can't see how that "belief" (atheism) is desperate and promotes greediness, then sorry for you. That mentality of what the governments of the world teach, is no different than the mentality that the religions of man teach, both are desperate and full of greed.
    Why, tig, Do you feel such a need to perpetuate lies? Aren't you supposed to have commandments to follow? Isn't one of them something about telling lies?

    There is no default. There is no default belief. There is no default explanation. There is no default God.

    Where do you get such ridiculous lies from anyway?

    There are tens of thousands of Gods throughout culture and history. You don't believe in any of them except one. Of those tens of thousands, the only difference between you and me is that I believe in one fewer than you do.

    You not believing that lightning is caused by the Greek God Zeus throwing spears does not mean that you believe in Evolution, so why should me not believing in YOUR sky fairy mean that I automatically believe in Evolution?
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  11. #11
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: "Follow peace with all men"

    There are tens of thousands of Gods throughout culture and history. You don't believe in any of them except one. Of those tens of thousands, the only difference between you and me is that I believe in one fewer than you do.
    Ha!...THAT WOULD MAKE TIG AN ATHEIST...JUST LIKE US...EXCEPT WE DON'T BELIEVE IN JUST ONE MORE GOD THAN HE!
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    236

    Re: "Follow peace with all men"

    My response

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Again, your position is a complete straw man. Atheism has nothing to do with a belief in Evolution, Big Bang or any other scientific theory. Atheism is a non-belief in your god or any god. Just as there are plenty of faithful who acknowledge the scientific fact of evolution...there are Atheist who don't fully agree with the process of Evolution or who don't believe the Big Bang as the best explanation for Origins.

    So, where do Atheist stand on Germ Theory, Nuclear Theory or Gravity? You fail.
    You really screwed up LY, there is no "scientific fact" of evolution, as presented in the "science" classes taught by the governments. It is all "theory" and is scientifically labeled so as not to confuse it with fact.

    Plus, Atheist who believe other than the "taught" theories of Evolution and the Big Bang are on the very fringe. And of course they would have issues with the Theory of Evolution or the Big Bang theory, because that is what they are, "theories", so why not explore ever more and more theories?

    Scientific theories stand on their own without a belief in a god. That's the difference between Science and Religion. Science follows the evidence to where it leads. Religion identifies he destination and then cherry-picks the evidence it needs to be supportive.
    Stand on their own? Not likely. They all have preconceived ideas that are in no way proveable. What you and the Lord Jag believe in is based on faith in the men and women who conceive of these ideas. The difference between me and you is that you have faith in men, I in God.


    Atheism, in the real world...not your head, in no way perpetuates greed or desperation. Atheist live there lives just like everyone else with the exception of being tethered to a mythical sky-fairy that needs to be honored and adored.
    No, you are just tethered to the governments teaching. I think the sky fairy is a safer bet.


    Atheism, as you frame it, is simply what YOU think Atheists are like and has no footing in reality.
    You mean that all you have is your miserable, meaningless life if there is no God? Even so, you still abide by the "sky fairy's" rules and logic? Such as, why do you kill and eat some creatures, but think it is wrong to kill and eat creatures that are like you? Or....why do you not suggest to your neighbor that you have your way with his wife? Or, why do you think it is wrong to lie? Or to steal? You claim to be an Atheist, yet you still live by the rules of the God you do not believe in. Funny.


    Read it...a few times...not impressed. Mostly because is not accurate. 6000-7000 year old earth, great flood myth.....yeah...nice stories. Nothing more.
    Eyewitness accounts, nothing more. You believe in theories of men, nothing more.



    Seems like the "smite" a lot in the bible.
    There is alot of "smite" here in modern times too. Maybe even more than in older times. Doesn't make anything true or false. The way things are.

    Come on!...you would think this being a new universe, world and all...they could get the time-line straight! Jeebus!
    Come on!...you would think this being modern time, and all, you would have better reading comprehension than you do. The time line is perfectly precise, you are reading things into the text that are not there. Why would the writer completely repeat chapter one in chapter two when the writer in now focusing on a different aspect of creation. You must not read many books to be this bad at understanding.

    Yeah that's it. You faithful are much smarter than the rest of us! Tell us again how old the earth is...

    According to eyewitness account, round about 6000 yrs. Of course, Evolutionist would have you believe it is billions of years old to support their theory of evolution as pertaining to origins. A 6000 yr old earth would completely crush the theory of Evolution as there is no time for *****ing as the classrooms teach it. But truthfully, 15 billion years is not enough time either, an earth worm would be the absolute best scenario if origins by Evolution were true, and that is after the jump from inanimate to animation.

    I am!....as far as "battling morons" goes, tell us with it the truth is in the bible then why are there so many interpretations of the bible? I mean, after all....it's just so clear.
    Yes, it is so clear. The bible itself tells you why there is so many interpretations of itself. It is called the love of money, power, and adoration. All organizations (refered to in the bible as "beasts" have corrupted it's message for their own gain. That is why we have the written word, you can take the beast's (organizations) word for what it is saying, which always enslaves, or you can go straight to the book itself to find out what it is saying, and it always sets free.

    It's the difference in having faith in man, and in having faith in God. Man always enslaves, God always frees.
    whack it:judges:

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    236

    Re: "Follow peace with all men"

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Ha!...THAT WOULD MAKE TIG AN ATHEIST...JUST LIKE US...EXCEPT WE DON'T BELIEVE IN JUST ONE MORE GOD THAN HE!
    You and the Lord Jag crack me up (really, you two make my day so many times).

    Who said that I believe in only one God?

    Really....how many times have you guys read the bible? You know, the guy named JC, that the bible centers around, asked, have you not read the scriptures, that say...we are all gods? (Ps 82). If God is our Father, doesn't that put us in the family of God himself? And wouldn't that make us all God too? God is a spirit, just like we, only now, us on earth, wear a body of flesh and blood, soon to be shed.

    It is why we are here, to experience death as men and women. It is an exciting experience for all of us, the family of God.
    whack it:judges:

  14. #14
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: "Follow peace with all men"

    Quote Originally Posted by tig View Post
    You and the Lord Jag crack me up (really, you two make my day so many times).

    Who said that I believe in only one God?

    Really....how many times have you guys read the bible? You know, the guy named JC, that the bible centers around, asked, have you not read the scriptures, that say...we are all gods? (Ps 82). If God is our Father, doesn't that put us in the family of God himself? And wouldn't that make us all God too?
    Uh no... no it doesn't. Not anymore than a car can claim it's a human.
    Quote Originally Posted by tig View Post
    God is a spirit, just like we, only now, us on earth, wear a body of flesh and blood, soon to be shed.

    It is why we are here, to experience death as men and women. It is an exciting experience for all of us, the family of God.
    And... if God were a jug of milk (the milk answers prayers in exactly the same way BTW) Is it an exciting experience for all of us in the family of milk?

    Because you know there is every bit as much evidence that my jug of milk answers my prayers as your God does yours.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 10:43 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 03:59 AM
  3. "Peace-loving" protesters: Kent State revisited
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-05-2011, 05:53 AM
  4. Mr. Nobel Peace Prize's Record "Defense" Budget
    By rogerbovee in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 08:00 PM
  5. Religion of "peace" strikes again killing 18 children
    By Grim17 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 06:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •