+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Island Oasis/4islandoasis.com BEWARE!!!

These dirty scammers will tell you that you won a FREE Vacation and then charge $1500 on your credit card!!

It all started when we went to a local Oktoberfest festival. There was a booth with two young females (skanks were probably in on it) working there that was offering a door prize. All you had to do was sign up to be entered. People were flocking and signing up so we thought...why not?

Next we get a phone call stating we won a vacation to the Bahammas. But the catch is you have to pay $200 each in order to 'reserve' the trip which was good for 18 months. Then theres an extra $400 for the 'Free' cruise and all sorts of hotel fees, not to mention black out dates for when you can book the hotels! These bastards take advantage of trusting people. I called them to tell them to shove their vacation you know where and they had the audacity to play a recording of the call! Thats when I gave these low lifes a piece of my mind.

Bottom line: BEWARE of these scammers!

Company name used:

Island Oasis Travel (probably a fake)

4islandoasis.com (after a whois, this site was just created on the 1st of September OBVIOUS red flag!)

And these slimy bastards:

Anthony Landi
    Helena

Also their address is:
    533 Beville Road
    Daytona Beach, Florida, 32119

Probably also a fake!

EDIT: If anyone else has come across other 'companies/travel agencies' doing this please post the name they are using and information on this thread. I want to increase awareness of this scam and keep pressure on these people.
    Last edited by ihatescamrs; 10-07-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Re: Island Oasis/4islandoasis.com BEWARE!!!

Hi I've a quick question. They just called me today and convinced me of their stuff. I immediately regretted my decision to go through with it and then saw your post. I called my credit card company already and am working on getting shit canceled. What actions are you taking?

Hi,

Im sorry that they conned you too. First of all just make sure the transaction gets canceled. Because you didn't accept any services for them to take your money. That is your right to cancel. Also, they are taking people's money under the false pretense of a 'Free Vacation'. Once you read the fine print, you are receiving NOTHING for free. There are Hotel fees, taxes and about 6 months worth of black-out dates for these trips! Not to mention the 'Bonus' cruise is an additional $200 per person.

So just make sure the transaction gets canceled. Tell your bank it was an unauthorized purchase. They shouldn't have any problem canceling the transaction; again, you didn't receive ANY services for them to take your money!

These people are professional scammers and I just want to make everyone aware of what they are doing.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes.

I will certainly be trying to cancel the fees. They also had the balls to play back the message like they did for you. I hope I'm as fortunate as you with getting my money back. I will update as soon as the charge goes through since I can't dispute a charge until it clears.
    Thanks for the reply!

I was scammed by the same exact people. I was at a fair and like you said there was two skanks who kept bugging everyone "come fill this out for a free vacation"..I remember the one she had like tiger tattoos. But anyways, my boyfriend and I filled them out cause we were like what's it gunna hurt..I never win anything. A week later this guy calls me at 9pm and says you have won blabla. So at first I was a little excited then I'm like this is too good to be true. And I was waiting for my boyfriend to say no dont do it but he wasnt helping. So after the guy said all we had to pay for was transportation and X rated movies in the hotel (? no idea why he said that) I ended up paying a $498 fee on my credit card. I am such an idiot.Before they got my credit card information I kept telling the guy I want to see if I have th emoney in my account and he kept saying "well we can give this package to someone else" I felt I was rushed. So I called and tried to cancel it the next day but they already processed my credit card so I cancelled my credit card and now I had to wait for documents to be sent to my house and then I gotta send them back to say I want to cancel then they charge you $49 for an administration fee to cancel. The girls were so rude and I will never ever do anything like this again. Now they have $500 of my money until I get these documents back and they said that will take 7-14 days to refund me and they got $50 bucks for me cancelling when I didnt even make reservations. I'm on the phone with them right now trying to cancel everything and I told them this was a scam and they said "If this was a scam, why would we answer the phone"..I also can tell I am on speaker phone. I spoke with some girl named Corey and asked what I need to do and she said read page three and hung up on me. What a joke. I will never do this again.
    Last edited by amber21287; 10-11-2010 at 05:14 AM.

Hey Amber21287,

That's pretty much exactly what happened to me as I posted earlier. I just got off the phone with my credit card company (VISA based) and got them to cancel that transaction.

I ended up having to change my account number in the end, but no extra charge to me. I feel just as ridiculous as you. But talk with your credit card company and see if you can get them to cancel it for you.

The people who scammed me wouldn't let me cancel. I said screw them.. there's too much info on this scam out there for them to get away with this!

F- those people.
    Good luck

Good thing I read this post while I was on the phone with the guy. This board saved me a bunch of money and a lot of headaches! Sorry to all the folks that got duped.

They almost got me too. i went to NY comic con and they asked me to sign up. i got a call today telling me i won and that i had to put $498 down payment. i knew i didn't have enough and he said i could put $249 down now to hold the vacation. he even said that comment about x rated movies in the hotel room. i gave him my credit card info like an idiot but since it was a debit account and i only had 100 in it, they said i could pay later and they would hold it for me. i didn't trust it so as soon as i was of the phone, i ran out and went to the bank and said i lost my card so they gave me a new # and they cant charge my account. Beware of these a**holes. they are smart and know how to really con people. lesson is never give out credit card info over phone for any reason .

Same thing nearly happened to me. I entered the contest in NY less than 2 days ago. It sounded a bit too fishy to me so I googled "island oasis scam"; this came up and I declined the trip immediately. Thanks guys. Sorry you got tricked but my appreciation for throwing the warning out there.

I just the call from these guys that I won a vacation for registering at the NYC ComicCon this past weekend.

Luckily as the salesman was going thru the pitch, I googled the company name and came across this thread. When he got to the cc info, I told him I didn't have any cc on me and that I would call back.

Anyone have anymore info on these guys?

I got a call from a Justin at the number 386-310-4970 and said I was picked as a winner from the Universal Studios Orlando raffle that was held at the New York Comic Con. He had called last night but I was busy having dinner so he said he'll call again tomorrow night. So I called him at that number and he was bit shocked I had called. He had me on hold and said he had to transfer to another phone.

He asked the typical questions like am I employed? Am I a student? Also asked whom I will be going with so I said my wife. he wanted us both on the phone to discuss but my wife's at work. He said he will call again tonight.

Should I be worried? He didn't mention what company he was from plus I didn't ask either. it was just fishy that he wanted to discuss the details of my package tonight together with my wife.

I too entered the contest at Comic Con and just got the call. I got confused when the guy on the phone said "You won!" and then when they transferred me over they said "Please note that this is not a contest, raffle, etc." They did pull the x-rated movies line on me, they did get my card number even though I thought it sounded fishy. As soon as I hung up, I regretted giving them my number. I called my company and not 5 minutes later had they charged my card. $498 for 2 people. I'm now working on reversing the charges. from the address I was given was 533 beville road south daytona, florida 32119 the person who called was named Joshua Maynard and the company is Island Oasis, the charge was from Oasis travel or Oasis something :( Hopefully it will be found as fraud. Also, how the heck do they get away with doing this sort of thing at cons? isn't this illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by reinah View Post
    I too entered the contest at Comic Con and just got the call. I got confused when the guy on the phone said "You won!" and then when they transferred me over they said "Please note that this is not a contest, raffle, etc." They did pull the x-rated movies line on me, they did get my card number even though I thought it sounded fishy. As soon as I hung up, I regretted giving them my number. I called my company and not 5 minutes later had they charged my card. $498 for 2 people. I'm now working on reversing the charges. from the address I was given was 533 beville road south daytona, florida 32119 the person who called was named Joshua Maynard and the company is Island Oasis, the charge was from Oasis travel or Oasis something :( Hopefully it will be found as fraud. Also, how the heck do they get away with doing this sort of thing at cons? isn't this illegal?
    Oh, it's Josh! That's the name! It sounded like Justin at first because of the way he said it..."Hey buddy, you've won! This is Josh. Remember the raffle you've entered at the comic con? Your name was picked as the winner for the trip for two to Universal Studios Orlando!"

I guess $498 isn't too bad for a trip for two to Universal Studios if airfare & hotel are included. But if the trip I won is free, then shouldn't it be FREE??

I can't wait to ask him these questions tonight as he said he'll call me back. I caught him off guard by calling him directly asking about the free trip.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBuff View Post
    Oh, it's Josh! That's the name! It sounded like Justin at first because of the way he said it..."Hey buddy, you've won! This is Josh. Remember the raffle you've entered at the comic con? Your name was picked as the winner for the trip for two to Universal Studios Orlando!"

I guess $498 isn't too bad for a trip for two to Universal Studios if airfare & hotel are included. But if the trip I won is free, then shouldn't it be FREE??

I can't wait to ask him these questions tonight as he said he'll call me back. I caught him off guard by calling him directly asking about the free trip.
    Airfare isn't included, you have to pay for travel, you're constantly moving places. (They have you going 3 or 4 places on a 1 week trip.)

i knew i shouldve googled this stupid piece of ish company...now im down 500 and trying to chase my money back from them...my bank says they cant do nothing until funds are xfered and then open a dispute...how do they allow that ish to happen at comic con

Quote Originally Posted by fmloasis View Post
    i knew i shouldve googled this stupid piece of ish company...now im down 500 and trying to chase my money back from them...my bank says they cant do nothing until funds are xfered and then open a dispute...how do they allow that ish to happen at comic con
    Oh man. Sorry it happened to you. I haven't received a call back from them yet. Seems a bit fishy when they only wanted to talk during evening hours. I wanted to discuss about it this morning but he said it's recommended we discuss it tonight as he does not have my "files" in front of him. Plus he also wanted to speak to my wife.

I think we should file a complaint with the organizers of the New York Comic Con to notify them of this.