+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Island Oasis/4islandoasis.com BEWARE!!!

http://www.4amazonetravel.com/ and http://www.amazontravelclub.com/ are two more of their websites, apparently. It was created the first of the year.
    Plutot mourir que faillir

I just fell for this too. Unfortunatley I did not do my due diligance on this and I got suckered into paying the $498 for the useless travel package.

I got contacted by Anthony Landi from Oasis Vacations 386-310-4971.
    flaoasis.com

I quickly called back to cancel after finding this site and reading up on them online but they refused my refund stating that I agreed to wave the right to a refund in the recording.

I filed a claim with the Florida BBB and called my credit card company. The credit card customer service stated that I had to wait 8-10 days for it to post before they could dispute it, then who knows if I could get a refund.

Anyone know what else I should do?

Personally, I would not take any chances and would try to cancel the credit card before the charge goes through.

Be sure to include in you post the name and location of the venue/event that was hosting this fraudulent "raffle" booth. That will ensure more search engine hits on your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepgyrl View Post
    I just received a call from a Duane Andrews who also said he was calling from Island Oasis customer service # 877.774.0590 and address: 533 Beville Road S. Daytona Beach, FL.

He also started off by mentioning that I had won a prize and that he received my information from NY Comic Con (which is BS bc I didnt enter anything). I will need to contact NY Comic Con people to make them aware of this scam.

Here's what they tell you you've won:
    1. (you are responsible for plane fare)4 days 3 night Orlando in 5 star hotel (responsible for hotel service fees) and taxes including 2 free passes to Arabian Nights (includes meal and beverages)
    2. Daytona Beach 3 days 2 nights
    3. Bahama Cruise 3 days and 2 nights (you are responsible for port fees and taxes)
    AND you have to watch a 90 minute presentation on the resorts you will be visiting. RED ALERT RED ALERT--Timeshare Timeshare or they are trying to sell you a product. :zx11pissed:

Asking for $249 per guest (first 2) then additional guests are free. They ask for your Credit Card information up front. Red flag. :judges:

When you receive a call and the first thing out of their mouth is "You've just won a trip to...and we got your name at the WHATEVER EXPO, CONVENTION, SHOW".

These people, Island Oasis, are scammers.

:
    They conned me and got me!:zx11pissed: I did however call back to the "customer service number" that they gave me and they "said" it would be refunded... I;ll check back to make sure it does

Island Oasis/4islandoasis SCAM

They've come to Canada. Went to a bridal show on the weekend and got a call today from them, saying I had won a free trip. He went through the list of items: Orlando, Daytona and the Cruise, asked the same questions how old, if I'm a student. Then he registered me and said I would need to pay $498 for myself and husband, told him I didn't have a credit card and would have to discuss with my husband, cause the money was considerable. Asked him if I could call back and he said he was only there till 4. I told him my husband would be home after 7, so we shall see if he calls back. Good luck to all that are trying to get their money back. It's timeshare at it's finest.:errr:

Yeah, I was at the same bridal show. I let them go through their schpiel about the destinations and such and then told them that I'd have to check with my fiance because he doesn't take surprises well.

My gut feeling told me not to do it and after reading this, I won't be.

Update-

Great news, after I found out we had been conned by these people I immediately cancelled the credit card and reported the transaction as fraudulent. I never received a service for the money they took and also was mislead into handing over the card information. So we got a letter from our bank stating that they investigated the matter and found that it was indeed fraudulent!

Just goes to show you that these low-lives are probably getting all sorts of complaints against their bank accounts and are more than likely changing up bank's all the time.

Lets keep this post alive and stick it to their bottom line!

These free vacation thingis are always a fraud. I am not too surprised. In fact, whenever I get such an email or a mailer, I simply delete it. Saves me from a lot of stress
    See ya!

I got a call from them tonight. Phone number 386-310-4968. Same thing, pay the $400 processing fee...they'll mail me everything in writing after that... yadda yadda. I told them I couldn't talk, I was cooking dinner which was true, but I was more than a little suspicious. I googled the phone number and found this thread. They contacted me from a slip I filled out at a booth at EAA Airventure. We are letting EAA know about this so that they (hopefully) do not rent them a booth next time. I hope those who were scammed at ComicCon let the organizers know about this so it doesn't happen next year.

So I also was contacted by them...thankfully there is this message board that appears upon google-ing the phone number--386 610 4968--and was able to call this guy out.

The guy, Joe Ucella, sounded so excited and confident until I revealed that while I registered for a "free vacation, valued at up to 3,000 dollars" in Monroeville, PA; I frequent Daytona Beach--specifically the Beville Road area due to frequent rounds of golf at the Daytona Beach CC located across the street from their listed address of 533 Beville Road--this is the Garden's Plaza.

I then asked the name of his business and what store was next to it in the plaza. He then became very defensive and began to stutter as he knew he was full of...

I then explained to him that I was hesitant of the offer and that unless I'm ordering Domino's (being smart) I wouldn't give my cc information on the phone to anyone.

Without hesitation, he states "this isn't a scam, or I would be committing cc fraud and would be thrown in jail."

Clearly this guy has been called out before, and doesn't know how to handle this. I told him I never mentioned a scam or fraud (though I knew it was) and he began to explain the processing fee is to avoid taxation on a gift.

I then explained that a gift tax does not apply on something valued at 3000 as that would not exceed the annual exclusion amount (typically 13,000).

He got really flustered and defensive and still wasn't able to tell me exactly what store was next to their building or why I would need to pay a 199 processing fee for me and my wife.

Scam?? ABSOLUTELY A SCAM!!

Oh, and I also did not give him any information and wasn't charged a cent.

Also, I called him out on his statement about committing fraud and getting thrown in jail.

I gave him a case of foot in mouth disorder. He made that comment and I replied "You stated in the beginning of this conversation that we were being recorded." He replied "yes, for quality control purposes." I replied "well your recording of you make persuasive attempts to get my credit card information protects you from said fraud charge if you have my verbal authorization on record."

This was the end of the conversation as he did not reply for approximately 10 seconds and was what I would assume--stunned. I had to re-initiate the conversation, remaining cordial and stating "I thank you for your time, but respectfully decline your offer." He then just hung up the phone with no response.

BAM! hahaha...what a joke, hopefully no one else gets caught up in this scam and loses money.

Thank you to those of you who provided me with the information prior to my getting involved financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Green monster View Post
    Wow you guys are paranoid.You paid 498 for a promotional travel package offer that you signed up for.all that happened is you paid 498 for 4/3 in orlando,3/2 in daytona at a resort,3/2 in fort lauderdale, 3/2 in a location of your choice and a bahamas cruise OPTION for 4 people.Where can you find a deal like that someone please tell me.No one scamed you they sold you a vacation package.Thats why there is a verification process to ensure you receive the entire package.If you read the back of the entry form it was exactly what you signed up for.you guys are getting every thing you paid for.I mean you have a private balcony in daytona overlooking the ocean.Do you know how much that is for one night?its not cheap.Be rational no ones stealing your money you just got about 3,500 is hotel stays for 498 that you can make 5 vacations out of stop freaking out and go take a vacation and dont order any x rated movies:
    Actually, Daytona and Veluscia County in general are dying areas. A hotel with a private balcony overlooking the ocean in Daytona is cheap. Really cheap.

Most timeshare companies are taking advantage of people, often those who are more vulnerable and less able to resist hard sales tactics. I have heard of many cases where maintenance costs rise well above inflation. It would appear the timeshare companies lock people into contracts and then drive up their profits though increased maintenance charges. It would be good to see legislation whereby timeshare companies can only charge "reasonable" maintenance costs and not use this annual fee to fleece people's bank accounts. I do not own a timeshare, never have and never will unless legislation is introduced to protect buyers. There is good information about timeshares: http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/12...f-a-timeshare/