+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How To Get To Heaven

First buy a King James Version Bible if you don't already have one at Dollar General or somewhere like that. www.squidoo.com/tithes-and-offerings tells you where you can read a free King James Bible online. Start to read and meditate on some of it every day. Start memorizing some verses. Continue to meditate on these verses throughout the day. Do this day and night. If you now have no faith you will soon start having some faith. You will soon become a believer - a Christian. Then you will grow as a Christian. Before long you will yield fruit and be ready to go to heaven. BUT you need to be sure to DO what it says and not just read it. Just reading it alone will do you no good. Keep this up every day for the rest of your life and I'll meet you some day in heaven.

Re: How To Get To Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    I'm headed right out to stone adulterers and the infidel non believers.
    Yes, under the law agreed to by both God and Israel, such could be stoned, but, as you know, there were certain procedures that had to be followed in order to do such. If you headed out to stone people on your own, you yourself would be subject to the same treatment.

And, btw, the laws we have in all the countries of the world today, are no more merciful than Israel's laws. We put people in little tiny cages with ass rapers for petty little crimes, we also kill people for certain behaviors. Tis the way of things in this world my boy.

How to get to heaven? It is really clear if you read the KJV (or any other version for that matter, though I do enjoy the king's english, it is so poetical), all one must do, is leave his or her body. As the Apostle Paul (yes, the one JC himself appeared to and confirmed the good news to) has been so abundantly clear about.

As so says this passage:

2 Corinthians 5:6-8 (King James Version)
    6Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
    7(For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

As is evident in nearly every letter in the new testament, that flesh and blood cannot inhert the kingdom of God. The way to get to heaven is to suffer the tribulation of living in this world of sin and death in a body of flesh and blood. Once you've graduated that test that the great teacher is teaching us, of which all pass (the teacher does not fail in his job to teach), then we all enter heaven, where there is no more death, for that enemy will have been conquered when the flesh dies.

Like ole Doojie says, "there is no decision procedure to get from here to there", our Dad has already decided that all his children will get from here to there, as, naturally, any Father would do. And since mankind is the offspring of God himself, not one of us fail.
    Last edited by tig; 10-08-2010 at 08:09 AM.
    whack it:judges:

Where is heaven?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Rimmer View Post
    Where is heaven?
    Maybe all this heaven and hell stuff is just a fantasy or myth -- I don't know, but the idea that a loved one has perhaps passed into heaven seems to comfort the grieving survivors. The process of Grief is very difficult sometimes and there may be much healing in the belief that the beloved will be found again someday in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by carlson222 View Post
    Maybe all this heaven and hell stuff is just a fantasy or myth -- I don't know, but the idea that a loved one has perhaps passed into heaven seems to comfort the grieving survivors. The process of Grief is very difficult sometimes and there may be much healing in the belief that the beloved will be found again someday in heaven.
    So you would rather lie to yourself and others than face reality? How does this help anyone? Fact is when someone is dead, they are dead. There is nothing in nature to suggest an afterlife or anything beyond death.

So I ask my question again. Where is heaven?

[quote=rogerbovee;973970]First buy a King James Version Bible /quote]

Roger--a quick question--what is a non-English speaker (or even someone not fluent in the English of the early 1600's--which is quite different than modern English) supposed to do for edification? There is nothing really special about the KJV--in fact there are many more understandable (and closer to the "source") versions out there. It's a very impressive piece of work for something done that long ago--but it is not what I'd recommend someone use for a study Bible. (By all means--reading the Bible is a good thing--and most "approved" versions are pretty good--but insisting that the KJV is the "only" one is pretty ludicrous.)
    Last edited by jwhclone; 10-08-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Misspelled word correction

So you would rather lie to yourself and others than face reality? How does this help anyone? Fact is when someone is dead, they are dead. There is nothing in nature to suggest an afterlife or anything beyond death.

So I ask my question again. Where is heaven
    ?
    It is in the believer's mind..that is the only place that we have the proof for it's existence.....
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quite the contrary Watson. The one who created nature sent one to give us the assurance of eternal life. Because of this message of eternal life man sought to kill him, whereby he gave into their desire, but it pleased God to raise him from the dead, thereby proving JC's message of eternal life is true. Whereby the civilized world keeps track of history and time by his birth and death. If there was a more sure word of truth, such as evolution, we would be keeping time by the supposed big bang.

That's not a hard question. The kingdom of heaven is within us, that is, spiritual, therefore, it is also logical that heaven is a spiritual place where God (our Father) dwells. Not of this dimension, iow, or, where flesh and blood cannot enter.
    whack it:judges:

I am not lying to myself, but I would not hesitate to lie to somebody else if the lie was essentially harmless and would lessen the suffering of the other person. Why should you care if I lie under such conditions anyway? Regarding the whereabouts of heaven, I think there is a high probability there is no such place, but why should I take hope away from believers? Do you believe that your atheist arguments will eventually help win a broad sweeping victory for the atheist position? I think you are up against a very broad low-level general psychosis and a much more severe storm of fanaticism. You are just poking a sharp stick at a tiger. You may win over a few converts and perhaps that is better than nothing.

Where is heaven?
    I'm pretty sure Kryten knows.

Smeg head!
    Last edited by nomaxim; 10-08-2010 at 02:46 PM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

So you think that there is nothing in nature to suggest an afterlife or anything beyond death. That's not entirely true. There is proof out there and it's delving into a whole other area.
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

tig said: Because of this message of eternal life man sought to kill him, whereby he gave into their desire, but it pleased God to raise him from the dead, thereby proving JC's message of eternal life is true
    Question: Why would a supposed "God" choose to break His own verifiable, rigid laws of life and death in raising Christ back to life, then assume him into heaven, body and soul? Logic and reason were also supposedly created by this Personal God you speak of, and now I ask you to explain, with logic and reason, Gods breaking of His own laws of logic, by raising the dead and assuming a body and soul into heaven which is impossible by all we know of in Nature.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    Question: Why would a supposed "God" choose to break His own verifiable, rigid laws of life and death in raising Christ back to life, then assume him into heaven, body and soul? Logic and reason were also supposedly created by this Personal God you speak of, and now I ask you to explain, with logic and reason, Gods breaking of His own laws of logic, by raising the dead and assuming a body and soul into heaven which is impossible by all we know of in Nature.
    God could do it because Jesus was God. God therefore did it to Himself.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    It is in the believer's mind..that is the only place that we have the proof for it's existence.....

How is that proof? That is not proof. I believe in pink invisible unicorns. It maybe in my head, but that is hardly any proof and does not make it real.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

mmmmm...How can you get to...what doesn't exist?

...and, do you need a carrot dangled before you in order to live your life morally?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

How is that proof? That is not proof. I believe in pink invisible unicorns. It maybe in my head, but that is hardly any proof and does not make it real.
    as I said...it is proof to the believer...no one else....as the pink invisible unicorns are to you.