+ Reply to Thread

City Skin and Laser Clinic scam

Laser hair removal salon charged me thousands of $$$ over three years and hair not only grew back but sprouted in new places too...
    Doesnít it just sound amazing, a few dollars, a few appointments, a touch of pain and you are hair free forever. Well if you are dark haired and ethnic like myself then youíve probably spent your youth suffering through creams, waxes, shaving, tweezing and despair.

And now science has brought you a miracle. Well, you know the saying, if it sounds too good to be true, then it is too good to be true. This laser Ďtechnologyí is exploiting the desperation of thousands of women. As if it weren't painful enough going through life hairier than most of the men we date, now we get the added bonus of being robbed.

Hereís my experience with one laser clinic in San Francisco, named City Skin and Laser Clinic (111 Maiden Lane, San Francisco, CA 94108): Full legs costs $420 per visit, full arms costs $225 per visit, lip and chin costs $85 per visit. According to the clinic, no more than six to eight appointments are required and then you are released from your hairy prison for life.

So, from August 2007 until August 2010, I went every six weeks. It was sheer agony (even with the topical lidocaine that they use to numb the area), but it was going to eliminate embarrassment and self hatred from my lifeÖ right?

Three years and SIXTEEN appointments later the results are as follows: The leg hair seems to have weakened somewhat. However the arm and facial hair has not only thickened, but hair has begun to sprout in areas that were previously hair free! The upper arm, which previously had barely a wisp of fine hairs is now a carpet of think black pubes, my knuckles are hairier than some of the dates Iíve rejected because of their hairy knuckles, and I have started to grow hair on my neck !!!

So, what does my sweet therapist at City Skin and Laser clinic have to say? ďHoney, itís all in your head.Ē

No, itís on my arms, hands and face, and the only thing that is in my head is how I have spent a ton of money, endured unbelievable pain and wasted hours of time for something that has not only failed but has made matters worse.

Girls (and guys), donít waste your time or money on laser hair removal. If you are descended from a rug, thenÖ actually I donít know how to finish that sentence. How do we live with our aesthetic disadvantage? Anyone who is successfully living a hairy life, please feel free to contact me and let me know how it is you get through life without sinking into a deep, suicidal depression?

All suggestions, words of encouragement or just effective techniques for killing oneself welcome.

Maxine

Re: City Skin and Laser Clinic scam

I was browsing through the posts and couldnít help myself to not reply when I saw your post about the City Skin Laser clinic in San Francisco. Iím myself, been their client for a year or so, and unlike you I had a very positive experience with them. Iíve purchased the Full Legs & Underarms package of 6 (btw they gave me the best pricing I could find in the area, which was around $400-$450 per/session and plus 15% off of the grand total) and last month Iíve just completed my 5th treatment. The results are amazing! The hair on my legs is almost gone, I couldnít be happier with the results thus far. The progress with my armpits on the other hand is a bit slower than the legs, since the procedure on underarms is little more painful than the legs, therefore Iím not letting them to increase the frequency or whatever it calls that can help me to achieve a better result. I found the personnel very sweet, honest and straight forward. As a matter of fact this was one of the few places that I went for a consultation that didnít try to push for the sale... I also asked them if itís in fact a permanent hair REMOVAL to which they replied NO!!! and said that itís a permanent hair REDUCTION, which was followed by the explanation that procedure can only remove and destroy the existing hair follicles and wonít be able to stop a new hair from growing. Anyways, thanks for the post, itís always interesting to find out that the same procedure could work differently for different people...

TMI!!!!

Yuck!

Thanks for this great post.....

nice post friend.

I looked through the posts and could not help but answer me when I saw your message about the city clinic laser skin in San Francisco. I myself have been their customer for a year or two, and unlike you I had a very positive experience with them. Full Leg & I bought a 6 pack armpits (btw, they gave me the best price I could find in the region, which was about $ 400 - $ 450 per / session, plus 15% of the total) and last month, I just finished my fifth treatment. The results are amazing! The hair on my legs is almost gone, I could not be happier with the results so far. The progress of my armpits and on the other side is a little slower than the legs, since the procedure on the arms are a little more painful than the legs, so I'm not allowed to increase the frequency or what ' He calls that can help me achieve a better result. I found the staff very nice, honest and frank.

In fact, it was one of the few places I went to an audience that does not try to push the sale ... I have also asked whether it is actually a permanent hair removal, who answered NO! and said that it is a permanent reduction of hair, which was followed by the explanation that the procedure can not remove and destroy the existing hair follicles and will not be able to stop a new hair to develop. Anyway, thank you for the position, it is always interesting to know that the same procedure would work differently for different people ...

Thanks MaxindeRYder to get share most important information....yb:
    Many patients find the treatmentís lasting effects and reduced growth than the cost. Laser hair removal costs varies depending on the area being treated, the clinic or physician performing the treatment, the number of treatments in a package, and other considerations. Based on these factors prices for a single treatment, can range from less than $100 up to several hundreds. Since all individuals their own unique pattern of their of hair growth, it is difficult to give a precise estimate of the other number of treatments needed to completely eliminate your problem hair, or exact costs of doing so. The safest approach is to set up a consultation with a physician in order to better understand prices for your particular case. Many offices will offer a package of treat sessions at a discount.
    Fees with in various cities may vary depending on whether the doctorís practice is in an urban, surban or a rural area. These fees only cover the doctorís costs, and not include other miscellaneous costs.
    Pros & Cons: Laser Hair Removal

Thanks for share a good contentÖ.
    I use laser hair removal it is so much expensiveÖ.
    Underarm laser hair removal is a common procedure for patients seeking to remove unwanted under arm hair. Each pulse of laser light removes the unwanted hair in the underarm region. The laser targets those hairs which are in their growth phase, and as hairs go through cycles, multiple sessions may be needed to remove all hair permanently.
    A Quick Procedure
    Since this is usually a small area to treat (armpits), removal of underarm hair is one of the fastest procedures in laser therapy, requiring only several minutes of treatment time. The procedure is generally without much pain.
    Great Suggestion For Armpits.....

r4 3ds

Thanks for share a good contentÖ.
    I use laser hair removal it is so much expensiveÖ.
    Underarm laser hair removal is a common procedure for patients seeking to remove unwanted under arm hair. Each pulse of laser light removes the unwanted hair in the underarm region. The laser targets those hairs which are in their growth phase, and as hairs go through cycles, multiple sessions may be needed to remove all hair permanently.

Re: r4 3ds

I thinks your selection is not correct because many good and reliable cosmetics company provide you treatment in only 3 numbers digit.