+ Reply to Thread

Ebay splitwin corvette scam

:zx11pissed: I was recently scammed on a used car My friends say they thought I was smarter & so did I but I was not $9873.50 dollars later I do not trust anyone anymore.I went to what I thought was my EBAY it,s not the first listing when you google ebay is a fraud sight looks and acts real but is notorious for scammers (did not know) Ebay knows but does nothing I thought I was using a ebay financial motors escrow account (NOT) I even paid $73.50 for this purpose (BOGUS) all was a well played out scam Email of scammer listed as splinwin888@rocketmail.com used name :Brian Johnson seller Ebay agent name:Robert Greene -Ebay financial motors agent(bogus) I feel like such a Putz even called a friend of mine in the state police went as far as to ask him when I recieve the car are their any things to look for to see if car legit he said I think you did all the right things escrow account and all should be ok well !!! paid 7/28/2010 clld bank 7/30/2010 funds were withdrawn today 8/7/2010 no car ..The only good thing if any is the fact the scammer is in my state and the police have actual pictures of him I also have the FBI looking at the case I know when he withdrew funds he actually went into a bank with ID and filled out a withdrawel slip 2 different banks also went to a Walmart spent 200.00 their by the time I am done I will know everything and post all ...If any one out their has any legit resourse web sight to help I would appreciate the help ,,I have called local newspaper ,working on radio did I mention my wife works with law enforcement I am a tripple A personalityand will not let this BAD GUY get away to hurt another so if you ever heard of the EMAIL,either person Robert Greene,Brian thompson oh for got to mention I also thought I was on live help w/Ebay rep (BOGUS) names used were NIKKI P,Victor KA,Morian....ALL Bogus do not trust any person or persons this name by the way car I thought I was buying A 1963 split window red corvette I was hooked and reeled in like a big fish my wife says do not beat mysef up over it but hard to do when you loose $9873.50 The police are hot on his trail he may think he got away but I am going to use the thing that stole from me to catch him **INTERNET**
    Last edited by jbm313; 08-09-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Re: splitwin corvette

If any one out their has any legit resourse web sight to help I would appreciate the help
    You could try this site:
    http://legal.419eater.com

and also google the words 'scambaiting' or 'scam warning site' or 'fraud watching sites' and ask at the sites you find.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Posted by bi4rachrth - corvette partsnow you're speaking my language
    anyone know about zo6's, a local guy has one for sale?

corvette scammer at it again

:cwm2: I just logged onto to ebay for what ever reason my feedback page came up with another car sold by splitwin888@rocketmail.com whomever was scammed just paid $8800.00 for their bogus car deal i know it is new because their is a new vin attached to the new sale I was unable to bring up any pictures just to let you know ebay does not have a EBAY financial Department the : BAD GUY is on the east coast between virginia and new york he was working a pa listing do not send any moneyIt is a shame ebay is no help he uses a fake yahoo account and name they are no help either all his cars and vins are bogus .The one thing I know is he is not long for the free life my friend works at the bank he set up the bogus escrow the FBI,CID and State police are all looking for him went as name Robert Greene & brian thompson he is a mid 30,s black male with a heavy set black girlfriend I hope he reads this posting so he can practice on bending over and kissing his ass :2gunsfiring_v1:
    Last edited by jbm313; 09-28-2010 at 02:59 PM.

corvette parts

Posted by loggerwatch - corvette parts

I'm out of town next weekend, but we'll have to figure something out
    How about the C4's, tons of guys seem to have them?

How about the C4's, tons of guys seem to have them?
    Two easy ways to tell if you are dealing with a fake scamming seller:

You must use this ebay/yahoo/escrow buyer/seller protection program "for your protection" which uses a free email address and says you must send the MTCN# and question/answer immediately as this 'huge well known' company couldn't possibly accept a check, credit card, debit card, bank transfer or anything except cash sent via Western Union/moneygram while both the seller and escrow agent use incorrect grammar, misspell common easy words and basically write like a poor primary grade school student.
    Or
    Insist they be paid via Western Union, moneygram, paypal or green dot money card as it is "quick and easy" or "that is the way it is done here".

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-fraud-watching site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

Re: corvette scammer at it again

Thanks for posting up that information on a "fake vehicle seller". Making a scammer's information googlable is a great way to slow the scammers down.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-fraud-watching site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

BrianThomson= fake corvette

:nervouss:Just got off the phone with Detective with cid crime unit BAD GUY ***Brian Thompson strikes again we have a guy out their selling a corvette which is all bogus he is still in the mid atlantic states so get the word out car looks great deal sounds great but BULL*/!* all of it. new guy just got taken $9500.00 listed on C List 1963 splitwindow corvette match #,s red clean clean looking none of it real ing1: so look and call it in to FBI,or send me info I will get to Detective working the case remember ROBERT GREENE = BAD GUY,BRIAN THOMPSON= BAD GUY do not send money to any bank escrow IS A FAKE *******:judges:this BAD GUY working banks in the MID ATLANTIC region a male middle or younger 30,s with a Heavy set Black female DO NOT SEND any money to any BANK ESCROW this is all bogus money will be gone as fast as they can get if someone does see a post like a 1963 corvette or any other older car asking a too great to believe deal buy it only if you see it in person any thing else is bogus and their is>> NO DEAL <

REWARD for information leading to conviction BAD GUY AKA Robert Greene ,Brian Thomson
    Last edited by jbm313; 10-05-2010 at 08:17 AM.

Re: BrianThomson= fake corvette

I would never buy any car by transferring money to an escrow account. If I can't see it, touch it and drive it I am not buying it.
    Giving you real Car Buying Tips