+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Paradise lost

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Re: Paradise lost

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    By default, God did it!
    Nothing bothers me more in this entire thread than this statement.

Which God is default?Why is it THAT God over the 10's of thousands of other Gods?

Why is God always the default when there are thousands of non-God explanations?

Why isn't the movie "The Matrix" as default? It can explain everything in the entire world and more. It can explain beginnings, the future, the anomalies, ghosts, everything that science and religion combined cannot explain, the matrix can explain with ease. Why isn't this the default?

What gives you the authority to set the default?

Why is it that every time science explains a new thing that "God must have done" before, it's not included as part of the proof that the God theory is wrong? Exactly how many things have been discovered in just the last 100 years that used to be "God's work" and is now explained by science?
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Would you relent and accept God if you had a face to face encounter with Him?
    A face to face encounter with him? YES PLEASE!

I didn't know that was an option! Sign me up! I'm available all this week. How's his schedule looking? Can I expect him around 5?

Once face to face meeting and I'll drop to my knees, repent and spend the rest of my days spreading the good word. That would be excellent proof. Can I get it on videotape?

If he can't make it I'll understand... Mythical creatures have so little time for manifestations. Especially the ones with infinite powers over time and space.
    Last edited by Lord_jag; 10-03-2010 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post

I didn't know that was an option! Sign me up! I'm available all this week. How's his schedule looking? Can I expect him around 5?

Once face to face meeting and I'll drop to my knees, repent and spend the rest of my days spreading the good word. That would be excellent proof. Can I get it on videotape?

If he can't make it I'll understand... Mythical creatures have so little time for manifestations. Especially the ones with infinite powers over time and space.
    "Would it count for you as a 'face to face' if say, it occurred in a dream, in that same week.? Obviously, God manifestations, especially of the power and magnitude of the buy-bull type(s), is very dangerous to experience 'live' . So would an encounter in a trance, dream, etc. qualify.??
    I'm just asking, for clarity, as to what constitutes a 'Cara a Cara' episode.
    "Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."

-Tim Minchin

I don't have the evidence to prove that God doesn't exist, but I so strongly suspect that he doesn't that I don't want to waste my time.

-Isaac Asimov

MrSandman said:
    "Would it count for you as a 'face to face' if say, it occurred in a dream, in that same week.? Obviously, God manifestations, especially of the power and magnitude of the buy-bull type(s), is very dangerous to experience 'live' . So would an encounter in a trance, dream, etc. qualify.??
    I have always said on this forum that I feel that there is a "God," as in any creation (The Universe) suggests a Creator. This is logic to me... I do realize that a certain group have the belief in a "Personal God" as in the biblical thoughts they've studied and defended from the atheists. However, there is no logical, scientific proof for a Personal God...only a Heartfelt belief, and a stalwart defense of this belief. However, a Creator Of Every- thing is known by all of the creations present, and fits in well with postulations made by the likes of Spinoza; that "God" is the sum and total experience of creation and the manifested things of this life. What is the difference if the Creator of All was a white-bearded old Man, living in Heaven....having no historic, tangible proof.... or some Unknown, and to the present, Unknowable Force, or Forces, either consciously or unconsciously coming together causing the creation of this Universal Experience we call life? The biggest difference that I can realize is it is easier for me to conceive of the latter than the former, as more workable. One side rants about "the Bible" and how it is "proof" of His Existence and His history....even though it is almost totally fact-less, while the other side rants about how those who are "God believers" have thoughts about a God that disobey all of science. I would hope that sentient, open-minded persons would learn to grasp their own inner ideas of this conundrum, measuring them with the facts that surround us universally, and not listen to those who would distort common-sense just to satisfy some dogma-based, unworkable belief-system that has only been saved from the grave by people intent on living in fear of some white-bearded old Man who, they say, will sit in judgment upon the death of us.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

The Cambrian explosion can be generally explained within the concept of epigenetics.

Since it is becoming increasingly accepted that evolution is driven by the "cutting and pasting" of viral DNA back and forth across species, any number of exchanges across the "soup" prior to the Cambrian emergence would be highly random, but that randomness would gradually decrease as viral DNA is exchanged across spectrums of life in differing parts of the "pool".

The human body, for example is composed of "junk DNA" that is basically the same as viral DNA, possibly DNA absorbed as a kind of precaution to deal with future viruses of similar nature.

As this DNA "pool" began to build among differing life forms, certain immunities would also develop to protect the organizational integrity of each organism.

While viral DNA exchange would be random and rapid in early stages, it would gradually slow as each organism accumulated a process of labeling and recognizing DNA and avoiding excessive change.

Ultimately you see the emergence of several different life forms almost fully adapted to their own niche in the environment.

It is also possible that this slowdown of viral DNA exchange gradually developed into a form of sexual reproduction, in which only a certain amount of viral difference is allowed within a species, exchanged from male to female within that species.

Sperm "infiorms" the egg with necessary information, after which a new organism develops with built-in immunities that further separates the species.

The result is emergence of many different adapted life forms.

[/quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    So much bullshit...so litte time.....
    Most of what you've posted are insults, not intelligent discussion. A real of thumb is when a debater fires back with insults and profanity, that's when I've won the debate.

Saying its B.S. doesn't make it so. Where's your scientific argument for the universe coming from natural processes? You, like Hawking, are desperate to deflect criticisms about your bankrupt theories.

Stephen Hawking may be a brilliant scientist, but he lost it when he proposed in his 2010 book The Grand Design with his co-author a "multiple universe theory."

You're being intellectually dishonest when you propose ideas without scientific proof.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    That's in interesting question. Yes, I believe it would count. Even a vision or a trance would count, but a face-to-face experience with God is very dangerous.

Without elaborating, I'd rather experience God in a dream then awake.
    Last edited by Cnance; 10-03-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Put your request in writing, send it to Santa Claus and wait. I'm sure you find something nice in your Xmas stocking.

Otherwise roll the dice and wait for snake eyes to come up one hundred times in a row. That's a conservative estimate of the possibility.

Better yet, ask God. He's the initiator.

Of course, that's only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Nope... dreams are no good. I can't videotape dreams.

Put your request in writing, send it to Santa Claus and wait. I'm sure you find something nice in your Xmas stocking.

Otherwise roll the dice and wait for snake eyes to come up one hundred times in a row. That's a conservative estimate of the possibility.

Better yet, ask God. He's the initiator.

Of course, that's only my opinion.
    Okay so what is the point of you asking if you know very well that it's never going to happen?

Most of what you've posted are insults, not intelligent discussion. A real of thumb is when a debater fires back with insults and profanity, that's when I've won the debate.

Saying its B.S. doesn't make it so. Where's your scientific argument for the universe coming from natural processes? You, like Hawking, are desperate to deflect criticisms about your bankrupt theories.

Stephen Hawking may be a brilliant scientist, but he lost it when he proposed in his 2010 book The Grand Design with his co-author a "multiple universe theory."

You're being intellectually dishonest when you propose ideas without scientific proof.
    Well... is't it BS when you offer to setup a face to face meeting with God only to tell me that it's never going to happen unless Santa Clause makes it?

That's not intended as an insult, it's pointing out BS.

Well... is't it BS when you offer to setup a face to face meeting with God only to tell me that it's never going to happen unless Santa Clause makes it?

No, no dude, you want to meet the Tooth fairy!

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

No, once again, you are wrong...100% wrong. There is plenty of evidence for origins being a natural event/process. As a matter of fact, all the evidence points to natural causes. None of it points to the contrary...none.

Your argument/position is the tired old, "god of the gaps" argument. You god exists in the questions that are not fully known...but when we can answer those questions via natural causes, you move him from that gap to another. How convenient.

"Like Hawking..." Ha!...I wish! I wish I had his understanding of physics and mathmatics...I wish I had his vision to see how it alll comes together.

Enlighten us, tell us how Hawking's theories are "bankrupt"...and then present evidence, any evidence that stands on its own...that points to ANY god. I bet you can't.

Grab yourself a mirror and view the biggest hypocrite here at scam.com.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    No, once again, you are wrong...100% wrong. There is plenty of evidence for origins being a natural event/process. As a matter of fact, all the evidence points to natural causes. None of it points to the contrary...none.

Your argument/position is the tired old, "god of the gaps" argument. You god exists in the questions that are not fully known...but when we can answer those questions via natural causes, you move him from that gap to another. How convenient.

"Like Hawking..." Ha!...I wish! I wish I had his understanding of physics and mathmatics...I wish I had his vision to see how it alll comes together.

Enlighten us, tell us how Hawking's theories are "bankrupt"...and then present evidence, any evidence that stands on its own...that points to ANY god. I bet you can't.

Grab yourself a mirror and view the biggest hypocrite here at scam.com.
    What are those scientific studies proving that the universe came from natural processes?

There are any! Right?

This whole thing is pointless. I've never claimed to have any empirical proof for God. So what's your problem? Your the one claiming science is superior and can explain the origin of the universe. If you can't produce proof of your claim, then forget it. No one's perfect.
    Last edited by Cnance; 10-04-2010 at 03:52 PM.

You don't get it. I never offered such a meeting. That's between you and Him.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

What are those scientific studies proving that the universe came from natural processes?

There are any! Right?
    CMB, the signature of the The Big Bang. Now provide me any evidence that this was the result of anything other than natural causes.

And, proved me with any proof of a deity created universe that can stand on it's own merits.

And, provide me with any proof that says if science is wrong, then a deity created universe is only other option.

Again, you dishonestly live in the excuse that until something is known 100% then, god is the answer. Well, you and yours have been wrong...100% of the time.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.