+ Reply to Thread

MasterPath and Gary Olsen

Anybody familiar with the light and sound teachings of MasterPath and Gary Olsen?

Red flags to me after quite of bit of research and feedback are:

1. Olsen appointed himself the Living Master and offers nothing to validate such a claim

2. MasterPath is operating as a tax-exempt organization under 501(c)(3)

3. Olsen was a former Eckist, who left that movement to form MasterPath, which coincidentally bears quite a resemblance to Eckankar

4. Olsen has been accused of, and later admitted to, plagiarism

5. Olsen is elusive and generally unavailable....that is unless you pay money to go to a seminar, then pay more money to actually 'meet' him

6. Olsen caused quite a stir among his following with a Bird Flu 'satsang' that had people selling houses, stocking up on guns, ammo, and food, etc.

7. It's been said that when one chooses to 'leave the Path', that Olsen becomes a doomsayer and threatens bad karma and failure will catch up with you as a result

8. It is a 'Fight Club' mentality, in other words "the first rule of MasterPath is...nobody talks about MasterPath" and they have secretive little recruiting networks operating all over the place to get more people to join up @ $40/month

There's much more...this is just the stuff that really tells me that the guy is a charlatan.

Thoughts?

Re: MasterPath and Gary Olsen

Oh you have summed up a large portion of the scam that is MasterPath.

There is more about Gary Olsen that can (and likely should) be added to your list, but I will leave that alone for the moment.

The one I love has very specific and intimate knowledge of this crook and his cult that really just makes me ill.

It is good that this gets out in the open to warn any naive initiates that might be taking the poison bate.

It's unfortunate that a couple of CityData moderators saw the need to shut down a Masterpath thread that was 2yrs running and full of good information, and they did it with zero explanation.

Being that MP is a scam, it's great to have found this forum to share information.

It's very much like a religious pyramid scheme...except that the Olsens are the ones getting all the money while their devotees pay monthly dues and try to recruit new 'seekers'.

Pretty good money being made according to this info from 2005...tax-free, of course:

http://nccsdataweb.urban.org/PubApps/showVals.php?ft=bmf&ein=850402524

Here's the link to the citi-data form on Olsen's scam. Really shameful. He hurt and ripped off a lot of people:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...-familiar.html

Another good link that is picking up where C-D left off is at

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum...movements-dir/

Anybody who wants to share their experiences with MasterPath is encouraged to contribute to either thread...we are merely trying to spread the word and gather input from both sides to expose the truth about this purported religious scam.

Re: MasterPath and Gary Olsen on YouTube!

Here they have their own YouTube channel to spread the gospel...it's really cutting-edge stuff...:errr:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMasterPath

...because, you know, if you're not putting up cheesy videos of your whiteboard and easel presentations at a Holiday Inn Express conference room, you're not 'cutting edge'....

7. 06-11-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote Originally Posted by anticult7 View Post
    Here's the link to the citi-data form on Olsen's scam. Really shameful. He hurt and ripped off a lot of people:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...-familiar.html
    Here's the link to Religious Forums. Steer clear of this sociopath Gary Olsen. He doesn't care who he hurts or rips off.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum...ary-olsen.html

MasterPath and Gary Olsen

you can if you want to it would be good for all the info to be in one place... but all we are sayin is that there is a lot here on the forum you just have to use the search button up toward the top under where it says welcome to you and how many messages you have.

I have a dear friend who has been in Masterpath for 16 years now. In the past year, I have watched his mind deteriorate into a drone like existance. He is glassy eyed and spooky when discussing anything Masterpath. He says a lot, "I can not discuss that, I have told you too much." in the middle of saying anything about it.

He just came back from a seminar and he said to me, "I know Gary is the true Master, he is the living Master, God." I was FLOORED.

My friend is a very bright, talented person.... but he lives out of his car and has no future goals. He can not hold a job, and is sparadic in thought. He used to laugh and have fun, but lately, he'll sit in his car and read for HOURS the masterpath material. He used to read for about 30-40 minutes each morning, now it's anywhere from 2-4 hours, then he will again in late afternoon and again in the evenings.

He is VERY defensive and very vocal and emotionally abusive when asked questions about Masterpath, and it has evolved to all aspects of our friendship. I am sad, and must end the friendship (he just SCREAMED at me in a public place, and made no apologies for it,but blamed me for asking a simple question, and said I was not worthy of an answer !!!)

My friends and I want to help him, we miss our friend- what can/should we do? Anything? Anyone have insight for me? I have been reading about Masterpath to help bring insight, and I am just in shock at what I am reading. I wish I could grab Gary Olsen around his leather tan neck and shack him. His voice when I hear him talk is incredibly annoying (nasaly) and I can not believe anyone, much less my friend, would believe this guy is a 'living master' and compares himself to Jesus.

Ugh, I am so frustrated.

just ANOTHER scam ON the HOPES of the WEAK and SCARED.......KILL and EAT.....god APPROVES!? just check your BIBLE if you aint FIXIN dinner you ARE dinner!? details at 11!? or 7 if your an EARLY bird!? :rryumy: :chicken: :crazy1: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you