Poll: Do you believe in the 2nd coming of Jesus?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 17 to 22 of 22

Thread: The 2nd Coming

  1. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Glendale Az
    Posts
    1,249

    Re: The 2nd Coming

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    You somehow assuming I take the bible literally?
    It was only your answer that reflected that. I didn't know that you were joking.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

  2. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3

    Re: The 2nd Coming

    I am so certain that the 2nd coming will never happen, and there are so many believers that are certain that it will, that I wish there were a way to put money on it.

    Unfortunately, I don't know of any believers who are willing to commit to a date. It's always in the future. So, like most of their beliefs, it's unfalsifiable, meaning no bet against it can ever be won.

  3. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: The 2nd Coming

    Quote Originally Posted by Vagon View Post
    Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Matthew 24:34

    Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. Mark 13:30

    Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Luke 21:32

    I wouldn't be hanging around, this is worse than Jordan's Washington Wizards come-back.
    I believe gospel quotes about Jesus (God and Lord) were not written by eyewitnesses and they don't reflect his real life. They were written by men to sell Jesus as the son of God (Christian ideology to promote a new religion).

  4. #20
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: The 2nd Coming

    Quote Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
    I am so certain that the 2nd coming will never happen, and there are so many believers that are certain that it will, that I wish there were a way to put money on it.

    Unfortunately, I don't know of any believers who are willing to commit to a date. It's always in the future. So, like most of their beliefs, it's unfalsifiable, meaning no bet against it can ever be won.
    Well tell you what... God says the poor will be saved first... So send me all your money and you'll be at the front of the list for being saved.

    If the salvation comes after I die you can have it all back.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  5. #21

    Re: The 2nd Coming

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Flip side...what would be your reaction if suddenly you found yourself in front of the book of life at the pearly gates?

    "Holy crap!"

    Gotta have better opening remarks than that. Hone your debate skills now.
    What will you do when you found you out that your soul is going to one of the seven circles of hell, and you come face to face with Satan himself? What then? Are you going to say "Holy crap", then start crying like a little girl knowing that your pathetic soul will be tormented for all eternity.
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

  6. #22
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: The 2nd Coming

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight-mare View Post
    What will you do when you found you out that your soul is going to one of the seven circles of hell, and you come face to face with Satan himself? What then? Are you going to say "Holy crap", then start crying like a little girl knowing that your pathetic soul will be tormented for all eternity.
    We'll see when I get there...

    What are you going to do when you get there because of the 30,000 versions of Christianity alone, you chose one of the wrong 29,999?

    And that's poorly assuming Christianity is even the right choice!
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Similar Threads

  1. EVERYBODY Saw this Coming....
    By jason zod in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 11:40 PM
  2. New C-64 Coming Soon
    By mumbles in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 01:55 AM
  3. End Of U.s.a. Coming Soon
    By josidhf in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 04:40 PM
  4. Is another Ice Age coming?
    By Old Timer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 03:37 AM
  5. Some Seen It Coming...
    By boone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 08:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •