Poll: Do you believe in the 2nd coming of Jesus?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 2nd Coming

Re: The 2nd Coming

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    You somehow assuming I take the bible literally?
    It was only your answer that reflected that. I didn't know that you were joking.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

I am so certain that the 2nd coming will never happen, and there are so many believers that are certain that it will, that I wish there were a way to put money on it.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any believers who are willing to commit to a date. It's always in the future. So, like most of their beliefs, it's unfalsifiable, meaning no bet against it can ever be won.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagon View Post
    Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Matthew 24:34

Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. Mark 13:30

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Luke 21:32

I wouldn't be hanging around, this is worse than Jordan's Washington Wizards come-back.
    I believe gospel quotes about Jesus (God and Lord) were not written by eyewitnesses and they don't reflect his real life. They were written by men to sell Jesus as the son of God (Christian ideology to promote a new religion).

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
    I am so certain that the 2nd coming will never happen, and there are so many believers that are certain that it will, that I wish there were a way to put money on it.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any believers who are willing to commit to a date. It's always in the future. So, like most of their beliefs, it's unfalsifiable, meaning no bet against it can ever be won.
    Well tell you what... God says the poor will be saved first... So send me all your money and you'll be at the front of the list for being saved.

If the salvation comes after I die you can have it all back.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Flip side...what would be your reaction if suddenly you found yourself in front of the book of life at the pearly gates?

"Holy crap!"

Gotta have better opening remarks than that. Hone your debate skills now.
    What will you do when you found you out that your soul is going to one of the seven circles of hell, and you come face to face with Satan himself? What then? Are you going to say "Holy crap", then start crying like a little girl knowing that your pathetic soul will be tormented for all eternity.
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight-mare View Post
    What will you do when you found you out that your soul is going to one of the seven circles of hell, and you come face to face with Satan himself? What then? Are you going to say "Holy crap", then start crying like a little girl knowing that your pathetic soul will be tormented for all eternity.
    We'll see when I get there...

What are you going to do when you get there because of the 30,000 versions of Christianity alone, you chose one of the wrong 29,999?

And that's poorly assuming Christianity is even the right choice!
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.