Poll: Do you believe in the 2nd coming of Jesus?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 2nd Coming

The 2nd Coming

For years and years, christian people from all walks of life believe that there will be a second coming of Jesus Christ. It supposely mentions it in the bible, but I couldn't find it. It supposely mentions, "Jesus will return to purge the Devil from this world". There are also a number of christians that believe Dec. 21, 2012, is the date of Jesus's second coming.
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

Re: The 2nd Coming

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Matthew 24:34

Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. Mark 13:30

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Luke 21:32

I wouldn't be hanging around, this is worse than Jordan's Washington Wizards come-back.
    The strong did what they could, and the weak suffered what they must. - Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by Knight-mare View Post
    For years and years, christian people from all walks of life believe that there will be a second coming of Jesus Christ. It supposely mentions it in the bible, but I couldn't find it. It supposely mentions, "Jesus will return to purge the Devil from this world". There are also a number of christians that believe Dec. 21, 2012, is the date of Jesus's second coming.
    Yeah, the bible mentions it, quite a bit in fact. JC mentioned it when he said I go to prepare a place for you, and if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto myself, that where I am, there you may be also.

Also, all throughout Paul's writings, he always encouraged people to look for the coming of Christ.

Also, the Angel said to the disciples when Jesus was taken up into a cloud after the resurrection, that this same Jesus will come in like fashion as he left (peacefully in a cloud).

The question really should be: how and when will he come back?

How will he come back? peacefully in "clouds"- when will he come back? when he receives us unto himself.

His coming is spiritual to receive your spirit when your body dies (as Paul explains it). And we (our spirit) go unto the Father as JC did, where a house is prepared for us.

Makes this trip to hell worth it. Like old Paul said, the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory that will soon be revealed to us all.

The death of the flesh is something we should look forward to. Though, if you don't know the mystery, it seems fearful.
    whack it:judges:

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    What the mayan calender is now in the bible?

Every generation since Paul has been waiting, predicting...

I say Jesus has been here continually, checking it out, pokin us with forks and saying...

Nope Dad, they ain't done yet!

Yes I strongly believe that and told others to believe it also.. The only people for whom it is reliable, are those who already believe in a literal interpretation, about the Bible. For others, it has little weight. People can believe it, but it does not reliable.

What the mayan calender is now in the bible?

Every generation since Paul has been waiting, predicting...

I say Jesus has been here continually, checking it out, pokin us with forks and saying...

Nope Dad, they ain't done yet!
    If you want check out this website about jesus returning Dec. 21, 2012. I think that it is a little far fetched.
    http://www.cynet.com/Jesus/

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

This guys comes twice in 2000 years?...BFD!...I can do that with a 15 min rest!....oh, wait......that's not what you mean???
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    This guys comes twice in 2000 years?...BFD!...I can do that with a 15 min rest!....oh, wait......that's not what you mean???
    What do we call you now? ole one eyed jack!

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

YYYaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr!
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Of course I believe in the second coming. I'm already here!

Proove I'm not God, perfectly concealing all my superpwers of miracles and knowledge so that you have to believe me on faith.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

These three questions are for the 6 people that believe in the 2nd coming of Jesus.

1.) Do you think that the second coming will happen in your life time?

2.) If so when?

3.) How disappointed will you be on your death bed realizing that Jesus is not returning?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight-mare View Post
    These three questions are for the 6 people that believe in the 2nd coming of Jesus.

1.) Do you think that the second coming will happen in your life time?
    Very fair, thanks. Yes, I do think he will come and has come in my lifetime here on the round ball. He came for my son some years back, my grandparents, the 9-11 victims, the post 9-11 victims, those who pass at hospice houses, and in hospitals. He comes for those who are mangled in car crashes, those who push to much serum through the syringes, those who put lead in their heads. Look in the newspapers, at the obits, you will see those JC has come for, to take them to the place he has prepared for them in our Father's house.

2.) If so when?
    When does JC come again? IMO, Paul the Apostle made it very clear when JC comes again, he comes for us at the death of our flesh. It is a "mystery", but one that has been revealed clearly. Read the passages on the coming again of JC, and you will find it is when someone's body dies.

3.) How disappointed will you be on your death bed realizing that Jesus is not returning?
    Actually, there will be anticipation on my deathbed (If I get the chance to ponder it), for then I will know at any minute the one who died to give us the truth will soon come to usher me into the presence of our Father.

Seems this coming again of JC has been greatly misunderstood, or mistaught, usually to the gain of those who stand in "the houses of God" and pass the offering plates around.

But in all honesty, from what my small mind can comprehend, a clear reading of the scriptures state that JC comes again for all of us individually when we experience the death of the flesh. We will have all "passed" our test, and will graduate into the real world of the spirit.

Flip side...what would be your reaction if suddenly you found yourself in front of the book of life at the pearly gates?

"Holy crap!"

Gotta have better opening remarks than that. Hone your debate skills now.
    So....the best reason to follow biblical teachings is to save your own hide and lie to yourself, if you can't allow yourself to believe in those "fairy tales"....to keep from going down to the "other side?" What if a perfectly good and honest person doesn't believe at all in these biblical stories? Having absolutely zero proof of the fact of Jesus' existence as the Supreme Being that biblical teachings say he is, a Personal God's existence, and a Heaven and Hell, where do these beliefs leave that good and honest person? Wouldn't a thinking adult rather live a life being true to facts of existence and personal experiences, rooted in sensability and reality, rather than a belief system based on wildly impossible stories of miracles, supposedly performed thousands of years ago? Is it so hard for a thinking, bible-believing, good and honest adult to leave behind those tall tales people have been telling for thousands of years and start to think about a reality not based in fear of some unknown God....but in themselves and their own experiences? If there really is a Personal God that we go to when we die, don't you think that It will know that we were true to our own experiences and not to book full of unproveable, far-fetched stories?
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Well tig, that is all pretty non-biblical... where do you come up with all that?
    Well....here is one place:
    Matthew 24:25-28 (King James Version)

25Behold, I have told you before.
    26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
    27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Here is another:
    1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (King James Version)

13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
    14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
    15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Here is another:
    1 Corinthians 15:35-36 (King James Version)

35But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

and:

1 Corinthians 15:42-44 (King James Version)

42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
    43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in *****: 44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

and:

49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

And don't forget this famous quote by JC:

Matthew 22:31-33 (King James Version)

31But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
    32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. 33And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.

I know that is the bill of goods they sold us in sunday school...but how about you enlighten us to where you find it in the bible?
    The bill of goods "they" sell you in sunday school is that the "saved" go to heaven when they die, and then- at the second coming of JC the saved are then joined together with their bodies. They also use much of the same passages I used above to back their beliefs, and of course the book Revelations. But hey, they got a business to run, that's why they interprete scripture the way they do.

According to the good book all are in their graves, asleep, awaiting the his return and awaiting to be woken up....millions of 'em, billions of 'em I suppose. No our loved ones who have made their transition are not in Heaven dancing with their relatives and friends, they are in their graves awaiting...according to the goodbook anyway (hence the reason folks freak about cremation, and spend all that money insuring the worms ain't eating them)
    Then obviously you have not understood what you have read-God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. Also, I prefer cremation to preservation, the ashes grow great tomatoes.

I've talked to three people who claim to have a near death experience. One didn't believe in God, but the NDE changed his mind.

Another didn't believe in God, and the NDE did nothing to change his mind.

The other believed in God, but "came back" with greater mental abilities of concentration and demonstrated a higher IQ than before.

Nothng clearly proven in either case.

I myself had an out of body experience after an infection resulting from a bad operation, but I can't say anything in regard to God. I just floated awhile.
    Last edited by doojie; 09-20-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    I've talked to three people who claim to have a near death experience. One didn't believe in God, but the NDE changed his mind.

Another didn't believe in God, and the NDE did nothing to change his mind.

The other believed in God, but "came back" with greater mental abilities of concentration and demonstrated a higher IQ than before.

Nothing clearly proven in either case.

I myself had an out of body experience after an infection resulting from a bad operation, but I can't say anything in regard to God. I just floated awhile.
    'floated awhile' ???? as in hovering over your body with your 'mind' in the hovering body and not in the one on the bed? What purpose does a near death experience serve anyway?

I just grew so tired of all the different versions surrounding the second coming. Is there going to be a war? Is the second coming going to solve anything?
    If all knees will be bowing, how long will this knee-bowing last anyway??

Does this second coming have anything to do with the war of Armageddon?

I'm not asking these questions to you Doojie , per se. I'm just thinking out loud.

Don't worry folks the world will not end today....... it is already 'tomorrow' in Australia.
    "Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."

-Tim Minchin

I don't have the evidence to prove that God doesn't exist, but I so strongly suspect that he doesn't that I don't want to waste my time.

-Isaac Asimov