+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scammed

Scammed

I recently saw an advertisement for a laptop that i was going to but in a chat program called IRC. I have seen this guy before on some chat channels on there. I contacted him on his msn that he left and sent me pictures and specs of the computer through MSN. I sent him money via westerunion and called him later than night. He said he was delivering the package to Air canada cargo and the ontario airport. I have called him all day today but it goes to his message machine.

If this is a scam is thereanyway to get your money back through wester union or have i been scammed out of a couple of hundred

Thanks

Re: Scammed

If they asked you to send money by Western Union this is likely a scam.

Most scam artists want their money sent WU. Money is untraceable sent by WU. You should report it but it is unlikely you will get your money back.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

Always end through paypal to a verified member. You could always file a dispute if you dont get you goods.

renloyx is offline Senior Scammer Molestation Expert User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by england
    via westerunion
    say goodbye to your money.
    JESUS JUICE - Newest And Bestest Christ-Centered MLM Business Opportunity. If you really really really love Jesus and money PM me for info.

Well thanks for the advice, ill make sure not to use western union ever again

Quote Originally Posted by england
    I recently saw an advertisement for a laptop that i was going to but in a chat program called IRC. I have seen this guy before on some chat channels on there. I contacted him on his msn that he left and sent me pictures and specs of the computer through MSN. I sent him money via westerunion and called him later than night. He said he was delivering the package to Air canada cargo and the ontario airport. I have called him all day today but it goes to his message machine.

If this is a scam is thereanyway to get your money back through wester union or have i been scammed out of a couple of hundred

Thanks
    Yep, as someone already said, kiss your money goodbye.

Now, Western Union is not the problem as it is a very good way to transfer money to people you know and trust.

The problem arises when using Western Union to pay someone you don't know is a very big scam risk, coupled with the fact that you were buying a laptop online with only Western union as a payment method, another scam risk, in fact a lot of the scammers entice people with high priced electrical goods going for insanely cheap prices. A lot of scammers in the past have used this tactic, also it is more than likely that there wasn't any laptop for sale in the first place, just a quick way of this scammer to collect money from unsuspecting individuals like yourself.

As far as the pictures, they prove nothing, that con artist could have copied the pictures from anywhere online.

Yes, using Western Union to pay someone you don't know is a scam risk because once the money has been paid, there is no way of getting it back!

Now, some action you can take: Report this fellow to MSN and tell them he is using their chat rooms and network to perpetrate fraudulent activities and tell them that you have personally been scammed. If you called him, I assume you have his number, give that to MSN, in fact pass on as much detail as you can.

Also, report the crime here ---> Internet Crime Complaint Center - www.ic3.gov

Help pages on ebay regarding payment methods
    (the following link is just to give you an idea of other payment options available online as well as their pro and cons as suggested through ebay):

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/payment-ov.html

Instant Cash Wire Transfer (such as Western Union & MoneyGram)

eBay does not recommend the use of instant cash wire transfer services. While sellers may offer this option, they cannot require you to pay this way. If you suspect a seller is trying to commit fraud by insisting on payment through an instant cash wire transfer, please decline to use it and report the seller to eBay.

Disadvantages

• Difficult to identify and designate recipient.
    • Not traceable.
    • Generally, no recourse is available if the item is not delivered as promised, even if you used your credit card to send the payment.
    • Not covered by the eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program.

Other useful info:
    http://www.sitnews.us/1105news/11250...transfers.html
    Last edited by BAILEYSCREAMS_REVENGE; 06-04-2006 at 08:19 PM.
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!