+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 107

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    As I watched clips of Glenn Beck's Washington rally I wondered how many in the crowd, most self-described fundamentalist Christians, knew that Beck is not exactly “one of them.”

    I only wondered that because it was Beck himself who was parsing which religion is American – Christianity – and which religion is anti-American – fundamentalist Islam.



    “Something that is beyond man is happening,” Mr. Beck told the crowd, in what was part religious revival and part history lecture. “America today begins to turn back to God.”

    It was a message warmly received by the crowd of largely Tea Party followers. Becky Benson, 56, traveled from Orlando, Florida, because, she said, “we believe in Jesus Christ,” and Jesus, she said, would not have agreed with the economic stimulus package, bank bailouts and welfare. (Guess Becky never read the Sermon on the Mount.)

    Anyway, I only mention all this because, if what Beck and those he's whipped up want is to parse which religion is nuttiest it's going to be a crowded field. And among the nuttiest is Beck's church, the LDS – Mormon church.

    I wonder how many of Becks followers who oppose the so-called “Ground Zero mosque,” have read Glenn's book. No not the book he wrote, the one he believes to be the word of God..

    The Book of Mormon.

    I’ve read it, and let me tell ya, second only to Scientology, the Book of Mormon is, hands down, the nuttiest piece of metaphysical nonsense ever committed to paper.

    I'm not going to get into the details. They are available online if you're curious. Those who go all tingly over Beck's rantings should be curious and read it. Because if Beck believes the historically fictional, clinically insane stuff in the BOM, they might want to reconsider his beliefs about America, American history and just exactly what he means when he calls America “a Christian nation.”

    If Beckites consider Obama the anti-Christ, just what was Joseph Smith? A careful reading of non-LDS biographies of the Mormon “profit” leaves the thinking person wondering if he was either so crazy that today he'd be on a court-ordered lithium I.V. drip, or that he was one of history's shrewdest conmen. (After reading The Book of Mormon, my money’s on the lithium drip.)




    (Yeah, yeah, I know… Jesus was persecuted too. Nothing gets the followers more stirred up than tales of their prophet’s mistreatment at the hands of the law.)

    Don't get me wrong. When it comes to religion, or other varieties of supernatural/metaphysical beliefs, I really don't care what other people believe. That is, until they start insisting the rest of us toe those arbitrary invisible lines as well. I become especially exorcized when one group of “believers” starts dissing other variety/varieties of “believers.” Which, in my mind, falls squarely in the “kettle calling the pot black” department.

    Glenn Beck is just as much a conman/nut as the founder of his religious cult, Joe Smith – who wrote that after the alleged resurrection, Jesus appeared and preached to the American Indians. (I guess Sitting Bull was off hunting that day as he never mentioned this extraordinary sighting. Every other Indian seems to have missed it too.)

    Beck and Smith have something else in common -- besides being conmen -- like Beck, Joe Smith had a thing about gold. Beck pimps gold coins for the company that sponsors his show. In Smith's case he built his scheme on the foundation of mysterious, divinely inscribed gold tablets he, and only he, could see and decipher -- and which conveniently disappeared when folks began demanding he cough them up for public inspection. (Gold tablets that were about as real as Bernie Madoff’s investment portfolio -- but largely served the same purpose.)

    So Beck is against the Ground Zero mosque. And he thinks fundamentalist Islam is a violent religion that's just not up to American Christian standards.

    Beck gets most of his support from traditional, fundamentalist Christians, who have no idea exactly what it is Beck really means when he throws terms like “God,” "Jesus” and “faith,” around. Because, while they have “faith” in him, he’s on an entirely different metaphysical path.

    Beck’s deconstruction of a religion currently out of public favor, Islam, is a dangerous game -- not only for America, but for Beck himself. Because, Mr. Beck, people in glass houses -- yada yada yada.

    And to the lemmings who follow this Pied Piper of hate, you'd do well to read something besides your Bible. Read The Book of Mormon. Then get back to me on all this.

    Steve
    www.newsforreal.com





    .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Location Location!
    Posts
    766

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    I'm not able to read any of these links. I get this message:
    "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (mhtml) isn't associated with any program."
    Could you fix these links?
    "Wag more, bark less."
    .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    117

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask View Post
    As I watched clips of Glenn Beck's Washington rally I wondered how many in the crowd, most self-described fundamentalist Christians, knew that Beck is not exactly “one of them.”

    I only wondered that because it was Beck himself who was parsing which religion is American – Christianity – and which religion is anti-American – fundamentalist Islam.



    “Something that is beyond man is happening,” Mr. Beck told the crowd, in what was part religious revival and part history lecture. “America today begins to turn back to God.”

    It was a message warmly received by the crowd of largely Tea Party followers. Becky Benson, 56, traveled from Orlando, Florida, because, she said, “we believe in Jesus Christ,” and Jesus, she said, would not have agreed with the economic stimulus package, bank bailouts and welfare. (Guess Becky never read the Sermon on the Mount.)

    Anyway, I only mention all this because, if what Beck and those he's whipped up want is to parse which religion is nuttiest it's going to be a crowded field. And among the nuttiest is Beck's church, the LDS – Mormon church.

    I wonder how many of Becks followers who oppose the so-called “Ground Zero mosque,” have read Glenn's book. No not the book he wrote, the one he believes to be the word of God..

    The Book of Mormon.

    I’ve read it, and let me tell ya, second only to Scientology, the Book of Mormon is, hands down, the nuttiest piece of metaphysical nonsense ever committed to paper.

    I'm not going to get into the details. They are available online if you're curious. Those who go all tingly over Beck's rantings should be curious and read it. Because if Beck believes the historically fictional, clinically insane stuff in the BOM, they might want to reconsider his beliefs about America, American history and just exactly what he means when he calls America “a Christian nation.”

    If Beckites consider Obama the anti-Christ, just what was Joseph Smith? A careful reading of non-LDS biographies of the Mormon “profit” leaves the thinking person wondering if he was either so crazy that today he'd be on a court-ordered lithium I.V. drip, or that he was one of history's shrewdest conmen. (After reading The Book of Mormon, my money’s on the lithium drip.)




    (Yeah, yeah, I know… Jesus was persecuted too. Nothing gets the followers more stirred up than tales of their prophet’s mistreatment at the hands of the law.)

    Don't get me wrong. When it comes to religion, or other varieties of supernatural/metaphysical beliefs, I really don't care what other people believe. That is, until they start insisting the rest of us toe those arbitrary invisible lines as well. I become especially exorcized when one group of “believers” starts dissing other variety/varieties of “believers.” Which, in my mind, falls squarely in the “kettle calling the pot black” department.

    Glenn Beck is just as much a conman/nut as the founder of his religious cult, Joe Smith – who wrote that after the alleged resurrection, Jesus appeared and preached to the American Indians. (I guess Sitting Bull was off hunting that day as he never mentioned this extraordinary sighting. Every other Indian seems to have missed it too.)

    Beck and Smith have something else in common -- besides being conmen -- like Beck, Joe Smith had a thing about gold. Beck pimps gold coins for the company that sponsors his show. In Smith's case he built his scheme on the foundation of mysterious, divinely inscribed gold tablets he, and only he, could see and decipher -- and which conveniently disappeared when folks began demanding he cough them up for public inspection. (Gold tablets that were about as real as Bernie Madoff’s investment portfolio -- but largely served the same purpose.)

    So Beck is against the Ground Zero mosque. And he thinks fundamentalist Islam is a violent religion that's just not up to American Christian standards.

    Beck gets most of his support from traditional, fundamentalist Christians, who have no idea exactly what it is Beck really means when he throws terms like “God,” "Jesus” and “faith,” around. Because, while they have “faith” in him, he’s on an entirely different metaphysical path.

    Beck’s deconstruction of a religion currently out of public favor, Islam, is a dangerous game -- not only for America, but for Beck himself. Because, Mr. Beck, people in glass houses -- yada yada yada.

    And to the lemmings who follow this Pied Piper of hate, you'd do well to read something besides your Bible. Read The Book of Mormon. Then get back to me on all this.

    Steve
    www.newsforreal.com





    .


    Read it. Its a fantastic read, full of phenomenal passages and proverbs. Any honest person would be able to read that and take things away from it that would truly improve their lives. To really appreciate it though a 3rd, 4th, and 5th reading would be necessary, as some of the messages are so deep and profound they would be missed the first time through. However, as with the Bible, the reader has to be honest, with real intent without agenda or predetermination in order to get anything out of it.

    That post is so filled with propaganda, half-truths, and outright lies it smacks of an agenda so intolerant that to ever EVER complain that someone else is being intolerant of another race, creed, or religion would be a hypocrite's offense so outrageous that that person must truly be beyond any moral feeling or shred of integrity or dignity. Pitiful, truly pitiful.

    Its not even worth responding to the lies one by one, it seems there is not point. It seems as though their mind is made up, their intolerance for anything or anyone but themselves has found a target, and there is no more room for reason, and no desire to understand and accept. Ignorance has become like a warm baby's blanket, it is the only thing that protects them now.

    One can only hope others will not be so too desiring the warmth of ignorance's embrace and the safety of hatred's blind fold as to adopt the uninformed opinion of one as their own just to justify their own irrational hatred for something they do not, cannot, or refuse to understand. How is it possible to read the above posted article and not interpret it as anything other than angered and hateful?

    If this is to be a discussion about Mormonism, I'll have it, as I am one. But it must be an honest conversation, with honest people, asking honest questions, and not presuming they know more about my faith than I do.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    14

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    So now we are not supposed to listen to someone because of their religion? Are you serious? That is the typical leftist anti freedom crap. Its the liberals who cry "Don't listen to his ideas, he is a Catholic or a Fundamentalist or Muslim, Mormon, Jew, Atheist, Whatever. " Divide and set one side against another.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
    So now we are not supposed to listen to someone because of their religion? Are you serious? That is the typical leftist anti freedom crap. Its the liberals who cry "Don't listen to his ideas, he is a Catholic or a Fundamentalist or Muslim, Mormon, Jew, Atheist, Whatever. " Divide and set one side against another.
    It's not just the liberals....

    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=131296

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    I have to say that I think this is easily the worst hate-filled religious attack I have ever read here.

    Maybe anywhere.


    Also: 'the majority of the crowd would describe themselves as fundamentalists'...LOL

    Good one.






    /
    Last edited by pwrone; 09-02-2010 at 03:12 PM.
    There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    It's not just the liberals....

    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=131296


    Huh?

    Compare this to that?


    okaaaaaay



    edit: I'm sorry--I missed that you were being ironic--or something.

    I know you know actual hate when you read it. Right?





    .
    Last edited by pwrone; 09-02-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    I have to say that I think this is easily the worst hate-filled religious attack I have ever read here.

    Maybe anywhere.


    Also: 'the majority of the crowd would describe themselves as fundamentalists'...LOL

    Good one.






    /
    everything with you is the most, greatest , worst ,hateful ,filthy ,animal, monstrous, etc, etc!? and if i read you right, you should have said attack on religion!? but see, you told the truth accidently!? your whole personal bent is derived from YOUR religion, it is YOU who constantly carry on a religiously derived hateful attack on those that dont measure up to the standards you set!? kinda like, ya things are looking shatty, TIS THEM, NOT me, and i can prove it!?:cwm2: :spin2: : :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,179

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    Wow... ripping on him because he's a Mormon? What happened to freedom of religion?

    Mormons believe in the bible.

    And there's a lot of Mormons that don't like Glenn Beck. My dad despises him, he's also a conservative.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    everything with you is the most, greatest , worst ,hateful ,filthy ,animal, monstrous, etc, etc!? and if i read you right, you should have said attack on religion!? but see, you told the truth accidently!? your whole personal bent is derived from YOUR religion, it is YOU who constantly carry on a religiously derived hateful attack on those that dont measure up to the standards you set!? kinda like, ya things are looking shatty, TIS THEM, NOT me, and i can prove it!?:cwm2: :spin2: : :


    Next time, a simple "I agree" or "good post" will suffice.

    Thanks anyway.


    .
    There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    Well, for the record, Mr. Pizzo is a Jew. Which should make it an interesting read to see how all you fundamentalists spin that one considering your stance on Israel.


    And he is entitled to his opinion. But I think most of you missed the point of the post.



    Lady Mod

    .

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask View Post
    Well, for the record, Mr. Pizzo is a Jew. Which should make it an interesting read to see how all you fundamentalists spin that one considering your stance on Israel.


    And he is entitled to his opinion. But I think most of you missed the point of the post.



    Lady Mod

    .


    LOL

    Welll, you were able to avoid all the screams of "raaaaaacist!" (or whatever) because you are a liberal, on a liberal web forum and a moderator to boot.

    I cut you slack because you didn't really comment on it, so you COULD have been just 'framing a debate' LOL.

    Now, if you are really going to get behind this incredibly sickening post, you should know that this guy is well-known as a verminous ing liberal scumbag, conspiracy-theorist, all-purpose drooling wackjob and one of the worst examples of humanity ever quoted here. His religion is utterly irrelevant because, remember--he is a liberal.

    That you access him as often as you do is interesting, at least.



    .
    Last edited by pwrone; 09-02-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    117

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask View Post
    Well, for the record, Mr. Pizzo is a Jew. Which should make it an interesting read to see how all you fundamentalists spin that one considering your stance on Israel.


    And he is entitled to his opinion. But I think most of you missed the point of the post.



    Lady Mod

    .
    And what was the point of the post? Other than to attempt to create division promote intolerance and baselessly attack a religion of 14,000,000 members worldwide. Who, in any community they are in, are considered among the most productive and charitable of any. All because of their faith?

    It wasn't even about Glenn Beck, that was an after thought. The whole tone of the message here seems to be that the author is attempting to create undue animosity towards a group of people they themselves don't really care about. In fact there is animosity here from the author even towards those they are attempting to "warn". It's all about stirring up those on the opposite side of the argument from himself just to avoid having any sort of actual debate. Because if he ever were to honestly step on the battlefield of ideas, he would lose.

    Or did I miss the point too?
    Last edited by CharlesNK4; 09-02-2010 at 08:12 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,179

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask View Post
    Well, for the record, Mr. Pizzo is a Jew. Which should make it an interesting read to see how all you fundamentalists spin that one considering your stance on Israel.


    And he is entitled to his opinion. But I think most of you missed the point of the post.



    Lady Mod

    .
    Actually, that just makes everything he states hypocritical. He's criticizing Beck for believing in the Book of Mormon because it's "nutty" and "historitcal fiction" yet he believes there's some big guy somewhere up in space who has the ability to control the world (but doesn't) and that some day he and his son are going to save us all! Ya... that sounds totally sane and normal... :rotz:. To many the very book that the author believes in is historical fiction and nutty too. But I DESPISE when religious people criticize other religious people for having crazy beliefs. No offense, but ALL religions require you to make a pretty big "leap of faith" to buy into what they're selling because NONE of them have an ounce of sanity to them.

    It's like a psychotic schizophrenic pointing to someone who is slightly more severe than they are and going "Hey, that guy is nuts".

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    18

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    hmmm... im not going to touch this one. personally i believe religion is best left with your own heart.

    there's where my God lives and all other belief's were subjected to war.

    therefore i'll keep my own peace and let others sort out their own reconcilable differences.

    Consumer Guarder

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: Beck, not exactly "one of them"

    And the current likely best choice for president is also a Mormon.





    .
    There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Similar Threads

  1. "Death" of "Amy Winehouse" alias "Lady Gaga" was a joke
    By TruthIsNeverTooHorrible in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-28-2016, 08:57 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 10:43 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 07:44 AM
  4. The Wisdom of Beck: The "Pension Pyramid"
    By Grim17 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 12:44 PM
  5. John Beck "Free & Clear" system for buying houses
    By Skydawg in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 02:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •