+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 183

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    All MLM programs are SCAMS

    I talk from experience... I have tried ones you would think are legitimate... only to get ripped off. Excel Communications was scamming their reps and not paying them and blamed it on a new computer system... guess what? after they did not pay me, I quit and warned my sponsor who ignored me. and guess what, less then a year later, they went out of business... He kept investing time and money and got screwed out of more time and money than I did as I caught on right away and cut my losses early... same goes for pre-paid legal... I could not promote a company who provided bad legal service... I invested time and money and lost on that venture as well. then there was FINL that also went out of business... How many make any money in Amway... only the ones at the top or the ones that got in early and how many lost money that got into Amway because they were told the product sells themselves and that they did not have to be sales man... Yeah right. only a salesman can sell someone "hook line and sinker.": and if you don't know what "hook line and sinker" means, you can always google it...:judges:
    Last edited by RACollins; 08-25-2010 at 07:11 AM. Reason: changed "do not" to "don't"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by RACollins View Post
    I talk from experience... I have tried ones you would think are legitimate... only to get ripped off. Excel Communications was scamming their reps and not paying them and blamed it on a new computer system... guess what? after they did not pay me, I quit and warned my sponsor who ignored me. and guess what, less then a year later, they went out of business... He kept investing time and money and got screwed out of more time and money than I did as I caught on right away and cut my losses early... same goes for pre-paid legal... I could not promote a company who provided bad legal service... I invested time and money and lost on that venture as well. then there was FINL that also went out of business... How many make any money in Amway... only the ones at the top or the ones that got in early and how many lost money that got into Amway because they were told the product sells themselves and that they did not have to be sales man... Yeah right. only a salesman can sell someone hook line and sinker.:
    good research to support your theory
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    What am I hiding? My true identity and I've been quite successful at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I'm not hiding my identity.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by jebaroo View Post
    good research to support your theory

    rofl

    :cwm2::cwm2:

    Yep...just about sums this guy up!!
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

  4. 08-24-2010, 02:33 AM

    Reason
    soft deleted in case some just need cleaned up to preserve the integrity of a thread

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by RACollins View Post
    Thank you for the complement.

    :
    Jeb's sense of humour went right over your head..but dont worry, it happens with most posters on here...

    :cwm2:
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

  6. #5
    homebusinessmt is offline Home Business Internet Marketing Coach Michelle User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    51

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by RACollins View Post
    I talk from experience... I have tried ones you would think are legitimate... only to get ripped off. Excel Communications was scamming their reps and not paying them and blamed it on a new computer system... guess what? after they did not pay me, I quit and warned my sponsor who ignored me. and guess what, less then a year later, they went out of business... He kept investing time and money and got screwed out of more time and money than I did as I caught on right away and cut my losses early... same goes for pre-paid legal... I could not promote a company who provided bad legal service... I invested time and money and lost on that venture as well. then there was FINL that also went out of business... How many make any money in Amway... only the ones at the top or the ones that got in early and how many lost money that got into Amway because they were told the product sells themselves and that they did not have to be sales man... Yeah right. only a salesman can sell someone hook line and sinker.:
    Those companies that you mentioned were all pretty bad news, and it is very upsetting to see these things happen.

    I think there are companies who will do the right thing by their distributors and be honest and decent in the operation of their MLM business.

    The most important thing is doing your due dilgence extremely throroughly, and I say.. nevery put ALL your eggs in one basket.

    I must add to that, however, do not put all your eggs in 6 to 10 baskets, because you cannot succeed in MLM or network marketing in this way.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by RACollins View Post
    I talk from experience... I have tried ones you would think are legitimate... only to get ripped off. Excel Communications was scamming their reps and not paying them and blamed it on a new computer system... guess what? after they did not pay me, I quit and warned my sponsor who ignored me. and guess what, less then a year later, they went out of business... He kept investing time and money and got screwed out of more time and money than I did as I caught on right away and cut my losses early... same goes for pre-paid legal... I could not promote a company who provided bad legal service... I invested time and money and lost on that venture as well. then there was FINL that also went out of business... How many make any money in Amway... only the ones at the top or the ones that got in early and how many lost money that got into Amway because they were told the product sells themselves and that they did not have to be sales man... Yeah right. only a salesman can sell someone hook line and sinker.:
    ALL MLM's?!

    OK.

    So, that means you've looked at & analyzed every MLM in the marketplace?

    Really?

    :yelcutelaughA:

    Somehow, I really doubt that.

    You've "tried" a few, and "failed"/quit, now, you show up on a public forum telling lies like, ALL MLM's are scams!?

    Shame shame...shame on you...:rotz:

    It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it.
    ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

    I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.
    ~ Michael Jordan
    I think you gave up waaay too soon. You're still in the very beginning of your MLM learning curve.

    Hang in there.

    Welcome to the forum just the same.

    Kerry
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Jeb's sense of humour went right over your head..but dont worry, it happens with most posters on here...

    :cwm2:
    It is arrogant ignorant fools like you that make an ass out of yourself and don't even realize it when you do... It is because you don't know the difference between your ass, page eight or a hole in the ground for not having read page 8, that enables you to talk out your ass as though you have.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    ALL MLM's?!

    OK.

    So, that means you've looked at & analyzed every MLM in the marketplace?

    Really?

    :yelcutelaughA:

    Somehow, I really doubt that.

    You've "tried" a few, and "failed"/quit, now, you show up on a public forum telling lies like, ALL MLM's are scams!?

    Shame shame...shame on you...:rotz:



    I think you gave up waaay too soon. You're still in the very beginning of your MLM learning curve.

    Hang in there.

    Welcome to the forum just the same.

    Kerry
    i.e., ALL MLM'S

    I did not have too... All mlm's are the same... that is they are all based on the same assumption... the assumption being that your downline will make you money and that, like the illegal chain letters, the chain won't be broken... guess what... you may make a commission on your own efforts and sales but the pitch about rather getting a small commission on the sales of your downline rather then just your own sales fails to mention that most in your downline think the same way and thus everyone is counting on everyone else to make them money and when their efforts fail so do yours... i.e., you can lead a horse to ***** but you cannot make him drink... stated another way, you can sponsor a dead beat into your downline, but you can't make them a go-getter. The Facts whether you like to admit it or not.:

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by RACollins View Post
    It is arrogant ignorant fools like you that make an ass out of yourself and don't even realize it when you do... It is because you don't know the difference between your ass, page eight or a hole in the ground for not having read page 8, that enables you to talk out your ass as though you have.
    ok i will ask, what is page eight?
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    What am I hiding? My true identity and I've been quite successful at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I'm not hiding my identity.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by jebaroo View Post
    ok i will ask, what is page eight?

    I was wondering that........
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    I was wondering that........
    we know you don't know what it is, you don't know your ass from page eight
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    What am I hiding? My true identity and I've been quite successful at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I'm not hiding my identity.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by RACollins View Post
    i.e., ALL MLM'S

    I did not have too... All mlm's are the same... that is they are all based on the same assumption... the assumption being that your downline will make you money and that, like the illegal chain letters, the chain won't be broken... guess what... you may make a commission on your own efforts and sales but the pitch about rather getting a small commission on the sales of your downline rather then just your own sales fails to mention that most in your downline think the same way and thus everyone is counting on everyone else to make them money and when their efforts fail so do yours... i.e., you can lead a horse to ***** but you cannot make him drink... stated another way, you can sponsor a dead beat into your downline, but you can't make them a go-getter. The Facts whether you like to admit it or not.:

    Your views are a very long way from being ''facts''......
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    29

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    MLMs are for people who do not have true product expertise. They are for people who can sell, but who have not spent decades associated with a particular product or industry. They are like ronins for hire. :

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by jebaroo View Post
    ok i will ask, what is page eight?
    I'm surprised you're asking... Why am I surprised? because it was directed to Chrisdoyle ... as you can see, he was only wondering where as you were asking...

    Have you not heard the saying "one does not know their ass from page 8" before?

    I will satisfy your curiosity but you will have to read my reply to Chrisdoyle.
    Last edited by RACollins; 08-24-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: typo

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by RACollins View Post
    i.e., ALL MLM'S

    I did not have too... All mlm's are the same...
    Again, you've checked all of them out?! Really?!

    I call BS. Sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by RACollins View Post
    that is they are all based on the same assumption... the assumption being that your downline will make you money
    If you build one, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RACollins View Post
    and that, like the illegal chain letters, the chain won't be broken...
    Meaning WHAT?!:freak3:
    Quote Originally Posted by RACollins View Post
    guess what... you may make a commission on your own efforts and sales but the pitch about rather getting a small commission on the sales of your downline rather then just your own sales fails to mention that most in your downline think the same way and thus everyone is counting on everyone else to make them money and when their efforts fail so do yours... i.e.,
    The "trick" is, to keep on going, cause that's how it works! Most people don't do anything with their new business! If you have the ability to sponsor, keep going till you find someone else that does too!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RACollins View Post
    you can lead a horse to wa-ter but you cannot make him drink... stated another way, you can sponsor a dead beat into your downline, but you can't make them a go-getter. The Facts whether you like to admit it or not.:
    Yep, yer right, FACTS are buggers they are...

    Here's one little fact for ya.

    Legit MLM's do work, IF you work them, consistently, with committed effort over time. If you choose the wrong company/plan for you, it very likely won't ever get off the ground. It's up to you. MLM "failure"? CLICK HERE!

    It sounds like you quit MLM too soon.

    They are NOT ALL scams.

    That's the "facts" whether you like to admit it or not.

    JMO

    Kerry
    Last edited by ohein56; 08-24-2010 at 08:09 AM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: All MLM programs are SCAMS

    Quote Originally Posted by RACollins View Post
    I'm surprised your asking... Why am I surprised? because it was directed to Chrisboyle... as you can see, he was only wondering where as you were asking...

    Have you not heard the saying "one does not know their ass from page 8" before?
    No, I have not heard that saying before...that is why I asked, "What is page 8?"
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    What am I hiding? My true identity and I've been quite successful at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I'm not hiding my identity.

  18. 08-24-2010, 07:48 AM

    Reason
    soft deleted in case some just need cleaned up to preserve the integrity of a thread

Similar Threads

  1. Are all Affiliate Programs Scams?
    By parag_shah36 in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 04:36 PM
  2. Are these programs scams..?.Help!!
    By 1stmom in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 05:18 AM
  3. Any Programs not scams?
    By Avari in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 11:06 AM
  4. I do a few programs that aren't scams
    By Summer in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 05:10 AM
  5. Two programs that aren't scams
    By Summer in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 10:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •