+ Reply to Thread

printing checks with versacheck gold 2010

Hi,

I applied to a work at home offer on backpage.com or *****slist. I forgot which one it was. This is the description of the job:
    MATERIALS NEEDED AS YOUR WORKING KIT
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    PC and Printer
    Versa Check Gold 2010
    Once you purchase the Versacheck Gold 2010, it will come with 150 blank check papers. Please note that everything purchased while working on your job during the course of the week will be reimburse to you along with your weekly pay. We are willing to pay you 800$ montly.

The company name is: Fastlane Wireless established in 2004 with the aim of serving eBay customers across the world, We specialize in selling used and new cell phones, Blackberry, Smart Phones, and Air cards.

Which I did go to the website to see if this company existed.

Is this a scam? Has anyone else seen or applied to an add similar?

thanks

Re: printing checks with versacheck gold 2010

100% fake job.

It is the "print the fake checks and send them to other victims using a stolen UPS or FedEx billing account number". The only real job here is you paying the shipping charges to UPS and FedEx and maybe paying back the bank for the fake paycheck you would be depositing.

Then those other victims cash the fake checks and Western Union their cash to the scammer who picks up their cash using another of his fake names.

Which I did go to the website to see if this company existed.
    Whether or not the company exists or is legit doesn't matter, that email did not come from a legit company.

Speaking of, what is the website address of that company?

If it is a legit company, you should forward the emails you have to them. That company needs to know that someone has stolen their corporate identity and put a large warning on their homepage. Victims are not going to understand that the company mentioned is not a part of the scam and is, in fact, another victim.

Is this a scam? Has anyone else seen or applied to an add similar?

thanks
    Yes, it is a scam. Google 'fake check job'.

You could also post up the scammer's email address and any other emails you have, it will just make your post more googlable for other potential victims to find.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

The website address is: www.fastlanewireless.com and I sent the email the email address they have listed on their website, but it came back undeliverable. That person continues to send me emails asking if I am ready to get started. Her email address is kimlaule@yahoo.com and her yahoo messenger is under that name or kimberly.

I knew it was too good to be true. I feel for part of the scam by purchasing the versacheck gold 2010, but i never gave this person any of my bank information.

Maybe I can use this software for my own personal use since i bought it. I got suckered but I'm glad I told someone to shed some light on this matter

Just keep ignoring that scammer, he will go away when he realizes you won't do what he wants and communicate with him. You are in charge, not him and scammers hate that and will disappear.

I knew it was too good to be true. I feel for part of the scam by purchasing the versacheck gold 2010, but i never gave this person any of my bank information.
    There are too many fake jobs out there, just keep that 'too good to be true' thought when next you receive another email. Glad to hear the scammer did not get any banking information from you.

Maybe I can use this software for my own person use since i bought it. I got suckered but I'm glad I told someone to shed some light on this matter
    You most certainly can use that software. Anyone can print their own checks instead of buying them from a bank or printing company, thousands of small businesses and private individuals do just that. It is just when scammers use stolen account numbers, then the paper check becomes a fake one.

Glad to help and glad you posted here before losing money to a scammer. When ever suspicious or just plain curious, google the email address, names used, company names used, phone numbers and even sentences in the emails, you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted on scam-warner-fraud-warning type sites. Even if you can't find anything, post what you have here and other scam-busting sites and she what others think.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

We have used versa check for many years and recently upgraded.... what a scam... they try to force u to purchase supplies through them and when you call customer service they will not help. in fact when I asked to talk to someone else, they hung up....

Worst ever!!!