+ Reply to Thread

Need help with toy-offer.com (Germany hotel)

I completed an offer from toy-offer for Gift Card for Hotel in Germany for World CupĀ® $750 Value. The status says
    Your gift will be shipped to you via Federal Express or UPS, however it can take up to 30 days for the Fulfillment Center to assemble, package, and ship a gift after your voucher has been received.

We appreciate your patience. Your gift should arrive in the next few weeks."
    So I thought it was a gift card, such as a pre-paid MasterCard or something. Instead, I got an e-mail saying
    Our records indicate that you have qualified for a Hotel in Germany for
    World Cup $750 Value. Travel agent Steve Orzechowiz with The Store for
    Travel will assist you in setting up your trip. Please contact him at
    (305)251-6331 to make your reservations. Please note if you go over the
    value of your gift you will be responsible for any charges incurred.
    So does this mean I actually have to go see the World Cup through this travel agent? I'm not big on sports, and I thought going to Germany for the World Cup was just an example of what can be done with the gift card.

Anyone had similar experiences? Thanks.
    Last edited by Charles78; 06-01-2006 at 09:25 PM.

Re: Need help with toy-offer.com

yeah, life sucks...

that's all i can think to say

Re: Need help with toy-offer.com (Germany hotel)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles78
    So does this mean I actually have to go see the World Cup through this travel agent? I'm not big on sports, and I thought going to Germany for the World Cup was just an example of what can be done with the gift card.

Anyone had similar experiences? Thanks.
    The technical term for your situation is "sucks to be you". NT's t.erms and c.conditions state that they may change the gift for something of equal or greater value. You now have $750 in credit at a travel agency. Call him to see if you can roll it over to some other event, such as a trip to NYC or airfare to someplace your girlfriend wanted to go.

Re: Need help with toy-offer.com (Germany hotel)

Our records indicate that you have qualified for a Hotel in Germany for
    World Cup $750 Value. Travel agent Steve Orzechowiz with The Store for
    Travel will assist you in setting up your trip. Please contact him at
    (305)251-6331 to make your reservations. Please note if you go over the
    value of your gift you will be responsible for any charges incurred.
    Ask him if you can go to The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons' conference:
    "The Store for Travel has been appointed as the official travel agent for The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons' 15th International Congress and Endo Expo 2006." Yipee! Those Laparoendoscopic Surgeons are know as party animals, you know.
    ;)

I guess this is the travel agent NT is using for it's traveller-offer sites too. It's based in Miami, which makes sense for NT:
    http://www.thestorefortravel.com/

Also, consider yourself lucky that NT is willing to give you the travel agent credit. Vacation packages or vouchers are not toys. NT has taken the position that someone who signs up for a gift that comes from a non-related site has engaged in manipulation of their code, which is expressly forbidden under their t.erms and c.onditions, and has been DQing people left and right. Some have been given thinly veiled hints that legal action may be offered by NT for using such URLs, even if the person did not personally change anything.

For your sake, do not use any links that go to the 50+ NT sites that appear on Scam.com here unless they are accompanied by instructions on how you can find them yourself, either by a keyword search on Google or by linking to the website that has the NT-sponsored pop-up/ad banner.

Overall, NT has been a great company. They have what is arguably the fastest turnaround time for gift fulfillment, excellent customer service (both on the phone and via e-mail) and offer a range of high dollar value gifts for a reasonable amount of offers.

If you want proof on how good NT is, complete equal requirements for a gift on NT and on a YF site on the same day (a 6-offer NT gift and a 6-offer YF gift, for example). Assuming all offers go complete on day 1 for both sites, you'll have you gift in hand on or about day 30. 15 days later, YF will let you send in your certificates and then tell you to wait another 42-56 days to receive your gift. 30 days versus 87-101 days.

Now compare the situation when you need help getting credit for an offer that hung up. YF tells you to send them a handful of information then says they will ask the sponsor to verify. Ask around here and you'll see that it adds between 3 to 15+ weeks to the process. NT asks you to e-mail your proof to them and they will verify it lighting-fast, sometimes on the same day you send it in.

Follow the rules. Don't be greedy. Enjoy what is left of the "free" gift scene while it lasts.

If the travel agent will let you apply the voucher to some other form of travel (and I don't see why not), please let us know. I feel that there will be quite a few people in the same boat as you who need to know. Share the knowledge, share the love.

They want me to fill out a W9 to "complete the fullfillment process". Now, obviously since the World Cup already started I can't go to it. Do they usually ask for the W9 AFTER or BEFORE they send out the gift card? I'm sure many people know. Thanks

They want me to fill out a W9 to "complete the fullfillment process". Now, obviously since the World Cup already started I can't go to it. Do they usually ask for the W9 AFTER or BEFORE they send out the gift card? I'm sure many people know. Thanks
    BEFORE. The gift is in excess of the IRS limit of $600, so you have to send it in before they will ship.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGoose
    BEFORE. The gift is in excess of the IRS limit of $600, so you have to send it in before they will ship.
    :confused: But the World Cup will be over by then :confused:

:confused: But the World Cup will be over by then :confused:
    That's not their problem. Ask the travel agent if he will give you credit for something else. Disney World is offering a nice package where you get 3 days/2 nights at a nice value hotel on the park grounds, 3 day tickets, and dining package (1 table service, 1 counter service, 1 snack @$4 or less) for 2 people for about $900. Airfare would add another $300-800 (depending on the carrier).

what happened then?
    did you travel?
    i have the same email.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wizochelle
    what happened then?
    did you travel?
    i have the same email.thanks
    They refused to let me use it on a different hotel stay, or anything else for that matter. I've just been waiting to see if anything happens with them, but kind of given up hope of getting anything. If you get anything out of it, be sure to let us know. Thanks.

Oh man, I thought they were sending checks out for traveller-offer. I'm just about finished with this site, thought I would be getting a generic visa or check, not a REAL trip to Europe. :(

Yeah, it originally said "Gift Card" but they changed the wording so it's an actual trip.

Well, at least yours is "Trip to Europe" and not anything more specific.

Yeah, it originally said "Gift Card" but they changed the wording so it's an actual trip.

Well, at least yours is "Trip to Europe" and not anything more specific.
    It does say that if satisfactory arrangements are not available, you may opt to take cash instead. Wonder if that is still the deal.

Well, if you figure out a way to cash it out, I'd be very happy to know. When I called, they seemed pissed off as soon as I mentioned the trip, let alone asking to use it.