+ Reply to Thread

capital investment work from home

I believe Capital Investment work from home is a scam--they set you up with an account on their so called corporate website then you are supposed to supply them with all your personal info along with checking account info so you you can do money transfer to them in the Phillipines and make 20$ an hour--so . I talked to three banks today and they all said this was a classic scam used to wipe out your account and leave you overdrawn and in debt--also, after talking to banks I went into my so-called backoffice website and sent them an email inquiring about this and was almost instantly kicked out and my password no longer valid also, this job was from CAREER BUILDER AND I'M WAITING FOR A REPLY FROM THEM
    :zx11pissed: :rasta:
    Last edited by TYOUNG; 08-10-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Re: capital investment work from home

Yes, 100% scam.

You would either have had your bank account emptied, been sent fake checks to cash and Western Union the money to the scammer or been sent spoofed bank account deposits and told to moneygram the cash to the scammer. Either way, you would have been out thousands of dollars.

As you have realized, legit jobs do not ask you to open a bank account, give existing banking details, print/mail/cash checks, accept a bank/paypal deposit or use Western Union or moneygram in any way.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, he has you on his 'potential sucker' list and will try again to separate you from your money. He will send you dozens of emails under all his fake names and corresponding email addresses. He will sell your name and address to all his scamming buddies as a 'potential sucker'. All those scammers will try to convince you to send them cash via Western Union or moneygram. Be extremely cautious of any emails in the future that are not from people you know personally.

As you have done, always ask/post here and on every scam-warner-fraud-watching site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer,.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Re: capital investment work from home

Good job doing some research to avoid getting scammed. If more people would just ask a couple of questions before giving all their data these scams wouldn't work.