+ Reply to Thread

Is this a possible scam?

Hi guys, im going to get straight to the point because i am pretty frustrated as the doubt that i have about this so called job might turn out to be real. I want your help in identifying if this in fact is a scam.
    I had applied to couple of online recruitment agencies and then a week later i get an email from one which mentions (not pasting the whole thing):

Dear Applicant,
    "Your Resume has been reviewed at www.recruiternetwork.com and forwarded to the Head of Operation Mrs. Melissa Donald. He would like to conduct an online interview with you On Thursday, August 5, 2010 between 11:00AM -2PM EST to discuss more about the Job Position of a Account Clerk position that you are yet to occupy. Set Up a Screen name with the yahoo Instant Messenger online at www.messenger.yahoo.com and add up the Head of Operation screen name:_____"

The company is Partners Group Inc. A US based company (http://www.partnersgroupinc.com)

I add her/him whoever, the interview was pretty basic whether the time slot is suitable for u, if u understand the job description (which he/she sent me) and then i was given the job. He/She emailed me the employment letter which kinda looked that it could be made easily on MS WORD and then told me to just put my name on it and save it and send it back(upon which i asked shouldnt i b signing it and faxing it) and He/She said no thats fine u can just do that.
    N e ways training started today, which was pretty slack for an accounting job.
    Theres no contract, can be terminated anytime with appropriate notice, benefits 401k, medical dental bla bla.
    As for pay He/She said we will mail you the checks with tax deducted.

My suspicion rose after i read about a similar company scam thing. Hence i want to confirm whether it is or not. Your input would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information please ask.

Re: Is this a possible scam?

Just the position of "account clerk" sends up tons of red flags that this is a check cashing scam. I would be very leery. I've been dealing with work at home jobs and scams for years now and have not seen ONE company who hires the way this one does that turned out to be legit.

100% scam.

It is the "cash the fake check" type scam. The 'interview', 'chat/IM' and 'fill out the paperwork' crap is just there in an attempt to make you put aside your suspicious nature and send a stranger on the internet your personal details so he can convince you to cash a fake check and Western Union your cash to him.

The only real job here is you paying back the bank when the check bounces.

You can post up the scammer's email address and any other details you have. This will just make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find.

Any person, company or charity that advertises/emails for an accountant, payment clerk, account clerk, payroll manager, money handler, payment forwarder, or any combination of those type of words, is a scammer looking for suckers to cash fake checks or accept spoofed bank deposits and then Western Union your own cash to the scammer, who will use another of his fake names to pick up your cash.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form you fill out, not the name, not the address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver. Ever. The clerk just hands off the cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Western Union and moneygram also will not under any circumstances tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what location is was picked up at or even in what country your cash was picked up in. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Just block and ignore that scammer, no need to tell him off, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash. Leaving him wondering what went wrong, what happened, what 'tipped' you off, all those frustrating feelings, those are what you want to leave the scammer with. If the scammer has no idea how you figured out it was a scam, he will waste time thinking about "the one that got away", confused as to why you stopped communicating with him. Upsetting the scammer by you ignoring him, by not doing what he wants you to do, that is a wonderful feeling to leave a scammer with.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

The person's email that he uses is melissadonald110@yahoo.com. Thanks for your help. Also how should i go about reporting it and to whom specifically?

Also how should i go about reporting it and to whom specifically?
    You can report the fake job listing to whichever job board it is posted on. You can also post the scammer's email address and emails on other scam-warner-fraud-watching sites you find.

Until law enforcement agencies make an announcement that they will be working on multi-country Western Union or fake job fraud investigation, posting online is the best way to slow the scammers down. Since the scammers are almost always located in another country, using a fake name, free email address, using a computer in a cyper cafe with time paid in cash and pick up their ill-gotten gains from the local anonymous Western Union or moneygram shop, it can be incredibly difficult to obtain enough evidence to have a scammer arrested in another country.

In the meantime, you can also google the word 'scambaiting' to learn how to waste scammer's time legally and safely.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Can anyone pleas confirm if the website looks fake?

www.partnersgroupinc.com

It looks pretty bare bones.. the phone number comes back as: Phonebook results for (815) 521-2190 JJ Dellacqua

Give them a call and see what you think or who you get?

Domain Name: PARTNERSGROUPINC.COM
    Created on: 18-Oct-04

the website has been up for long time. if you call that number, i think they will confirm that they are not hiring anybody to work from home as an account clerk. owners of small companies kinda like to handle their own money.