+ Reply to Thread

The Virtual Business Group?

I got this e-mail today:

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:13 PM
    To: [email protected] ce.com
    Subject: Contact Information
    Size: 2 KB

Thank you for your interest in The Virtual Business Group. I am updating our prospective virtual assistant database and need more contact information. Please supply the requested information below:

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Street Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    Phone Number (1):
    Phone Number (2):
    Preferred e-mail address:
    If same leave blank

If we have a future need, someone will contact you. Also, if you have any questions please send e-mails to [email protected].

Warm Regards,

Meredeth R. Frazier
    The Virtual Business Group
    www.thevirtualbusinessgroup.com
    [email protected] ce.com

The problem is, I don't remember anything about requesting information from anyone; most work at home jobs I've looked at already have my contact information. I tried finding websites for The Virtual Business Group, and Hyperoffice, and while there are websites for both, neither has any information on employment. I have a feeling I've ended up on another mailing list...
    Does anyone recognize these companies, or this e-mail?

On edit: I did find thevirtualbusinessgroup.com website, but it's not completely functional. It does have information on becoming a virtual assistant, so it is possible I checked it out. Still, I'm leary...

Thanks!
    Rhonda
    Last edited by rstratton; 05-31-2006 at 05:13 PM.

Re: The Virtual Business Group?

That's funny--I got that email a couple of days ago, but I simply deleted it. I immediately delete any email that requests my full name, address, and phone number. I'd do the same if I were you.

It kind of makes you wonder: Don't people have anything better to do in their time than scam??? :confused:

Geez...

Re: The Virtual Business Group?

Hello to all, I am the web administrator and programmer for www.thevirtualbusinessgroup.com The emails you received were generated by the website I maintain. I do not and would never send spam (I hate them as much as you do). In order to receive them you must have requested additional information from The Virtual Business Group. The site has been up and running now for a while. If you have any questions regarding TVBG, please feel free to ask through the contact page on the website. I just thought I would clear up any confusion.

Daniel Mocciolo
    Web Administrator