+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This lady makes so much sense to me.

Anne Rice leaves Christianity

Legendary author Anne Rice has announced that she’s quitting Christianity.

The “Interview with a Vampire” author, who wrote a book about her spirituality titled "Called Out of Darkness: A Spiritual Confession" in 2008, said Wednesday that she refuses to be “anti-gay,” “anti-feminist," “anti-science” and “anti-Democrat.”

Rice wrote, “For those who care, and I understand if you don't: Today I quit being a Christian ... It's simply impossible for me to ‘belong’ to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten years, I've tried. I've failed. I'm an outsider. My conscience will allow nothing else.”

Rice then added another post explaining her decision on Thursday:

“My faith in Christ is central to my life. My conversion from a pessimistic atheist lost in a world I didn't understand, to an optimistic believer in a universe created and sustained by a loving God is crucial to me," Rice wrote. "But following Christ does not mean following His followers. Christ is infinitely more important than Christianity and always will be, no matter what Christianity is, has been or might become.”

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07...nity/?hpt=Sbin
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Re: This lady makes so much sense to me.

So... she's still christian, she's just not affiliated with any religious group anymore.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    So... she's still christian, she's just not affiliated with any religious group anymore.
    So..?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
    So..?

So she's not really leaving Christianity... She still follows Christ.

So she's not really leaving Christianity... She still follows Christ.
    She has one foot on the island and one foot in the wat3r....a transitional determination, no doubt, for her. Most people take small steps either away or toward decisions. Apparently, her truth was not living up to her criteria for her life. At least she's searching.

She still follows Christ.
    Which is what she said.

Caller, what is your point?

Which is what she said.

Caller, what is your point?
    She says she's quitting Christianity but she isn't.

She's quitting her local chapter of Christianity, but she's still christian.

interview with a vampire!? i only saw the movie with cruise!? exceptional classic tale!? :cwm2: :spin2: : :judges:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Anne Rice leaves Christianity

Legendary author Anne Rice has announced that she’s quitting Christianity.

The “Interview with a Vampire” author, who wrote a book about her spirituality titled "Called Out of Darkness: A Spiritual Confession" in 2008, said Wednesday that she refuses to be “anti-gay,” “anti-feminist," “anti-science” and “anti-Democrat.”

Rice wrote, “For those who care, and I understand if you don't: Today I quit being a Christian ... It's simply impossible for me to ‘belong’ to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten years, I've tried. I've failed. I'm an outsider. My conscience will allow nothing else.”

Rice then added another post explaining her decision on Thursday:

“My faith in Christ is central to my life. My conversion from a pessimistic atheist lost in a world I didn't understand, to an optimistic believer in a universe created and sustained by a loving God is crucial to me," Rice wrote. "But following Christ does not mean following His followers. Christ is infinitely more important than Christianity and always will be, no matter what Christianity is, has been or might become.”

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07...nity/?hpt=Sbin
    Wow...Another one eats from the tree of life....beautiful.

Mankind has always mixed up "following Christ" with "following those who claim to follow Christ".

Way to come to the light Anne!!!!
    whack it:judges:

I think she's a bit confuse now

Quote Originally Posted by joan2009 View Post
    I think she's a bit confuse now
    Do you mean that now that she has decided to follow what Christ says instead of what man says- is confusing?

Isn't that what the bible tells people to do, stop listening to the message of mankind and start listening to the message of the One sent straight from God himself? You know, JC.

Nothing confusing there.
    whack it:judges:

I see nothing confusing in her message.

On the contrary, it speaks to me with absolute clarity.

Steve

Lord_jag read it correctly. Yes, she is indeed a believer and follower of Christ but just not of man. Good for her. I agree. Actually the Bible encourages this route; "trust in no man but trust in God."

More BALDERDASH from the enemy camp. Ms. Rice was NEVER a Christian to begin with. She writes about evil and satanic subjects in her books, and is another disinformation agent being used to slander the truth. To put it bluntly, she is a practicing occultist.

You don't just 'quit' being a Christian. It's not a social club. The Bible clearly states that we do not choose God, He chooses us to become part of His Kingdom. A real believer cannot, by definition, walk away. He can backslide for sure, but is always brought back, ala the prodigal son.:king22:

YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN and this woman was not, never, ever, born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye888 View Post
    More BALDERDASH from the enemy camp. Ms. Rice was NEVER a Christian to begin with. She writes about evil and satanic subjects in her books, and is another disinformation agent being used to slander the truth. To put it bluntly, she is a practicing occultist.

You don't just 'quit' being a Christian. It's not a social club. The Bible clearly states that we do not choose God, He chooses us to become part of His Kingdom. A real believer cannot, by definition, walk away. He can backslide for sure, but is always brought back, ala the prodigal son.:king22:

YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN and this woman was not, never, ever, born again.
    Ohhhh...I see....this the Matthew, 7:1 portion of our show..... or is it the Matthew,7:3 portion?
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Of course I've been over this several times, but to follow the teachings of Jesus is NOT to follow christianity.

That should be evident from Jesus' simple teachings in Matthew 24. First he warns against deception by tiose who claim to come in his name, and then in verse 23, he tells his followers to follow no man saying "here is Christ".

The reason for that is stated by Ms Rice herself. The natural mind, said Paul is enmity against god and cannot be subject to God. Trying to formulate "God's truth" by any mechanical, linear process of logic must always end in an infinity of undecidable propositions, as Godel has proven mathematically in regard to truth.

Those who claim to be christians by wearing the collective lables of men, whether "baptist" "catholic", or whatever label, cannot prove the authority of their collective beliefs, therefore Jesus gave the only logically correct answer, which conforms exactly to what Ms Rice said. Don't be a part of any of them.

See the article on God and Ayn Rand at http://doojie23.wordpress.com
    Last edited by doojie; 09-24-2010 at 10:42 AM.