+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DataEntryContractors.com?

Hi guys, I'm new here, and I've tried a couple of searches on this forum and on the internet and I can't find anything on these guys besides what they have on their website.

It's a travel mailer broker, the actual name of the company is Travel Entertainment Deals and they are located in Vegas. The website is dataentrycontractors.com. Basically, people get paid a commission for generating lists of names to mail travel info, deals, advertisements and stuff for companies, like Princess Cruise lines, Six Flags, Disney, etc.

I've read the website thoroughly and I've asked them if they could give me the contact info for people who are in that position so that I can speak to them directly, but in the mean time, I was wondering if anyone works for these guys or if anyone knows if they are a scam. There are a lot of parts that look legitimate, but this is the first time that I'm looking for at-home work and I'm very suspicious of everything.

Thanks!

Re: DataEntryContractors.com?

That site is missing some parts, such as owner's name and owner's street address.

Checking out 'Contact Us':
    Phone Number:
    Toll Free 1-800-338-7808

Address:
    Travel Entertainment Deals
    6170 West Lake Mead Blvd. Suite 300
    Las Vegas, NV 89108
    The toll free number does not list where it will be answered, what time zone it is located in or even what hours it might be answered.

The address is not a suite in an office building, it is a rented mailbox at The UPS Store. So, right there, they are outright lying to you, claiming to have an office with suite but are really just renting a mailbox. A mailbox that as long as they pay the yearly fee, they never, ever have to pick up the mail there.

And an email form, not even the email address, just the form to fill out and "a representative will respond shortly". At just what is their definition of 'shortly'?

According to the who-is:
    Registrant Contact:
    WhoisGuard
    WhoisGuard Protected ()

Fax:
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #110 - 732
    Westchester, CA 90045
    US
    Seems they really don't want you to know who they are, where they are located or how to contact them easily.

Looking at 'Proof of Earnings' are pictures of supposed paychecks but the dates on those checks are 6/11, 5/21. 5/7, 4/9 and 3/12 which is a neat trick as the who-is says:
    Updated Date: 03-jun-2010
    Creation Date: 03-jun-2010
    Expiration Date: 03-jun-2011
    Just how did they 'pay' the independent contractors before the site was online?

The 'Earnings Disclaimer' is the usual:
    Examples of proof of earnings are not to be interpreted as a promise or guarantee of earnings. Earning potential is entirely dependent on the person using our training materials, time and effort. Any claims made of actual earnings or examples of actual earnings are not typical. Your level of success in attaining the results claimed on our website and in our training materials depends on the time you devote to the program. We cannot guarantee your success or income level. Nor are we responsible for any of your actions
    Translation, you will probably not make any money and we know it.

Travel Entertainment Deals reserves the right, without prior notice, to discontinue, change, modify, or amend any of these terms, conditions, notices and certificate programs relating to or offered by this web site
    They can change the rules anytime for any reason and never tell you before or after the changes.

The 'Privacy Policy' is short:
    We do not distribute, sell, or rent your name or personal information to any third party, and will never do so, period.
    But will they trade or give-away your information? What about their affiliates and co-owned sites, will those sites spam you?

Occasionally, we will send out mailings via email to inform you of specials, updated news, and surveys to improve the services provided by Travel Entertainment Deals.
    Spam, they send it.

We do not use cookies to collect any personal information (cookies are small files downloaded to your computer to record movements within web sites).

If you feel that you need to discuss our privacy policies further, please contact us.
    But do they use cookies to collect non-personal, non-identifying information? Contact us? How? The privacy policy ends there.

In short, you have no idea who they are, no idea where they are and have no idea where, when or if the toll free number will be answered.

What you do know is that they lied about their address, lied about the paychecks, won't list their email address, charge for their training information, will spam you and have been in business for an entire 3 weeks.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Wow, you're really good.

Thanks so much! I had the feeling that something was off but I wasn't sure if it was because it was my first time looking at these things or because it really was. You've really helped me out Meri Widow, thank you!

Thanks, you're welcome.

Whenever you find a site you just aren't sure about or are simply curious about, post here and on every scam-warner-fraud-watching site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer running a scheme.

well i have been wondering about this data entry thing and well i made the purchace i emailed them and the next day (today) i got my reply back, i replied back and i got a reply back...but stay posted with me to see what happens i just had to see if this was legit it was bugging me to try it out so i did.

please let me know how it goes, im interested in this www.dataentrycontractors.com
    where do you get the names to enter and get your 1$ for every entry, do they provide it????????

Quote Originally Posted by jshantej View Post
    please let me know how it goes, im interested in this www.dataentrycontractors.com
    where do you get the names to enter and get your 1$ for every entry, do they provide it????????
    This is why I think they are full of crap....

"We provide you with your own account in the data entry center and training instructions that you will receive by Rush Priority Shipping within 3-5 business days and can begin working the very same day. A one-time training package fee of $67 is required to cover our expense in getting you started
    ...."

Not only do they want YOU to do all the work for them, but they also want you to pay for the privilage. Besides, it's all done by computers on their side so why does it cost $67??
    Full of shit!

Cheers, Pokey

Quote Originally Posted by DAISY112 View Post
    well i have been wondering about this data entry thing and well i made the purchace i emailed them and the next day (today) i got my reply back, i replied back and i got a reply back...but stay posted with me to see what happens i just had to see if this was legit it was bugging me to try it out so i did.

Hello I was wondering the same thing how did it work out for you. I hope that they are real

DataEntryContractors.com

I was wondering if anyone knows if this site is legit...I'm due to have a baby && wanna try && get some money in before she is due....&& I was going to do this data entry thing...But don't know if its for real...
    Anyone know anything about it?!?...
    Or a site that is legit to work from home...:rotz:

Hello, I was wondering the same tihing! CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW ARRIVAL, I truely understand where you comming from. I m going to order this because I was wondering the same thing. The website looks real, and i've been researching this company since last October, and I going to break down, and order it. I will post a reply to the forum if its legit or not.

I don't trust them myself. I was hoping to get some info on them, but they are non-existent on the BBB website. They seem to have this BBF seal, which isn't a government agency, and they have a two other validations -- one is that the site is secure and the other is a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which isn't spelled out in their terms of service. I'm holding off until someone who actually "works" for them posts.

Has anyone heard of Star Tel Data Com?
    They found me through Massreps.com.
    I was looking for a job so I posted my resume on this massreps.com.
    I received one email form this star tel data
    a man named eric stone. This is an online data entry job. I was told I would make $20 an hour. He set me a cashiers check for $2800. He told me to take it my bank and then send $2100 to a vendor he named for my mini office supplies. ie: laptop computer, scanner, printer, etc. Then the vendor would send me the supplies to my home. I was to keep the rest for my wages.
    The check came from CA. He is in Texas, and the vendor is in CT.
    Has any one had a similiar situation.

100% scam.

There is no job.

The check IS fake and WILL bounce.

There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses pretending to be the "secretary/assistant/accountant" and will demand you cash a large fake check sent on a stolen UPs/FedEx billing account number and send the money via Western Union or moneygram back to the scammer posing as the "vendor". When your bank realizes the check is fake and it bounces, you get the real life job of paying back the bank for the bounced check fees and all the bank's money you sent to an overseas criminal.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

You could post up the email address and the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

6 "Rules to follow" to avoid most fake jobs:
    1) Job asks you to use your personal bank account and/or open a new one.
    2) Job asks you to print/mail/cash a check or money order.
    3) Job asks you to use Western Union or moneygram in any capacity.
    4) Job asks you to accept packages and re-ship them on to anyone.
    5) Job asks you to pay visas, travel fees via Western Union or moneygram.
    6) Job asks you to sign up for a credit reporting or identity verification site.

Avoiding all jobs that mention any of the above listed 'red flags' and you will miss nearly all fake jobs. Only scammers ask you to do any of the above. No. Exceptions. Ever. For any reason.

Hoping this is for real....it does say that if you pay for the training materials, that you are reimbursed for it after you make your first 100 entries and that you are paid for all entries as well. Hoping someone who tried this place got good results. I found the ad for this place in Parenting Magazine....where did y'all find out about it? Just curious.

I ordered the package. I got it and it is not how they make it out to be. You have to register on a bunch of sites and post their ads for the travel packages. Then IF someone wants the travel package from your post you will be sent a message to fill in the form they talk about on their web site. I have spent two hours setting up on different sites. I will let you know if I make any money at all. I am only giving this two weeks. If it does not work I will let everyone know.

It is a SCAM! do not sign up for Data Entry Contractors. The customer service number doesn't even work.