+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    181

    OZ Labour Govt. To Spy on Internet Users

    Ever wonder what it's like to live under a communist regime? Well, come and live in Australia.

    There has been a "leak" of a very heavily censored paper (90% censored) from the Australian Labour Party that it has already put to the Internet Service Providers of Australia, that it wants all users monitored and information retained, under a new legislation. Here's the link....

    http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...ml?autostart=1

    It's time to pack our bags and move to New Zealand!


    Cheers, Pokey

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,461

    Re: OZ Labour Govt. To Spy on Internet Users

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Jeez, Pokey. You're beginning to sound like half the kooks on this site who believe that the big bad bogey man is out to get them!

    My guess is that the monitoring (if that's what it is) will be used to identify child porn deviates or scammers.

    I'm all for it if that's' what it is.

    Anyone who's not for it is probably the type I would like to see caught in such a trap!

    :rasta:

    .
    Isn't this how it always starts?

    "Hey, if you are against this you must be a molester!!"

    Give in... Than the next thing you know you can only use the Internet between 6-8pm on Wednesdays only... Of course after giving a DNA sample in a USB connected device!

    You against this Pokey? WTF are you hiding!!! Investigation time!!!!!
    **********
    "I have never understood why it is considered "greed" to keep the money you've earned, but not greed to want to take somebody else's money"

    - Thomas Sowell
    http://www.tsowell.com/

    *********

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,461

    Re: OZ Labour Govt. To Spy on Internet Users

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Speaking of kooks!

    It doesn't surprise me that you missed my point and it also doesn't surprise me that you deliberately spun my words 'child porn' into 'child molester' and didn't connect with the fact that I also mentioned scammers.


    .
    Is there a difference between a molster and someone who watches child porn? Not to me there isn't.
    Scammers? That is the same idea as lets make the right to having a gun illegal so... well... Only the criminals will carry them? Sweet!!




    Yup, I am a kook all right!!
    :cwm2:
    **********
    "I have never understood why it is considered "greed" to keep the money you've earned, but not greed to want to take somebody else's money"

    - Thomas Sowell
    http://www.tsowell.com/

    *********

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: OZ Labour Govt. To Spy on Internet Users

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Jeez, Pokey. You're beginning to sound like half the kooks on this site who believe that the big bad bogey man is out to get them!

    My guess is that the monitoring (if that's what it is) will be used to identify child porn deviates or scammers.

    I'm all for it if that's' what it is.

    Anyone who's not for it is probably the type I would like to see caught in such a trap!

    :rasta:

    .
    You know what else was on the list?

    Wikileaks.


    There's no way the government has the right to prevent me viewing that sort of material.

    The internet filter is the number one reason Labour has lost my vote.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: OZ Labour Govt. To Spy on Internet Users

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Jeez, Pokey. You're beginning to sound like half the kooks on this site who believe that the big bad bogey man is out to get them!

    My guess is that the monitoring (if that's what it is) will be used to identify child porn deviates or scammers.

    I'm all for it if that's' what it is.

    Anyone who's not for it is probably the type I would like to see caught in such a trap!

    :rasta:

    .

    Oh, also, other things that are refused classification include:

    Websites that are pro-euthanasia.

    Websites that are pro-drugs (if they give any information on actual drugs use).

    Websites that are anti-abortion (if they show pictures of aborted foetuses).

    Video games with an 'R' rating (because Australia doesn't have an 'R' rating for video games for some stupid reason).

    Porn that involves whips and chains (tough luck if this is your thing, it's still considered illegal in Australia).



    Also, Google will close down their Australian offices if it is introduced. No more google.com.au for us.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,461

    Re: OZ Labour Govt. To Spy on Internet Users

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Oh, also, other things that are refused classification include:

    Websites that are pro-euthanasia.

    Websites that are pro-drugs (if they give any information on actual drugs use).

    Websites that are anti-abortion (if they show pictures of aborted foetuses).

    Video games with an 'R' rating (because Australia doesn't have an 'R' rating for video games for some stupid reason).

    Porn that involves whips and chains (tough luck if this is your thing, it's still considered illegal in Australia).



    Also, Google will close down their Australian offices if it is introduced. No more google.com.au for us.

    Sorry to hear... Some are wanting the same here as well....

    So much for freedom aye? I hope you are all fighting this? As much as I disagree with Gazza on almost everything, it would be a huge step back if his right was taken to have the freedom to do want he wants online.. (Legally of course).
    **********
    "I have never understood why it is considered "greed" to keep the money you've earned, but not greed to want to take somebody else's money"

    - Thomas Sowell
    http://www.tsowell.com/

    *********

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    181

    Re: OZ Labour Govt. To Spy on Internet Users

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleP View Post
    Sorry to hear... Some are wanting the same here as well....

    So much for freedom aye? I hope you are all fighting this? As much as I disagree with Gazza on almost everything, it would be a huge step back if his right was taken to have the freedom to do want he wants online.. (Legally of course).

    Exactly. We must fight this all the way, even for the "idiots" that don't understand or want to know about it, eh Gazza?

    Cheers, Pokey

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,179

    Re: OZ Labour Govt. To Spy on Internet Users

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post

    Porn that involves whips and chains (tough luck if this is your thing, it's still considered illegal in Australia).
    Are you serious??

    Well I feel bad for you guys.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    181

    Re: OZ Labour Govt. To Spy on Internet Users

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Point taken!

    I promise to learn more about it and fight the good fight!

    :rasta:

    .

    Hehe, maybe my original post seemed a little.....melodramatic?? But, look at it this way. Take a screenshot of your last week's history from ur browser, and post it here! Bet ya won't. In fact, neither would I, and I know I'm not a criminal, or been to any illegal sites etc, but that's not the point really. Why should I share my web surfing habits with some snotty nosed, pimple sqeezing beaurocrat in Canberra??


    Cheers, Pokey.

  10. #10

    Re: OZ Labour Govt. To Spy on Internet Users

    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Slow Poke View Post
    Hehe, maybe my original post seemed a little.....melodramatic?? But, look at it this way. Take a screenshot of your last week's history from ur browser, and post it here! Bet ya won't. In fact, neither would I, and I know I'm not a criminal, or been to any illegal sites etc, but that's not the point really. Why should I share my web surfing habits with some snotty nosed, pimple sqeezing beaurocrat in Canberra??


    Cheers, Pokey.
    I agree. Just wait. This could be but the first step. Next it could be cameras in the bedroom.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: OZ Labour Govt. To Spy on Internet Users

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    I agree. Just wait. This could be but the first step. Next it could be cameras in the bedroom.
    Very Orwellian.
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 03:34 PM
  2. Out of hours working banned by German labour ministry
    By yassinesd in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2014, 07:05 AM
  3. Democracy Dies in Scotland a/ Labour Hate Campaign
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 12:53 AM
  4. Labour invents 33 new crimes every month
    By Yeah Well Fine Then in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 08:12 AM
  5. How many users have you blocked on this forum?
    By BorisZ in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 03:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •