+ Reply to Thread

The Less You Know, The More You Make

"Salary Theorem" states that "Engineers and Scientists can never earn as much as Business Executives and Sales People."

This theorem can now be supported by a mathematical equation based on the following two postulates:

1. Knowledge is *****.
    2. Time is Money.

As every engineer knows:
    ***** = Work / Time

Since:
    Knowledge = *****
    Time = Money

It follows that:
    Knowledge = Work/Money.

Solving for Money, we get:
    Money = Work / Knowledge.

Thus, as Knowledge approaches zero, Money approaches infinity, regardless of the amount of work done.

Conclusion:
    The less you know,the more you make.

Re: The Less You Know, The More You Make

very true, and apparently, i still know WAY TOO MUCH!?and of course it reinforces/authenticates that old adage, it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know!? :cwm2: :spin2: : :
    Last edited by lexx; 07-23-2010 at 09:08 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    very true, and apparently, i still know WAY TOO MUCH!?and of course it reinforces/authenticates that old adage, it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know!? :cwm2: :spin2: : :
    Lexx, sometimes I think that your just not to tightly wrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Lexx, sometimes I think that your just not to tightly wrapped.

OT

I thought what Lexx said made perfect sense.yb:

He is saying he is not making that much money so he must know a lot.

Then he says he thinks it is all about who you know that helps with making more money.

Lexx, am I correct with understanding what you were saying?

Possibly I am wrong with understanding what Lexx was saying, Lexx, if I am wrong please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    OT

I thought what Lexx said made perfect sense.yb:

He is saying he is not making that much money so he must know a lot.

Then he says he thinks it is all about who you know that helps with making more money.

Lexx, am I correct with understanding what you were saying?

Possibly I am wrong with understanding what Lexx was saying, Lexx, if I am wrong please explain.
    that's certainly 1 way to take it!? i cant guarantee that it's the only way to see it!? maybe it's akin to what i know vs what someone else knows and who has the best result!? if i get to know this person and their ways i can be like them!? why try to figure it out yourself!? why start from scratch!? but any simple idea has many complications due to the human condition/nature!?
    the who you know means more than just ideas or facts!? i would say it's about 'attitude/character' as it's commonly called!? or more simply put, it's the quality of knowledge not the quantity that counts towards happiness!?
    as to the knowing nothing vs knowing everything we have to consider that real knowing is doing and that doing when made automatic thru success relieves the mind from the burdens of doubt and it's associated thinking!? which if verbalized is considered knowledge!? real knowledge is success itself without the burden of associated thinking!? those that achieve this type of success are naturally promoted to the top where their only role is to guide others by example!? LIKE THE PRESIDENT!? (theoretically speaking)
    ok.... i took a stab at explaining, never seems to cover all the bases though!? :cwm2: :spin2: : :
    Last edited by lexx; 07-25-2010 at 12:12 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

i just thought of this today!?
    almost all the mistakes we make in life are because we go to slow or we go to fast!? :cwm2: :spin2: : :