+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 92

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    God is Holy but we are not.

    Conflicts and problems between humans and God stems from an impenetrable barrier between Him and us.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-20-2010 at 07:28 PM.

  2. #2

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Conflicts and problems between humans and God stems from an impenetrable barrier between Him and us.
    We may not be holy but people claim the pope is holy. I don't believe that he is either.
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

  3. #3
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Conflicts and problems between humans and God stems from an impenetrable barrier between Him and us.
    Sure... but the fun part is that we exist and he doesn't. That still makes us better. Who cares if he's holier if he doesn't exist?
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    Lord_jag

    Sure... but the fun part is that we exist and he doesn't. That still makes us better. Who cares if he's holier if he doesn't exist?
    You say He doesn't exist because you don't see Him.

    In the world of an invisible God you may think your better, but better is not longer. When we die, He goes on.

    Who takes the prize?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Conflicts and problems between humans and God stems from an impenetrable barrier between Him and us.
    I think your premise is wrong. There are no problems between humans and God. Just problems between humans and humans, many of which are about who's God exists and who's doesnt.

    If we all just assumed no God existed, even if we thought that was wrong, that would stop the conflict.

  6. #6
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    You say He doesn't exist because you don't see Him.

    In the world of an invisible God you may think your better, but better is not longer. When we die, He goes on.

    Who takes the prize?
    Well I don't know... You think it will be the person living his life trying to control other people through myths, starting or fueling wars, only doing what he thinks someone else wants him to do, usually evil, because they think they will be judged one day,

    or,

    the person who seeks the observable truth and strives to do the right thing during his only chance at life because it's the right thing to do?

    I think I'd give a prize to the later...
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  7. #7

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    You say He doesn't exist because you don't see Him.

    In the world of an invisible God you may think your better, but better is not longer. When we die, He goes on.

    Who takes the prize?
    Is what you say based on fact or just belief?
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    Knight-mare

    Is what you say based on fact or just belief?
    What I say is based on belief. I cannot by empirical facts prove what I know. I have no agenda other than a strong urge to know the truth. What I know has little or no value to others. I just like to discuss what I know about God, angels, and heaven.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-22-2010 at 07:43 PM.

  9. #9

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    What I say is based on belief. I cannot by empirical facts prove what I know. I have no agenda other than a strong urge to know the truth. What I know has little or no value to others. I just like to discuss what I know about God, angels, and heaven.
    I'm guessing that along with your belief, you have hope, right?

    Hope that what you believe about God, angels, and heaven is true. Hope that what you have read in your bible is true. Hope that what other people in your religious circle is telling you is true?

    However, if something is proven otherwise than what you believe, read or been told, would that change your religious outlook?
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    Knight-mare

    I'm guessing that along with your belief, you have hope, right?

    Hope that what you believe about God, angels, and heaven is true. Hope that what you have read in your bible is true. Hope that what other people in your religious circle is telling you is true?

    However, if something is proven otherwise than what you believe, read or been told, would that change your religious outlook?
    I am afraid you have the wrong person. I believe there is no salvation for humankind. Also, to the consternation of Lord jag and others, I do not hold standard Christian ideals or beliefs. I am at odds with Christian theology, and, except for the Old Testament prophets and Revelations, I don't believe much of the Bible.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    You say He doesn't exist because you don't see Him.

    In the world of an invisible God you may think your better, but better is not longer. When we die, He goes on.

    Who takes the prize?
    You know, people do belief in things they can't see, like gravity. You can't see it, but you can prove it's existence, unlike "god's".


    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I have no agenda other than a strong urge to know the truth.
    Then I am asking you, why you are having a preset opinion about that.
    Look at all the proves for evolution which are not accordable with genesis at all.

    Evolution pretty much proved that intelligent design just can't exist.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    nirthil

    You know, people do belief in things they can't see, like gravity. You can't see it, but you can prove it's existence, unlike "god's".




    Then I am asking you, why you are having a preset opinion about that.
    Look at all the proves for evolution which are not accordable with genesis at all.

    Evolution pretty much proved that intelligent design just can't exist.
    I wish you had read my previous postings. To bring you up to date about what I believe. Here they are:


    Why is it that you and all the other atheist on scam.com can't read. I have said numerous times that I believe in evolution, but I don't believe everything came from nothing. For that, I don't believe evolution can explain "origins of species," just their evolution since they were created millions of years ago. Remember when I proposed that paradise was perhaps during the Cambrian explosion and after the fall men e v o l v e d to what they are today? Do you remember that? I have never said that evolution is not possible. I've said clearly many times that evolution can't explain and has failed to explain ORIGINS. Where did species come from? That's the important question.

    I posted the above today.

    All I know is limited to a few variables. From there, I've filled in between the lines. You know what I know because I've posted most of it. The key variables are as follows:

    1. The universe was created as a prison for Satan.

    a. Satan was the first act of rebellion in heaven.

    b. God had no choice but to eliminate Satan. Satan attacked the angels and caused them harm. Satan is the Great Destroyer.

    c. Satan cannot escape from his prison. He can however cause havoc in the universe.

    2. God created paradise on earth.

    3. Satan was allowed to enter paradise and tempt God's creatures.

    4. Everything e v o l v e d from the fall of paradise to where we are today.

    5. Angels informed God that homo sapiens where beginning to dominate all other species.

    6. God decided to intervene.

    a. God choose a small tribe to represent Him.

    b. He communicated with Moses and the prophets what He wanted from His chosen people.

    c. To fulfill his promises and to redeem humankind, he came into the world as Jesus.

    d. God (Jesus) was murdered by men. The gospels are a cover story for the truth. For the true story of Jesus see Revelations 11.

    Because of what happened to God there's no salvation.

    Therefore, I see no reason for God to revisit earth.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    iamwil

    Chance,

    I have a notion that I should respect an honor each person's religion.

    You challenge that notion.

    I have a notion that the Christ spirit is within us all.

    I can't read your posts as it tends to dispel that notion as well.

    I believe the lord works in mysterious ways...

    I thank you for validating that....]
    I appreciate your comment.

    I am not insensitive to the religious beliefs of others. My only motivation has been to discover the truth about God.

    Who wants to think there is no salvation? I do not know with certainty that is the case, I just don't believe it.

    I have no quarrel with your claim that the spirit of Christ within us. It is for each man or woman to find the truth about God. For me, the spirit of God is a man made belief (the gospels and Paul). I believe the prophets were the last men to have true insight about God.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    Error of repeat posting.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Error of repeat posting.
    you know, it crossed my mind this is just a complex/simple believe in jesus ploy!? either consciously or unconsciously!? think pharaoh and his role in the scheme of things!? YWFT suggested a man could be a devil all his life and at the last minute receive christ and go to heaven!? i argued for not intentionally!?
    if someone has a supposed option, and you threaten to take that away!? they may tend to defend it to the point of taking it!? PSYCHE 101!? :cwm2: :spin2: : :
    Last edited by lexx; 08-08-2010 at 11:17 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    112

    Re: God is Holy but we are not.

    If we all just assumed no God existed, even if we thought that was wrong, that would stop the conflict.
    [/quote]

    Seems to make everyone then "responsible" for their own actions....and held accountable for them as well. No more blaming ill will on the 'Devil made me do it' ! or " It's the Jesus in Me that you are seeing, I can do nothing good of myself " B.S.

    I don't even want to think that all along.....all the conflict and suffering has been a concentric effort to deal with the GOD issue. But sure makes a whole lotta sense..... and Hitler was obsessed with the '*****' that Jesus of the New Testament commanded.... and that drove him to 'nuts' to learn how to achieve the same fame.

    It's as much fun in life 'Not' to believe in anything spiritual than it is to believe the hogwash of Christiandoms 32,000 plus versions of the GOD gene.
    "Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."

    -Tim Minchin



    I don't have the evidence to prove that God doesn't exist, but I so strongly suspect that he doesn't that I don't want to waste my time.

    -Isaac Asimov





Similar Threads

  1. Holy $hit - Melaleuca is now saying...
    By SuperUltraJulie in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 01:44 PM
  2. Holy spider!
    By Lord_jag in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 05:59 PM
  3. Holy Crap!!
    By Passing Gas in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 11:06 PM
  4. Holy Excavation
    By jacksaw_hacksaw in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-20-2006, 10:34 AM
  5. The Holy Grail
    By Amitola in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 10:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •