+ Reply to Thread

MidCountry Bank and Homeworx Partners

I just want to say that there was a posting on these two companies under mortgage scams and the comments were removed. I hope that there were viewers who saw the posts so that they could make a decision to turn away and find somewhere else to do business with. I personally was humiliated by these two companies and went into debt because of it. Please do your homework when deciding to do business with this bank. As you can see there were many post about them and it was removed. This is because there have been many people hurt. I know several and have there names. Stay away if you can. I am only helping you from a possible nightmare. I only post this that someone else can be saved from possible fraud. I settled with this bank and did not receive what was promised to me. I will make every effort to help the next person. I have received marks at the credit bureau that have wrong dates and wrong comments made. That is OK because the credit bureau isn't my life. Get over yourself Dean!

By the way...if you are considering being your own contractor by building your own home, better make sure the appraisal is done right, meaning they will not fix the appraisal to fit the loan. Better make sure you are going to actually get the 20% equity. Lastly, better make sure at closing, this bank doesn't change numbers without your approval, add an application or slip something in at the end because it happened to me at Midcountry Bank.
    Last edited by bucket16; 07-07-2010 at 08:04 PM.

Re: MidCountry Bank and Homeworx Partners

In California, MidCountry operated much the same way with a company called COBS (complete Owner Builder Services). I am going after them in San Diego. Wish me lucfk.

Quote Originally Posted by bucket16 View Post
    I just want to say that there was a posting on these two companies under mortgage scams and the comments were removed. I hope that there were viewers who saw the posts so that they could make a decision to turn away and find somewhere else to do business with. I personally was humiliated by these two companies and went into debt because of it. Please do your homework when deciding to do business with this bank. As you can see there were many post about them and it was removed. This is because there have been many people hurt. I know several and have there names. Stay away if you can. I am only helping you from a possible nightmare. I only post this that someone else can be saved from possible fraud. I settled with this bank and did not receive what was promised to me. I will make every effort to help the next person. I have received marks at the credit bureau that have wrong dates and wrong comments made. That is OK because the credit bureau isn't my life. Get over yourself Dean!

By the way...if you are considering being your own contractor by building your own home, better make sure the appraisal is done right, meaning they will not fix the appraisal to fit the loan. Better make sure you are going to actually get the 20% equity. Lastly, better make sure at closing, this bank doesn't change numbers without your approval, add an application or slip something in at the end because it happened to me at Midcountry Bank.

Good Luck! It seems to be a pattern. Hopefully you will have some luck and teach a hard lesson. Lawyers don't want to deal with this issue and if a lawyer was strong enough they would make a fortune on a case like this. It seems the bank likes this kind of business. Sells you the loan, property gets over appraised, can't finish job or changes terms and then you lose and they get the property back and re-sell it so they can maybe get some more closing costs and another loan on it. Who knows, the possibilities are endless for money making. Maybe they are a progressive lefty bank and are affiliated with Acorn or some other organization. Big government bails the banks out and the banks never learn the lesson and so this keeps continuing. I hope they end up with 1000's of home they can't re-sell.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickherman View Post
    In California, MidCountry operated much the same way with a company called COBS (complete Owner Builder Services). I am going after them in San Diego. Wish me lucfk.
    After nearly four years of litigation, we finally concluded our case with MidCountry Bank relating to an owner-builder loan. The details of the settlement are confidential but I would welcome the opportunity to represent other borrowers who feel they may have a claim against MidCountry Bank. I can be found in the California State Bar website or at patrickhermanlaw@gmail.com.