+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Legit Work From Home Jobs In 2010?

I am looking for some legitimate work from home jobs in 2010. Perhaps some new ones have popped up. Jobs that pay per hour where one can get a guaranteed paycheck just like in the real world. Please add link, company name, type of work, and, or,salary.

Thanks
    Last edited by joe_d; 07-05-2010 at 06:20 AM.

Re: Any Legit Work From Home Jobs In 2010?

What type of job are you looking for? There are sales jobs, telemarketing jobs, writing jobs, editing jobs.. what exactly are you qualified for?

Quote Originally Posted by joe_d View Post
    I am looking for some legitimate work from home jobs in 2010. Perhaps some new ones have popped up. Jobs that pay per hour where one can get a guaranteed paycheck just like in the real world. Please send link, company name, type of work, and, or,salary.

Thanks

I am open to all types, customer service perhaps.

joe d I have sent you a private message

Quote Originally Posted by nickleodeon View Post
    joe d I have sent you a private message
    I replied....you can say it here if it is legit JOB like an hourly salary. Not an opportunity, those come a dime a dozen, and, I know what I want to do on the side already.
    Anywho, back on topic.
    Last edited by joe_d; 07-05-2010 at 08:07 AM.

Very correct.. if you can't state it publicly.. then don't bother.

Here are a few companies that hire for customer service positions from home. There are many more but this will give you an idea of what you are looking at:

Baby to Bee http://www.babytobee.net/jobform.asp
    GE Call Centers http://www.gecallcentercareers.com/
    Grindstone US/CAN www.Grindstone.com
    VIPdesk www.Vipdesk.com
    Last edited by katiescorner; 07-05-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner View Post
    Very correct.. if you can't state it publicly.. then don't bother.

Here are a few companies that hire for customer service positions from home. There are many more but this will give you an idea of what you are looking at:

Baby to Bee http://www.babytobee.net/jobform.asp
    GE Call Centers http://www.gecallcentercareers.com/
    Grindstone US/CAN www.Grindstone.com
    VIPdesk www.Vipdesk.com
    Thanks for the links...vipdesk seems to be the only work from home that job. GE doesn't seem to be work from home unless I over looked something. Grindstone seems to be geared towards some kind of sales position. Nothing wrong with that, but, I am not my cup of tea. The first link didnt work by the way.

Conclusion: Given the nature of those jobs maybe I am in over my head trying to work for a job at home. I could answer emails and chat perhaps. If I am lucky maybe you have links to jobs more of the nature of what I already have like my computer, and, email.

Sorry about the baby to be link. I will have to update that one. All of the companies hire for work at home positions but like with all companies they need to have an opening.

You aren't in over your head, you are just seeing the reality of work at home jobs. They aren't any easier to get than an offline job and most do require experience.

Take keyforcash.com they hire for data entry jobs but you have to pass their tests and then you get to be on a waiting list for who knows how long. It's just the nature of the beast.

Most people who work at home with "jobs", have some experience and also work for 2-3 different companies in order to get the hours they need.

This isn't to say it's all a lost cause. You can do things like cloud crowd, mturk and surveys to make a decent amount each month but it's not a GUARANTEED amount.

You can sell things on ebay or *****slist and make extra money.

There are tons of ways to make money online but you have to find the things that are going to fit with your schedule and lifestyle.

Thanks for the links...vipdesk seems to be the only work from home that job. GE doesn't seem to be work from home unless I over looked something. Grindstone seems to be geared towards some kind of sales position. Nothing wrong with that, but, I am not my cup of tea. The first link didnt work by the way.

Conclusion: Given the nature of those jobs maybe I am in over my head trying to work for a job at home. I could answer emails and chat perhaps. If I am lucky maybe you have links to jobs more of the nature of what I already have like my computer, and, email.

I am open to all types, customer service perhaps.
    Here is a pretty comprehensive list of companies offering call center/customer service work at home jobs:

http://www.ratracerebellion.com/CS_Comparison.html

Of course some/many of the companies might not be hiring at the moment, but you can always send in your resume.

Also google "work at home' "work at home moms" you can find many work at home related websites and forums. My favorite two are WAHM.com and WorkPlaceLikeHome.com/forum - at both sites you can find work at home job leads and some employers even recruit at their sites (such as wham.com forum).

Hope it helps, and good luck to you!

What happened to all of the posts?
    "Wag more, bark less."

not sure. all my messages in my inbox are blank too!

what post ? work at home jobs ? i need one that is honest, got any ?

I have a friend who has been working for the ARISE company for over a year. He sits his own hours and works this job around his full-time job. He is a professional and still finds this job rewarding financially.

Quote Originally Posted by elroyco@bellsouth.net View Post
    I have a friend who has been working for the ARISE company for over a year. He sits his own hours and works this job around his full-time job. He is a professional and still finds this job rewarding financially.
    I received the "invitation" from Arise.com this morning. What struck me about it more than anything else is (a) The startup costs.... in the UK probably around £500 and (b) That nowhere does it say how much they pay, only what their charges are for becoming an "ACP".
    I did however manage to extract the most useful bits from FAQs for anyone considering working for this shower.

"This opportunity will be replacing my full-time job. Are the Service Fees competitive to a full-time job?

This opportunity is very competitive. The amount of money your Virtual Services Corporation (“VSC”) can earn will depend on the amount of time you want to work and your performance. In fact, many of our clients offer extra incentives for good performance"

... er HOW "competitive" would that be then? Having seen $8 an hour quoted, I think you could earn more than that by cleaning toilets.

" Is there any guarantee I will be selected for a client opportunity?

There is no guarantee that you will be selected for a client opportunity. Your selection for a client opportunity will depend on your experience and whether you meet the qualifications required by the client."

Ah I see ... so in other words there is NO guarantee of any work at all is there?... and of course no refunds should ( as is virtually certain ) you don't get any work.

So, there it is in a nutshell, this is a viable business but only for ARISE.COM because they take your money but offer nothing whatsoever concrete in return. In a worldwide recession, jokers like this pop up on a regular basis just to drive the unemployed deeper into the mire. Absolutely shameful.

I note that the posters who say positives about this scam all seem to have a suspiciously similar cadence.

In short, AVOID AT ALL COSTS any WAH scheme/scam that offers no guarantees and I've yet to see one that does:rotz:.:zx11pissed:

"
    Last edited by katiescorner; 11-04-2010 at 04:45 PM.

You can look at http://workathomejobsblog.net/ where several legitimate work at home jobs are posted from reputed companies such as Humana, KForce, Enterprise Rent a Car, American Express. Kelly Services etc in US and Canada.

As a warning, to avoid scams never pay any money to get a work at home job. If they ask for money to get a job then it is a scam.

Freelance writing on iwriter might just work for you. I have been working on the site for sometime and am getting paid.