+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Come Out From Among Them, And Be Ye Separate

Modern Christianity today is a lot like Baskin Robbins ice cream - there's 101 varieties. Unfortunately a number of these varieties of Christianity aren't going to lead one to heaven in the end. So it's not enough just to say you accept the gospel message and believe - that Jesus Christ died on the cross, arose from the dead three days later, and has now ascended to heaven and will soon come again. What kind of Christian are you going to be? Many people today are the type of Christians who rarely attend church. Their name is on a church membership list somewhere but they rarely, if ever, attend. But their funeral will be there when they die. I know not everyone is healthy enough to attend church, and God would understand that. But the Bible says "not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together." Hebrews 10:25-27.
    Then there's the kind of Christians that rarely if ever read the Bible. Again if you don't have one and can't afford it or can't obtain one in your circumstances God will understand, but if you have one collecting dust on your end table that's a horse of another color. If you're able to read and it's available, you'd better be reading it. Then there's those who read it and don't do what it says. Can I pick on my Baptist friends now? You shouldn't be saying "I know it seems to talk about divine healing in there, but that's not for today. I know it talks about the Baptism in the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in other tongues, but that was just to get the church off to a good start in the first century. That casting out of demons business, too." We need to be hearers of the word and doers of the word.
    That's why I recommend reading "Pilgrim's Progress" because it's still very true today. They have in there a character called Talkative who has the Christian talk but he doesn't separate from the world and live a holy life. The churches are full of this type, even behind the pulpits. They can preach a good sermon but then they secretly are practicing homosexuals. The Roman Catholic church has had a huge scandal lately with literally hundreds of clergy being accused of sexually abusing children. And most of this is gay and Pope Benedict helped to cover this up for years. Just having a lot of knowledge of the Bible and being able to talk about it intelligently doesn't make you a real Christian, my friend. Jesus Christ said about Jewish leaders that they were hypocrites or actors. They had the talk, but didn't walk the walk.
    They were showing up at the synagogue every week, and bragged about their fasting two days a week and tithing. But they were proud and violent. They were quick to pick up stones to kill a woman caught in adultery, and they tried to kill Jesus on more than one occasion. Jesus Christ pointed out to them that they claimed to be the seed of Abraham, but Abraham hadn't acted like that. And I'm afraid a lot of "Christians" are the same way today. Jesus Christ told us to love our enemies but Pat Robertson, for example, is recommending assassinating Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. Or someone like Hal Lindsay is recommending invading Iran. Jesus Christ didn't call His true church to go and kill and torture people but to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. Without partiality. See Mark 16:15-18.
    We need to come out of the world and be separate. See 2 Corinthians 6:14-18. Come out of the Masonic Lodges, which incidentally even a lot of ministers are members of today. Come out of friendships with unconverted Jews. Preach to them, yes, but if they reject the gospel move on and preach to others as the early church did. "Come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." 2 Corinthians 6:17,18.

Re: Come Out From Among Them, And Be Ye Separate

Mark chapter 12 verses 28-31

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

"The most important one," Jesus answered, "is this: Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbour as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."

Matthew 22:37-40

37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

38This is the first and greatest commandment.

39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.

40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

That's what it means to be a "Christian". Beyond this: it's just fluff.

LM

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask View Post

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

"The most important one," Jesus answered, "is this: Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbour as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."

37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

LM

And besides that, you're wasting your time lookig for a defined doctrine of truth, as Jesus pointed out in Matthew 24:23.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask View Post

LM

Oh I see... love your neighbor as yourself... but don't you dare provide them basic health care services, right?

It makes so much sense now! :freak3:
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    Oh I see... love your neighbor as yourself... but don't you dare provide them basic health care services, right?

It makes so much sense now! :freak3:
    If you wish to take money out of your own pocket to help others, there's nothig wrong with it, but if you pass laws to make people pay taxes for healthcare and other nonsense, it's immoral.

Do anything you want with your own money, but don't force others to cough up.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    If you wish to take money out of your own pocket to help others, there's nothig wrong with it, but if you pass laws to make people pay taxes for healthcare and other nonsense, it's immoral.

Do anything you want with your own money, but don't force others to cough up.
    but if you pass laws to make people pay taxes for healthcare and other nonsense, it's immoral

Really?..."immoral"? I think we would be much better off without people like you.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    but if you pass laws to make people pay taxes for healthcare and other nonsense, it's immoral

Really?..."immoral"? I think we would be much better off without people like you.
    And so we pass from theft to murder with a keystroke. I think we should take guns away from other people. Makes it harder to shoot 'em.

And so we pass from theft to murder with a keystroke. I think we should take guns away from other people. Makes it harder to shoot 'em.
    And from suggested murder to revenge murder...

Way to be a hypocrite... So your love for your neighbor only extends until you actually have to do something to show it?

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

"I think..."

No you don't
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

"I think..."

No you don't
    You're right. We should take guns away from other people so I can shoot 'em easier, just like you want to pass laws to take money out of people's pockets because it suits your narrow minded sense of importance.

You're right. We should take guns away from other people so I can shoot 'em easier, just like you want to pass laws to take money out of people's pockets because it suits your narrow minded sense of importance.
    Captain hypocrite strikes again!

Whatever you say.

Whatever you say.
    Obviously, since I've studied economics for years, and I've been predicting the state of increasing debt we have today since the days of Reagan.

You think there would be such emphasis on helping your fellow man, if it was actually paid for by raising taxes?

They don't raise taxes, they borrow money, then they gradually raise taxes over a long term to pay for the borrowed money.

Who stands to gain? The people who loan the money, the central banking system. The more they get into us for debts we owe due to our generosity, the greater the control, and the more laws can be passed to control us through public debt.

The more public debt, the greater the necessity of raising interest rates on loans, which then chokes the economy, and produces more people failing who were operating on the fringe at the old interest rates. Now they have to beg for government intervention to take care of them. Government borrows more money, then is forced to increase taxes. Not by much, just enough to cover little incremental pay increases.

Then the govco hits on this strategy of stimulating the economy by loaning out to just anyone who wants low interest loans to build houses.

Whoops! Bad loans, made on already existing mortgages, mortgages themselves used as collateral to back the bad loans. Bang! Dominoes! Credit collapse!

What do we do? Big banks and investment houses, "too big to fail". Gotta print more money, bigger debts.

What do the "experts" say? Keep interest rates low, keep printing money, stimulate the economy, take care of those who need it, print more and more...

You don't get it. All you're doing is contributing to your own enslavement. Everyt time you get a law passed to take care of another person conned by the system, the banks go "Ka-ching!"

No we would be alot better without people like YOU!

Yeah, I'm just terrible because I feel compassion for my fellow man. I feel the need to help others when they are down or defend those when they cannot defend themselves.

Perhaps you can take some of the pseudo-gawd like qualities you all claim to have and go yourself.

Yeah, I'm just terrible because I feel compassion for my fellow man. I feel the need to help others when they are down or defend those when they cannot defend themselves.

Perhaps you can take some of the pseudo-gawd like qualities you all claim to have and go yourself.
    Talk is cheap, your nothing but a rude loud mouth asshole, now go back to your moma's basement ole one eye