+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scam?

Scam?

I am job hunting and posted my resume online and got this response (after one email asking if I was still looking for a job). I'm skeptical of any job that requires investing money. Not to mention it's an accounting firm that pays their clients instead of the other way around.

I run a private accounting firm and am currently looking to
    strengthen my organizational structure by adding a Personal Assistant
    that works part time... All you will be doing for me is mailing this
    checks that I will tutor you how to make to a daily list of my client.
    The list will be sent to you via email daily. I will be paying for the
    postage as well, plus you will only have to work only one or two hour
    per day.You are paid a constant $1000 monthly working from your home
    with an offer to make extra $100 - $400 once your honesty as been
    established ,also if you are willing to work full time no
    problem..month as a part time employee

**So please do go to any Office Depot,Staples {Versa Check Gold 2010
    and Business check paper} so that you can start the tutorial ,you will
    be ready to send out your first list by noon tomorrow.
    ** I will need following details should you be interested in the
    position as i need all the p i can get and will love that you start
    right away ...

FULL NAME....
    FULL ADDRESS
    ZIP CODE...
    STATE.....
    CITY.........
    AGE.......
    CELL PHONE NUMBER .......

You will simply be dispatching issued checks to a list of my clients
    daily ,please visit the Office Depot,Staples or Wal-M art store to get
    the {Versa Check Gold 2010 and Business check paper} so that you can
    start the tutorial ,you will be ready to send out your first list by
    noon Tomorrow
    MATERIALS
    1.VERSA CHECK SOFTWARE2010 GOLD
    2.VERSA BUSINESS CHECK PAPER
    3.*MAGNETIC INK*
    4,White plain papers
    s.printer and scanner

Please note that everything purchased while working on your Job during
    the course of the month will be reimburse to you along with your
    monthly pay.
    Regards.

Re: Scam?

Check processing is always 100% a scam.

Do you have their names and email addresses? Always good to post them to help other people find this post.
    Online Scam Reviews at IveTriedThat.com

I agree with IveTriedThat, 100% scam.

That is the 'print fake checks' type scam.

The scammer needs you to print off his fake checks and use a stolen UPS/FedEx shipping account number to send them to victims. Those victims think they have a real job cashing checks and Western Union-ing the cash back the scammer. The only real job there is you paying back UPS/FedEx for the shipping charges, envelopes, and labels when those companies figure out you are the one sending out fake checks.

I also agree with IveTriedThat, that posting up the scammer's email address and any other emails will help make your post more googlable for other potential victims to find. Besides doing that you could let c_raigslist know that a scammer has posted a fake job. In the end, just stop emailing that scammer. He has one job in life, convincing people to send out fake checks and Western Union him their money. No need to tell him that you know he is scammer, it isn't worth your time and effort.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Thanks for the responses. Sadly all the responses to my resume have been scams (though all different).

The name used was del michael and the email address was: godgodohamforme4@gmail.com

Is this a scam:

We are a company that conduct surveys and evaluate other companies.Once we have a contract to do so,we direct our agents to the
    company or outlet, and they will be given the funds to carry out the job (either purchase things or require services), your job will be to
    prints out checks Like payroll and mail out envelopes (payment slips) to our Agents using UPS and FedEx Courier to our Agents all over the U.S. We will provide you with a UPS and FedEx account and you need to locate UPS and FedEx drop boxes in your area.Our candidate must have privacy where he stays because the payment slips are highly confidential(situation of loss will not be accepted). We will be
    paying a minimum of 1000-1500/month and 300/week depending on the job carried out , The more you work the higher you are paid only that you just have to carry out your job deligently. Your payments will be paid monthly.

This are the equipment you will need to have for the job to get started
    1 Printer
    2 Versa Ink or Magnectic Ink
    3 Blank ChecK Papers
    4 Envelopes
    5 Check Software
    Let me know the ones you have and the ones you don't have....
    You can easily buy the materials from any office supplies/stores
    around or purchase everything from this links bellow.
    http://www.g7ps.com/scripts/instantcheckssolution.asp
    and do you have internet connect at home ?

We need you to get back to us with the details,

Full Names:
    Full Address : (NO PO BOX)
    City:
    Zip Code:
    State:
    Home Phone:
    Mobile Phone:
    Marital Status:
    Education level:
    Brief description of work experience:
    Employment desired: Full time/Part time:
    Present Occupation :
    Means of communication will be via Phone and email.

We shall get back to you after receiving these information to confirm
    your placement in our company.

6. 06-21-2010, 07:06 AM

Reason
    duplicate

Yes.. that too is a fake check printing scam

I agree with Katiescorner, that is just another 'print fake checks' type scam.

There are not legit jobs printing, mailing or cashing checks.

There are not legit jobs picking up and/or sending cash via Western Union or moneygram.

There are not legit jobs that require opening a bank account.

There are not legit jobs accepting packages and reshipping them to the scammer.

Always ask/post before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

@Justin1s
    Could you post up that scammer's email address? It will just help make your post more googlable for other potential victims to find.

Some helpful vids on this are here:

http://fakechecks.org/

Reading this blog makes me believe I may have been someone on one of those lists, since he is on the *****slit now trying to guarantee payment via check, overnight, and that his mover will come to my physical address to pick up the items.

Something has to be done to stop these people. I don't know any other places to post at about this, but if you do, then copy and paste this anyplace you can! Here are the two emails I have for this person:
    d.koko01@gmail.com

godgodohamforme4@gmail.com

Good luck out there, it's a crazy messed up world FULL of these people!

Reading this blog makes me believe I may have been someone on one of those lists, since he is on the *****slit now trying to guarantee payment via check, overnight, and that his mover will come to my physical address to pick up the items.
    Unfortunately, once you reply to a scammer you are on his 'potential sucker' list. He will try again and again with another fake name and free email address to convince you to send him your cash. He has probably sold your email address to all his scamming buddies so they will also try to convince you to cash a fake check, accept a spoofed bank deposit or stolen credit card payment by paypal and then Western Union your cash back to them.

When posting on c_raigslist or any selling/auction site, it is always a a good idea to open a new, free email address just for that purpose. This way, your real life email address is not cluttered with spam and scam emails.

Glad you see that you know how to spot a fake buyer or seller online. Whenever suspicious or simply curious, always post/ask here and on every scam-warner-fraud-watching site you can find before taking a chance and losing money and/or possessions to a scammer.

I have some furniture for sale on *****slist, and recived the following email, from
    godgodohamforme4@gmail.com
    "Thanks for the prompt response and i will love to make an instant
    purchase,so please and please do withdraw the advert from *****slist,i
    don't mind adding an extra $10.00 for you to take the advert down
    from *****slist and also with the shipping funds so that i can be rest
    assured that am in hand of the item. I will also like you to know that
    i will be paying via check,and it will be over night payment due to
    the distance. You don't need to bother yourself with the shipment.i
    will do take care of that. So i will need you to provide me with the
    following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

1.Full name on the check.
    2.Full Physical address to post the check
    3.City, State and Zip Code
    4.Home & Cell Phone to contact you.

Once again, I will like you to know that you will not be responsible
    for shipping...i will have my mover come over as soon as you have
    cashed the check. Thanks..

Hopefully to read back from you

Sounds like the same scenario.

Sounds like the same scenario.
    Yes, that is the same scenario, the 'buyer' will have another victim send you a fake check and then want you to Western Union the 'excess' to the 'shipper'. The 'shipper' is just the scammer using another of his fake names and email addresses.

Notice how the 'buyer' never mentions what you are selling by name? He uses the word item, that is because he is sending the exact same email to dozens of c-raigslist sellers and the scammer can't be bothered to even read your ad to see what you are selling.

please do withdraw the advert from *****slist,i
    don't mind adding an extra $10.00 for you to take the advert down
    from *****slist
    The 'buyer' wants the ad pulled so no other scammers will contact you, he wants you to cash his fake check and Western Union your cash to him, not some other scammer's fake check.

You don't need to bother yourself with the shipment.i
    will do take care of that.
    and
    I will like you to know that you will not be responsible
    for shipping...i will have my mover come over as soon as you have
    cashed the check.
    Both those sentences are to set you up to Western Union cash to the 'shipper'.

Just ignore and delete any 'buyers' that ask you to pull the ad, offer to pay shipping, offer to send a check overnight and/or demand you use their 'shipper'.

Always google email addresses, names used, phone numbers given, company names mentioned and even sentences from the email, you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and on every scam-warner-fraud-watching site you can find before taking a chance and losing money and/or possessions to a scammer.

WHAT A SCAM!!!! Do people actually fall for this without any search on the company they want to work for? Email from people overseas with NO phone numbers to contact them and itís not even a company email address like mike-payroll@companyname.com but its some gmail address, and they donít want to talk to you but they want to hire you for accounts payable/receivable!!!!! (aka MONEY MULE for fake checks). They use a real company names but no one knows who they are if you call the company HR department. And this damn G7PS website, may its owners burn in hell, operates freely as the connection for these nigerian or whatever they are scam artist to look real. G7PS.com sells fake printers. hello people!! a $200 INKJET printer can not print a REAL bank check. Only $2000 LASER printer can do this. How can the FBI let this site operate? Itís putting U.S. citizens behind bars for becoming money mules yet it keeps letting this f**king site still operate. LETS STOP THE MADNESS PEOPLE. HELP BRING G7PS DOWN.