+ Reply to Thread

Yes Dr. David K is a liar

I went to David Kleiman after hearing advertising that was completely false. The advertising said a price that was at least half of what they wanted from me after going there for an exam. There is nothing special about the lasik I need and they are complete liars, yes Dr. David Kleiman is a liar. You can see through the whole process what they are up to and at the end they tell me the procedure is going to cost almost 5000 dollars after advertising less than half of that. David Kleiman is not a good doctor I hope other people will know what to do when they hear of him.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Re: Yes Dr. David is a liar

Quote Originally Posted by johnfranlkin View Post
    I went to David after hearing advertising that was completely false. The advertising said a price that was at least half of what they wanted from me after going there for an exam. There is nothing special about the lasik I need and they are complete liars, yes Dr. David is a liar. You can see through the whole process what they are up to and at the end they tell me the procedure is going to cost almost 5000 dollars after advertising less than half of that. David is not a good doctor I hope other people will know what to do when they hear of him.
    Did you mention to them that the advertising quoted half that amount and wanted to know why they wanted double?

Have you gone and gotten a second opinion and pricing elsewhere to know whether or not your lasik was going to be "nothing special" and that the price was over inflated?

Without some proof or better explanation, this seems that you are only venting, not exposing a scam. At anyrate, this is in the wrong forum, unless this guy can manage lasik surgery over the Internet? Highly unlikely.

Lady Mod

Re: Yes Dr. David K is a liar

April 23, 2005

DR. DAVID KLEIMAN AND DR. ANTHONY EVANGELISTA FINED BY TEXAS STATE BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS
    State fines two eye doctors $ 25,000 each for unsubstantiated ads

Maria M. Perotin
    Fort Worth Star Telegram

Two ophthalmologists at an Arlington eye-care center have been fined $ 25,000 apiece for running advertisements that couldn't be substantiated.

The Texas State Board of Medical Examiners reprimanded David Kleiman and Anthony Evangelista for ads published in various Dallas-Fort Worth newspapers.

The ads for the Kleiman-Evangelista Eye Center contained statements such as "nearly three out of four patients are seeing better than 20/20 vision! As for that other one patient, well, they'll just have to settle for 'perfect.'"

Another ad urged consumers to "trust your eyes to Tarrant County's leading LASIK surgeons" -- even though the eye center doesn't have data verifying that its doctors perform the most LASIK surgeries in the county, according to the board.

The board's rules prohibit ads that are false, deceptive or misleading, including those containing claims that cannot be substantiated.
    http://www.lasikfraud.com/news/archives/000119.html

PUBLIC VERIFICATION / PHYSICIAN PROFILE

PHYSICIAN

NAME: DAVID A KLEIMAN MD DATE: 06/16/2010
    Action Date: 02/09/2009
    Description: STATUS CLEARED 02/09/2009

Action Date: 02/06/2009
    Description: ON FEBRUARY 6, 2009, THE BOARD AND DAVID A. KLEIMAN, M.D., ENTERED A MINISTERIAL ORDER IMPOSING ADMINISTRATIVE PENALTY IMPOSING AN ADMINISTRATIVE FINE OF $1000 FOR ADVERTISING PROFESSIONAL SUPERIORITY THAT IS NOT READILY SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION.

Action Date: 06/02/2005
    Description: STATUS CLEARED 06/02/2005

Action Date: 04/08/2005
    Description: ON APRIL 8, 2005, THE BOARD AND DR. KLEIMAN ENTERED INTO AN AGREED ORDER PUBLICLY REPRIMANDING DR. KLEIMAN AND ASSESSING AN ADMINISTRATIVE PENALTY OF $25,000. THE ACTION WAS BASED ON ALLEGATIONS DR. KLEIMAN DISSEMINATED ADVERTISEMENTS THAT VIOLATED BOARD RULES REGARDING MAKING CLAIMS AND REPRESENTATIONS THAT ARE NOT SUBJECT TO SUBSTANTIATION OR VERIFICATION.

Action Date: 03/31/2000
    Description: AN AGREED ORDER WAS ENTERED ON 3/31/2000 PUBLICLY REPRIMANDING THE PHYSICIAN. ACTION DUE TO FAILURE TO PRACTICE MEDICINE IN AN ACCEPTABLE MANNER CONSISTENT WITH PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE.
    http://reg.tmb.state.tx.us/OnLineVer...=63226&Type=LP

Submitted: Monday, October 08, 2007
    Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007
    Kleiman Evangelista - Dr.David Kleiman & Dr.Anthony Evangelista

Oh my goodness, I went to the Kleiman Evangelista Lasik Eye Center in Dallas Texas and they wanted to charge me almost 4 times what they had said on the radio. I spent my entire day there going from waiting room to waiting room and in the end they just were way more than they said they were going to be. I am 65 years old and I was not treated very nice at all. I do not understand why they have to lie and for me I am not used to doctors acting like used car salesman to get business. THis is very bad and my experience there was extremley negative. They should stop false advertising. I had my hopes up that I could get this lasik and now, from them it is way above my budget. They are wrong and not nice over there.

Jessecantsee
    Dallas, Texas
    U.S.A.
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/Eye-care...-eye-f748d.htm

Sojustask.. there is something goofy about this post. Just not sure what yet.. This morning there has been a sudden surge of first time posters posting about different doctors.. All basically saying the same thing but different.. all in the internet forum.

I haven't figured out why yet.. but.. if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck..

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner View Post
    Sojustask.. there is something goofy about this post. Just not sure what yet.. This morning there has been a sudden surge of first time posters posting about different doctors.. All basically saying the same thing but different.. all in the internet forum.

I haven't figured out why yet.. but.. if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck..
    Hmm... I saw 3 posts about Lasik surgeons today, and other than the one I quoted about, the others appear fairly clean on their licenses, at least.

Full moon? nope.
    All from Texas... hmm...
    Competitor slamming others?
    Someone trying to clean up the Lasik industry, as it is very competitive, and I suspect I could find lots of license infractions if I started checking...
    Spam?

Google Lasik scam... no time to check the validity of pages...

http://www.lasikfraud.com/
    http://www.usaeyes-fraud.com/reports...y-usaeyes.html

Don't know if these pages are reliable...

Interesting... very interesting...

Doctors have the degree to give a new life to patients, and they are doing very good job. But now a days many doctors misuse their degree. Like David Kleiman is also one type of lier doctor, he is also misuse the best degree in his future and not checking well. After rechecking patients his salary is going in high stage or giving high medicines.

7. 01-29-2011, 02:40 PM

Reason
    spam