A pictorial essay for everyman

http://www.bibhasde.com/ageoffakery.html

Re: New essay: Physics in the Age of Fakery

Quote Originally Posted by aguest View Post
    FYI:

PHYSICS IN THE AGE OF FAKERY:
    A pictorial essay for everyman

http://www.bibhasde.com/ageoffakery.html
    In the end, your colorful site is mostly about your grudge against Mather and Smoot. That is fine and good and you may be right. I certainly agree with your comments about Depak Chopra and others. Also, I think the whole Global Warming circus is a fraud. Many scientists have voiced disagreement with the Big Bang Theory, you are not alone. Personally, I think there is convincing evidence on both sides but to me, the Big Bang theory sounds absurd. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. What I am interested in is why this hard obsession about Mather, COBE, and Smoot?
    I want to ask you a question. If tomorrow all news networks announced that these people were frauds and gave you the credit for pointing it out, would your mission be accomplished? What other ambitions do you have, scientifically, that interest you? I know you are a scientist and have worked with prominent scientists in the past. Are you ever going to realize your obsession and get beryond it? Are you doing research that will bring new understanding to cosmology? If not, you should. This obsession of yours is stunting your intellectual growth. You won't live forever so get back to academia and leave a legacy of scholarly work for others to build on. Apparently, few here ever bother to engage you. You throw out a link and run. How about try something different?
    Last edited by phlipper; 06-15-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phlipper View Post
    In the end, your colorful site is mostly about your grudge against Mather and Smoot. That is fine and good and you may be right. I certainly agree with your comments about Depak Chopra and others. Also, I think the whole Global Warming circus is a fraud. Many scientists have voiced disagreement with the Big Bang Theory, you are not alone. Personally, I think there is convincing evidence on both sides but to me, the Big Bang theory sounds absurd. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. What I am interested in is why this hard obsession about Mather, COBE, and Smoot?
    I want to ask you a question. If tomorrow all news networks announced that these people were frauds and gave you the credit for pointing it out, would your mission be accomplished? What other ambitions do you have, scientifically, that interest you? I know you are a scientist and have worked with prominent scientists in the past. Are you ever going to realize your obsession and get beryond it? Are you doing research that will bring new understanding to cosmology? If not, you should. This obsession of yours is stunting your intellectual growth. You won't live forever so get back to academia and leave a legacy of scholarly work for others to build on. Apparently, few here ever bother to engage you. You throw out a link and run. How about try something different?
    He makes drive through threads here linking to his insane "the-sky-is-falling" site. And never, ever, responds to questions.

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    He makes drive through threads here linking to his insane "the-sky-is-falling" site. And never, ever, responds to questions.
    Yeah, it's almost like spam but, in his case, more like an illness.

How some people become that good at writing? Maybe there are some special ways of prectising? Now I mostly use https://kangarooassignmenthelp.com/ because I am bad at writing and that way I can have better grades at least.