+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Check Mark Logic

with other types of business.

A great checklist.....

http://thegreatestnetworker.org/PDFs/compare.pdf
    Last edited by ChrisDoyle; 06-14-2010 at 11:53 AM.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Re: Compare Network Marketing

great resource!
    See what Montel Williams has to say about the most explosive,fun and financially rewarding poker-based business opportunity on the planet:
    Poker meets MLM

poker MLM? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    poker MLM? LMAO

Sounds interesting!
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    with other types of business.

A great checklist.....

http://thegreatestnetworker.org/PDFs/compare.pdf
    wow...what crap.

#3 superior quality products? no, there is nothing saying that your own start up business can't have a good quality product, and much of MLM is crap. Pure marketing, not fact.

#4 Impressive tax advantages? In the US, if you actually go by the tax code, it's not nearly as good as many make it out to be. Often it's a bad audit waiting to happen.

6. 100+ billion in international sales... more marketing. 30-1500% growth.... no, either sales are tiny with huge growth potential or you look at the total sales and it's total growth (30% growth on 100 billion....no, MLM is not growing at $30 billion a year). If someone starts their own contracting company, do they state the entire housing industry as the sales?

#7. Open to all? This could be borderline offensive. Only MLM is open to all? Women, people of color, homosexuals, etc can't start their own businesses if they aren't MLM?

#8 In depth training....that is often there to scam you, ala Amway.

#10. Pay what you are worth. So if you start your own business, you are underpaying yourself, but MLM, where you don't set the pay, you aren't? Who is writing this crap? Larry, Curly, and Moe?

#11. It's wording is terrible...and investment income is the same passive income. This is getting funnier.

#12. Non-MLM small business are built on ecommerce all the time.

#14. is exactly the hype that you guys say you don't spread. pure BS.

This reads like a checklist of "misconceptions of non-mlm business."
    Last edited by calvinandhobbes; 06-14-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Here is an excellent pdf of a book called ''Mailbox Money'', explaining what Network Marketing is, and how it works. Its 64 pages, but large print and doesnt take very long to read.

A great explanation for people who dont know what the business is all about (a great read for you calvin yb:)

http://thegreatestnetworker.org/PDFs/MailboxMoney.pdf

A great explanation for people who dont know what the business is all about (a great read for you calvin yb:)
    When you understand one ounce of real business, then your posts might matter. that first link you posted was worse than your normal propaganda.

At least we know definitively that you support the "live like a millionaire" hype that MLM is plagued with.
    I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Here is an excellent pdf of a book called ''Mailbox Money'', explaining what Network Marketing is, and how it works. Its 64 pages, but large print and doesnt take very long to read.

http://thegreatestnetworker.org/PDFs/MailboxMoney.pdf
    I think a more appropriate direction for this thread might be a discussion as to the legality and legitimacy of this business model, not just a promotion of it. I'm not saying that's what this thread is doing, but it does appear to be heading in that direction.

Although history and facts certainly favor the pro-argument regarding the MLM business model, those who are here that can defend it are far outnumbered.

Are you sure that's a direction you want to go, Chris? If so I will support your efforts to what ever extent that I can. However, I would recommend that the thread be rebooted with a more general title like "Is MLM a Legitimate Business Model" or something to that effect.

Thanks for considering it.

Len

Quote Originally Posted by MWave View Post
    I think a more appropriate direction for this thread might be a discussion as to the legality and legitimacy of this business model, not just a promotion of it. I'm not saying that's what this thread is doing, but it does appear to be heading in that direction.

Although history and facts certainly favor the pro-argument regarding the MLM business model, those who are here that can defend it are far outnumbered.

Are you sure that's a direction you want to go, Chris? If so I will support your efforts to what ever extent that I can. However, I would recommend that the thread be rebooted with a more general title like "Is MLM a Legitimate Business Model" or something to that effect.

Thanks for considering it.

Len
    Sure Len, I'm not sure I can change the thread title though, can I?

My reason for the thread was to provide an explanation of ethical MLM, rather than a promotion of it, for people who arrive at this site with very little knowledge of the business (and people already here who have a confused knowledge of it!)

Quote Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
    When you understand one ounce of real business, then your posts might matter. that first link you posted was worse than your normal propaganda.

At least we know definitively that you support the "live like a millionaire" hype that MLM is plagued with.

The great thing about MLM though cal, is that you dont need to be an expert in ''real business'' (I presume you mean non-MLM business)

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    poker MLM? LMAO

Seem's funny at first, but if you look at who the leaders are in the company as well as some of the celebrity affiliates involved, it makes a lot of sense
    See what Montel Williams has to say about the most explosive,fun and financially rewarding poker-based business opportunity on the planet:
    Poker meets MLM

The MLM is absolutely garbage if your downline is what fuels the income.

At thirty-three levels of a binary downline you've alreayd exceeded the population of the entire planet.

If the recruitment of new people amounts to any lage percent of income the model becomes unsustainable. Especially since most MLMs are 1.) only released in the U.S. and 2.) they require many more than two people in your immediate downline.

Thanks Chris!
    "Wag more, bark less."

Quote Originally Posted by Tombooh View Post
    The MLM is absolutely garbage if your downline is what fuels the income.

At thirty-three levels of a binary downline you've alreayd exceeded the population of the entire planet.

If the recruitment of new people amounts to any lage percent of income the model becomes unsustainable. Especially since most MLMs are 1.) only released in the U.S. and 2.) they require many more than two people in your immediate downline.
    Downline sales of products is what should be fuelling any income.

Downline sales of products is what should be fuelling any income.
    Or have distributors who continue to pay because the parent company makes it exceedingly difficult to cancel automatic billing.

Or have distributors continue to recruit new members at an unsustainable rate until it all comes crashing down forcing either legal action or a company rebranding.

Guess which two of those three normally occur?

Quote Originally Posted by Tombooh View Post
    Or have distributors who continue to pay because the parent company makes it exceedingly difficult to cancel automatic billing.
    Which company are you referring to?

Or have distributors continue to recruit new members at an unsustainable rate until it all comes crashing down forcing either legal action or a company rebranding.

Guess which two of those three normally occur?
    I wouldnt say any of these would be ''normal'' with a legal, ethical company.