+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 33 to 41 of 41

  1. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Have you fallen for SUNday?

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    The most loving and caring group of Christians still teach ignorance. It's ignorance that is wrong with the world. Ignorance is intentionally denying facts and going with the status quo simply because it was the way it was always done.

    A society can't be free from oppression if they intentionally ignore opportunities for growth intellectually.
    Based on history, I don't see Christianity slowing progress. As an example, nations that spurred the industrial revolution (England, France, Germany, etc) were also nations with large numbers of believers. Protestants in particular did not impede industrial growth. Remember the protestant work ethic?

    I think you're assuming one's religious ideas will have consequences for economic activities. There are numerous examples of inventors, scientist, and entrepreneurs who are also believers.

    The key is allocation of social roles. One can go to church on Sunday, accept traditional religious doctrine, and then go to work the next day and be highly productive.

    How does Christian doctrine stop people from succeeding?

    Blind faith in Jesus does not translate into one's inability to invent a new kind of computer chip. They're separate roles and therefore serve different functions in a one's life.

    Are you saying people are ignorant simple because they believe in God? Where's the evidence for such an assertion. We both know believers who are accomplished in their fields I don't see the correlation between religion and ignorance.

    I know a brilliant and successful physician who is a dedicated Christian. He told me that his faith in Jesus Christ is the key to his success.
    Last edited by Cnance; 08-29-2010 at 12:23 PM.

  2. #34
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA/Menashe
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Have you fallen for SUNday?

    Just keep the 10 Commandments?


    Recently several of my senior neighbors and I were discussing religious differences. I commented whether Methodist, Catholic or Baptist, they all believe in the same basic beliefs: the Babylonian Mystery religious doctrines of "going to Heaven or Hell," Sunday over Sabbath, Christmas, Easter. They agreed everybody should "just keep the 10 Commandments."

    Jesus did say we should keep the commandments, in spirit and in truth (Matthew 19:16-17). But neither Catholics or Protestants keep the commandments! They reject the plain truth of the Bible to keep their idolatrous traditions.

    I asked my friends (who said we should "just keep the 10 Commandments") whether they were ready to stop keeping Sunday and start keeping the Sabbath - to "remember the Sabbath to keep it holy." Apparently the question caught them off guard as neither replied. How about you? Will you keep the commandments, so help you God, including the Fourth Commandment?

  3. #35
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Have you fallen for SUNday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    quote

    Based on history, I don't see Christianity slowing progress.
    You don't? You haven't looked very hard. How long did the Church keep the fact that the earth isn't the center of the universe from the people even though science had proven it?

    How many groups shut down stem cell research grants even though you don't need to harm anyone in order to harvest them and they have the chance to cure several horrible diseases simply because the Church doesn't like it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    As an example, nations that spurred the industrial revolution (England, France, Germany, etc) were also nations with large numbers of believers. Protestants in particular did not impede industrial growth. Remember the protestant work ethic?
    And... Did the church support the revolution or had they already lost a great deal of ***** allowing it to happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I think you're assuming one's religious ideas will have consequences for economic activities. There are numerous examples of inventors, scientist, and entrepreneurs who are also believers.
    Sure. If you saw what happened to Galileo for saying the church was wrong you would swear allegiance to the might of the christian mob too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    The key is allocation of social roles. One can go to church on Sunday, accept traditional religious doctrine, and then go to work the next day and be highly productive.

    How does Christian doctrine stop people from succeeding?
    By following the rules of scripture. If you want to get into heaven you have to give away all your worldly possessions. It will be pretty hard to succeed in anything without some form of tool to do a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Blind faith in Jesus does not translate into one's inability to invent a new kind of computer chip. They're separate roles and therefore serve different functions in a one's life.
    You're going to separate them? So you're a follower on Sundays and not a believer the rest of the time?

    If you stick to that, then why are there so many christian groups today who still reject any form of technology as the devils tools? I would think being a Mennonite and not being allowed to use electricity or a computer would make it rather difficult to make a new computer chip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Are you saying people are ignorant simple because they believe in God? Where's the evidence for such an assertion. We both know believers who are accomplished in their fields I don't see the correlation between religion and ignorance.
    Not just because... You are ignorant because you willfully ignore facts because they don't conform to your preconceived idea that God exists. Anything that might suggest that God might not have done something you think he did has to be challenged, ignored or denied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I know a brilliant and successful physician who is a dedicated Christian. He told me that his faith in Jesus Christ is the key to his success.
    Thats great. I know dozens of people who go through the roles of being christian and have never critically examined the religion. They give every week, not knowing what their money really pays for. The believe in God and have no idea why.

    It's totally fine and normal for a person to go to church every weekend for the social network it provides, say the words, go through the motions just as they always have and not really know or care what they are saying or why they are saying it. They've probably never questioned it since they were told to do it as a small child.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  4. #36
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Have you fallen for SUNday?

    Quote Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post
    Just keep the 10 Commandments?


    Recently several of my senior neighbors and I were discussing religious differences. I commented whether Methodist, Catholic or Baptist, they all believe in the same basic beliefs: the Babylonian Mystery religious doctrines of "going to Heaven or Hell," Sunday over Sabbath, Christmas, Easter. They agreed everybody should "just keep the 10 Commandments."

    Jesus did say we should keep the commandments, in spirit and in truth (Matthew 19:16-17). But neither Catholics or Protestants keep the commandments! They reject the plain truth of the Bible to keep their idolatrous traditions.

    I asked my friends (who said we should "just keep the 10 Commandments") whether they were ready to stop keeping Sunday and start keeping the Sabbath - to "remember the Sabbath to keep it holy." Apparently the question caught them off guard as neither replied. How about you? Will you keep the commandments, so help you God, including the Fourth Commandment?
    Nope. But thanks for asking.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  5. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32

    Re: Have you fallen for SUNday?

    :judges:Mr. Ben-Ariel et al.:

    Since Christ spoke of Heaven and Hell, how can you possibly say it's from Babylon Mystery religion? They may have had these doctrinal concepts as well, but if Christ authenticated them they're real. and a valid part of the Christian faith.

    Also, the legalistic Pharisees sought to slay Christ because he 'worked' on the Sabbath, when in fact he did acts of compassion. It is OK to give CPR to someone on the Sabbath, to put it in modern terms!

    Also, the 'let no man judge you according to feasts, foods, Sabbath', etc., is meant to show us that we are under GRACE for crying out loud, and we are no longer under the LAW! There is no contradiction. It only appears that way to people who cannot rightly divide the Word in context.


    SUNday is worship day for the SUN GOD, who goes by many names. Let's just say Apollyon, Baal, Satan, the devil. God never changed the Sabbath day but salvation is not revoked if your livelihood requires you to work on Saturday, for Pete's sake. Get a grip and KNOW THE LORD. We are not saved by keeping the Sabbath. You can keep the Sabbath and be lost!

    BaalMass, Ishtar/Easter, c'mon, Halloween, all witch's sabbats. BaalMass falls on Dec. 25th in honor of the birth of the SUNgod of paganism.

    Satan has cleverly ipainted a Christian veneer over ancient pagan practices and most professing Christians wouldn't know their arse from a hole in the ground.

    They read 'versions' of the Bible, tainted by wicked men, like the NIV (Non Inspired Version).

    The Masoretic Hebrew text and the Textus receptus comprise the 1611 King James that is THE inspired word of God, scribed by the Hebrew prophets, directly from the mouth of the God of Israel. It is the true Word of God, specially protected and preserved for the true believer.

    Wow, the devil really has people in such incredible blindness, even most so-called Chrsitians. They consider my views outrageous because they use counterfeit Bibles and even then don't bother to study, but instead listen to goofy and sometimes Masonic 'pastors'.

    MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.....Jesus

    STUDY TO SHOW THYSELF APPROVED!!!

  6. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5

    Re: Have you fallen for SUNday?

    1,000's of religions before and after christianity are sun or son worshipers and it's simply because the physical sun (the planet) in orientation to the earth moves away to it's farthest point around december 22nd / 23rd and stays that far away for about 3 days due to the rotation and gravitational pull of our solar system, it then begins to pull closer around the 25th or 26th of december and appears to rise farther into the sky and is no longer at it's lowest point which is why most religions say the sun or son falls around the 22nd and rises 3 days later on the 25th. It's a spin on science and it's not exclusive to Christianity. 1,000's of years before and after the birth of christianity these ideas have been laid down in many religions. Do your research outside of the bible and you will find your answers to the questions within it.

  7. #39
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Have you fallen for SUNday?

    Quote Originally Posted by fromzero View Post
    1,000's of religions before and after christianity are sun or son worshipers and it's simply because the physical sun (the planet) in orientation to the earth moves away to it's farthest point around december 22nd / 23rd and stays that far away for about 3 days due to the rotation and gravitational pull of our solar system, it then begins to pull closer around the 25th or 26th of december and appears to rise farther into the sky and is no longer at it's lowest point which is why most religions say the sun or son falls around the 22nd and rises 3 days later on the 25th. It's a spin on science and it's not exclusive to Christianity. 1,000's of years before and after the birth of christianity these ideas have been laid down in many religions. Do your research outside of the bible and you will find your answers to the questions within it.
    That's a good piece of fiction right there. It almost sounds plausible.

    I mean you're right about people worshiping the sun or son "God", but wow! Are you ever way off on the reason the sun rises higher in the summer than the winter.


    Okay... to try to make it simplistic, the earth has a tilt. It doesn't point perpendicular to the rotation around the sun. It leans to one side, and always points in the same direction (almost exactly the north star)

    As we go around the sun (progress through the year) the tilt is sometimes leaning towards the sun (north pole summer) or away (north pole winter) or it's at a tangent to the earth orbit (fall/spring equinoxes.)

    To suggest that the earth moves closer/further to create the seasons means that the north hemisphere and south hemisphere would share the same seasons... they don't. They are opposite

    As we go into winter, they are just starting to see what we call summer.

    Hope this helps:
    http://www.mrdowling.com/601-seasons.html


    The earth also does move slightly closer to the sun, but this isn't synchronized to seasons and isn't very significant.
    Last edited by Lord_jag; 09-27-2010 at 05:10 AM.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  8. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5

    Re: Have you fallen for SUNday?

    Perhaps I didn't put the amount of detail into the explanation that was needed. It was also 4 am and I should have been asleep, here is a site to refer to. http://www.paganizingfaithofyeshua.n...sun_of_god.htm

    for a video explanation you can watch the film zietgiest which goes beyond just religion and get's deep into the political scandal's if you actually watch both films zietgiest and zietgiest addendum. I'm sure you can watch them online for free or you can find a copy on a torrent site like pirate bay or something.


    I don't care what anyone thinks about me for my beliefs. I'm not an atheist but there is so much information in the holy bible and even more in the new testament and it's constantly getting twisted on a daily basis to fit peoples needs and use the "holy words" against its followers.


    If you ever hear someone say give to "god" and gives you an address to send to and then says you will receive the amount in return 10 fold back from god... You've been scammed.

    If god is a loving being he would want your love not money and for you to use that money to help people you love and also people in need of help and love.

  9. #41
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Have you fallen for SUNday?

    Quote Originally Posted by fromzero View Post
    Perhaps I didn't put the amount of detail into the explanation that was needed. It was also 4 am and I should have been asleep, here is a site to refer to. http://www.paganizingfaithofyeshua.n...sun_of_god.htm
    Ok... just thought you needed to know that the seasons have nothing to do with the "Gravitational pull of the solar system" and do not involve the sun "moving closer and further away"

    That sounds all too much like a creationist lie being propagated.
    Quote Originally Posted by fromzero View Post
    for a video explanation you can watch the film zietgiest which goes beyond just religion and get's deep into the political scandal's if you actually watch both films zietgiest and zietgiest addendum. I'm sure you can watch them online for free or you can find a copy on a torrent site like pirate bay or something.


    I don't care what anyone thinks about me for my beliefs. I'm not an atheist but there is so much information in the holy bible and even more in the new testament and it's constantly getting twisted on a daily basis to fit peoples needs and use the "holy words" against its followers.
    And so you shouldn't. There is a lot of information and most of it are embedded in fairy tales and irrelevant in today's world. But you get to decide that by yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by fromzero View Post
    If you ever hear someone say give to "god" and gives you an address to send to and then says you will receive the amount in return 10 fold back from god... You've been scammed.

    If god is a loving being he would want your love not money and for you to use that money to help people you love and also people in need of help and love.
    [/QUOTE]
    Very good advice.

    I also advise against giving to church collection plates... This is where they get the money to pay for the priests molesting children. Every time you pay you are helping them continue.
    [QUOTE=fromzero;971040]
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 09:20 PM
  2. The Fallen Timbers Battle Monument is Mad!
    By David Ben-Ariel in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 06:25 AM
  3. Stupidest thing you've fallen for
    By PaidSurveyZone in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 10:16 PM
  4. Fallen Judge Rethinks Crime and Punishment
    By sojustask in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 10:31 PM
  5. Fallen Soldiers Sent Home as, FREIGHT
    By DeeDee1965 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 05:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •