+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Emerging Cast

Emerging Cast

Ok, so this is a freelance type site, you're writing scripts for videos. So far I have submitted enough articles to get up to $10 (1 pending), you can cash out on paypal at $50. Has anyone else made it to the $50 and actually been paid, though?

I'm really starting to question them. I know they're not based out of the US, I also recently had one of my articles sent back for review for "grammar errors" even though I run everything I write through 2 different grammar checks and also have a family member with a bachelor's in English proofread them. I know there's nothing grammatically wrong with the article.

So does ANYONE know if they're real or not? If not, looks like I'll be writing enough to get to $50 and then see what happens.

Re: Emerging Cast

I have had a positive experience with them so far, and did get paid last month when I reached the 50$ minimum (I did 75$ worth of submissions).

I had a couple of scripts sent back for editing; one was for some grammar mistakes that I didn't agree with; I "appealed" the review and had my appeal upheld, so to speak. the other two I had rejected I made a couple of changes to and they were accepted a second time around.

The pay isn't really comparable to some of the US-based sites, but I am based in Buenos Aires and it works for me. YMMV!

Quote Originally Posted by BAwriter View Post
    I have had a positive experience with them so far, and did get paid last month when I reached the 50$ minimum (I did 75$ worth of submissions).

I had a couple of scripts sent back for editing; one was for some grammar mistakes that I didn't agree with; I "appealed" the review and had my appeal upheld, so to speak. the other two I had rejected I made a couple of changes to and they were accepted a second time around.

The pay isn't really comparable to some of the US-based sites, but I am based in Buenos Aires and it works for me. YMMV!
    Thanks. :) It only takes me 10-15 minutes to write an article so I don't mind that the pay is minimal. I know I could submit stuff for other article writing sites, but honestly those pay based off traffic for the most part and I don't want to get into marketing my site. I'd rather just get the flat rate and know what I'm earning.

Hhmmm. Interesting.
    This is my first time to read something about "emerging cast" so I have immediately search it on Google.
    It seems legit, considering that BAwriter has already been paid by that company.

BTW, are the jobs/projects there are not that hard? I am not yet a graduate, I would like to know if they require some bachelor's degree before you can work for them?
    The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.
    concrete driveway atlanta|conversion optimization

Hello, I want to work for Emerging Cast too as an English>Spanish translator. The thing is that it seems that they pay only USD 1 per translated article. (?)

I calculated 10 translations a day (from Monday to Saturday) and that is only around USD 240 a month!

Is it possible to translate 10 articles a day? USD 240 a month is such a nightmare. You donīr have time to do something else....

Im not saying they are a scam.. however I WOULD question the fact that someone who has been paid by them would be searching the internet to see if they are a scam and just happen to run across this thread to validate them..and that person has only one post here..

Always use caution!

Hi Katie,

I am looking for information about them on Internet and thank God I found this forum to ask.

You know what? I agree with you. he has only 1 post..... It was weird to me too :)

I visited the website of this company, and it looks good. According to my intuition, itīs not a scam, as there is a physical address and all.

I would like to know how much money you can earn per month, because I calculated 10 translations a day and thatīs only USD 240 per month! I wish someone told me I am wrong, but nobody can work 10 hours a day 6 days/week and survive with 240!

Luna, if you are trying to work at home, it's important to realize that sites like these are NOT going to work as a full time income. As lisan pointed out, it's a way to supplement and make extra cash.

Even with most work at home jobs through employers, people are working for 2-3 employers to get enough hours. With freelance work, you will want to do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner View Post
    Im not saying they are a scam.. however I WOULD question the fact that someone who has been paid by them would be searching the internet to see if they are a scam and just happen to run across this thread to validate them..and that person has only one post here..

Always use caution!

In general, I agree with your post! However, I was just sharing my experience with someone that asked; I did in fact do a google search on them just because, and this site/page was like the fourth hit I got, with the word "scam" in the title, so you can imagine it peaked my interest...

FWIW for those that asked about the pay, this is only one of many alternative sources of income for me, It works for me, but I find the articles pretty quick and easy to write once you have a solid formula/template for the different topics.

Hi BAwriter,

How many articles can you translate a day? I hope you donīt mind my asking... Just to have an idea, because I would like to start working in this company, and I read in the job posting that you can earn around ARS 2000-2500/month, but... hmmm. :)

I know it depends on the time you want to devote and all, but how many articles can be written/translated?

I became a member of emergingcast just last week, and so far itīs not working for me. First of all, in order to answer your question: the number of assigments you can claim is limited. if you are a new member you can only claim 5 assigments and then you must for them to make a review. But thereīs my first problem, the fact is that they do not repect the 3-day deadline to make the review....
    I canīt tell for shure wheather they are going to pay or not, because, as i said, thy havenīt even review my assigments, and even if they did it, the payment wouldnīt worth it.... Iīd had to have like 25 approved assigments to have ilimited acces.... but it seems a fraud to me.

Given this situation, i googled emergingcast, found this page, became a member and gave you this answer....

Excuse me if my english is a bit poor, im from buenos aires.

Sorry Luna! I pretty much forgot about signing up and posting, and then saw an old email from the forum, and checked in.

I write about 10 articles per daily session, and then do another 10 voice over assignments as a goal. This a few times a week.

I have been working with them for several months and actually really enjoy it. The pay is on the low end, but the articles are really easy if you have some experience, and I love the flexibility it gives me (I have worked freelance before, but never quite so...free).

As far as being a scam, I can assure that is not the case. I have received payment for all but two scripts that were rejected because I forgot to make the corrections they requested (which were pretty on the mark actually, the two scripts in question were sloppy) and resubmitted them, and since you only get one chance to submit a revision...

I've made over a thousand dollars working for them so far, and for the time I have put in, that it a really positive balance for me. I will say that there is a bit of a learning curve as far as fine tuning my style to fit their needs, but I am OK with that, all jobs imply that to a certain extent.

Now, the review turnover time is a nuisance, and is relatively new; I didn't any notifications about why it was taking so long so I emailed them, and got a pretty reasonable reply, that they have something like 40,000 people signed up, and are getting thousands of people submitting material per week, and they haven't been able to grow the review department to keep up with the demand, and still keep a fair, quality based review process. So...they said they were working on it, I'll wait and see. In the meantime is really isn't affecting me much, as I am getting most of my scripts accepted without issues now as I have really fine tuned my pieces for their site.

I hope that helps! I will say that, while I totally understand people being skeptical to a degree, I do find it a little disconcerting that people would be so quick to toss around the term scam, which it a pretty serious allegation. But then, this is SCAM.COM! so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.:spin2:

I will say that it is not the perfect fit for everybody, and you may not like everything about it, but it works for me and several other expats I know down here that work with them, and none of us have had any problem at all with payment (always via paypal).

That's all!
    Last edited by BAwriter; 11-04-2010 at 09:58 PM.

The Universe is so weird!! LOL

You wonīt believe this, but I started working on EmergingCast the same day you replied this thread (Nov 4).

I was like :freak3:!!!

I work as a Spanish translator only, and I can tell you that I really really enjoyed my work yesterday, as you can translate things you are interested in! The only problem is that I still live with my parents, and it is impossibleeee to save enough money to move out on my own with this job. Anyway I must admit that I really like it, but the payment should be higher :(

I find it a bit unusual that BAWRITER saw that e.mail the day after i wrote my reply....Itīs been about 5 months without noone making any post and, suddenly, everyone remembered that they were scam.com members and thought that they should check that post about emergingcast.....
    Keeping up with my short emergingcast experience, I did try to contact them about the delay i mentioned, but thereīs been no answer yet....
    Iīm just telling my story, and I donīt want anyone to think that Iīm refering to emergingcast as a scam.... Iīm only saying that so far, itīs not working for me although I`ve done everithing they asked me to.... Itīd be nice for them to make some sort of notification about the situation that BAWRTITER wrote about.... it just feels like nooneīs there....
    Itīs been a week since I send my first assigment, so I gess this should be normal, Iīm not saying that they wont pay...

I must ask.... does anybode else find BAWRITER suspicious???

Yes, I must admit he sounds a little suspicious.... because he talks like the people in the movie TRUMAN SHOW when they want to sell something (Joking)... and because he does not complain about the payment. He says he doesnt care, but come on.... Payment is important unless you are the Prince of some country and you donīt need it!

But, ninaburaschi, I might sound suspcious too then, because I say that I enjoy this work LOL.

I have a university degree in translation, and it would be an ideal job for me IF the payment was higher...

I mean this is not a "scam" but a good business for THEM... and a temporary "life jacket" for those who are meanwhile looking for and deserve something BETTER paid....

Donīt worry... I am sure they will reply to you, but donīt expect to live on this job. I hope I am wrong....

Time will tell......
    Last edited by Luna2010; 11-05-2010 at 08:23 AM.

Wow, this is the second time someone has "suspected" one of my posts! that is actually sort of cool, it makes me feel "sneaky" :

I am not really a member here, I've posted a couple of times after I came across the site; both times it was to share my experience. YMMV! I spend a lot of time online, that's it.

Yes, I must admit he sounds a little suspicious.... because he talks like the people in the movie TRUMAN SHOW when they want to sell something (Joking)... and because he does not complain about the payment. He says he doesnt care, but come on.... Payment is important unless you are the Prince of some country and you donīt need it!

that is classic, I loved the Truman show!

Honestly, I didn't complain about the payment because I haven't had any problems with payment! The turnover time on the other hand is a PITA!

good luck, I'll bow out here so rest easy...