+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 73

Thread: i love GOD

  1. #1

    i love GOD

    i love GOD because of all the blessings that we have now, eventhough i admit i'm a sinner HE is always there to forgive.

    the job a have now and the status of my family, these things is really a great blessing. Even the good health that each and everyone have is so amazing.
    Cheap Banners as low as $2 | Cheap HYIP Templates, SURF, LISTER, PHP, GPT, HTML and custom templates starts at $120
    see our prices at 7angels.INFO Web Services | www[dot]7angels.info

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,179

    Re: i love GOD

    qu4l1ty

    i love GOD because of all the blessings that we have now, eventhough i admit i'm a sinner HE is always there to forgive.

    the job a have now and the status of my family, these things is really a great blessing. Even the good health that each and everyone have is so amazing.
    I join you here. Although we may have different interpretations of God, but nonetheless love Him, we have much in common.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-06-2010 at 07:15 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: i love GOD

    I too love god and this love only gives me the strength to pass through all the hurdles of life...

  4. #4
    hackenslash is offline Destroyer of bad ideas. Smasher of canards. User Rank
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    202

    Re: i love GOD

    I prefer to save my love for that which demonstrably exists. Call me old-fashioned.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act - George Orwell

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    112

    Re: i love GOD

    Quote Originally Posted by christiw View Post
    I too love god and this love only gives me the strength to pass through all the hurdles of life...
    What if I could say the very same thing??..... and then also say that as I learned to channel that same "endearing" devotion to a long lost love of my past.... I got the same results.
    I would often pray, name it and claim it, worship, praise .... just about anything else you now do , I do, but with this other gal of my past. Surprisingly with similar results as before where God, ( Jesus ) was at the very core of everything I did. I had to check everything I did with WWJD doctrines .... now I bypass all that and just remember the love I can at least truly say, did exist, was reciprocated, can be seen in weekly emails, facebook photos and such of someone that "ACTUALLY" is still on this EARTH for anyone to question, verify her existence and her heart devotions to me still till this day. Treats me fine, has for the last year been right up there in the "timely response" to answer to prayer, just as the Original God/Jesus figure I was taught to believe does exist?? Yet, can never be provable to anyone else.

    I call that getting an education... and I thank the now deceased but not forgotten.... George Carlin. For teaching me how this really makes more "down to earth" sense. And I hated George so much the first time I saw this as a "Chrisitian".... I was taught to hate to see the clear and logical facts of life.
    That is all that Christianity has taught.

    But you won't see me telling anyone now to "unbelieve" their Christ Convictions.... No Sir, I will let them that really want to search for themselves, find their own "Truth". If they never do , I don't care one way or the other... I am still very tolerant of my fellow believer friends. And I respect them for where I myself, many a times, "firmly Stood".








    And yes George Carlin is now dead and buried..... And so Will YOU and I be as well... that is this wonderful thing we call LIFE and DEATH. There is Life , there will be Death.... it is as sure as the stars in that wonderful nite sky above. Nothing to fear, if you do have knowledge. Live this life as you see fit.... and be thankful for the opportunity to have enjoyed the brief ride.
    "Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."

    -Tim Minchin



    I don't have the evidence to prove that God doesn't exist, but I so strongly suspect that he doesn't that I don't want to waste my time.

    -Isaac Asimov





  6. #6
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: i love GOD

    You don't know that you have anyone's blessing, period.

    It's just that you need to feel that way.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  7. #7
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: i love GOD

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Oh I have plenty of folks blessings. I do feel sorry you don't.

    But if you are referring to G!d, G!D isn't anyone, no santy clause anthropomorphic being...no Father, Male, Thor or Zeus throwing plagues at whim.

    G!d is spirit, G!d is love, G!d is abundance...and we are blessed by abundance.

    Even those that don't believe.
    Yes that's it. Your make believe gawd doesn't love me.

    Yawn.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Glendale Az
    Posts
    1,249

    Re: i love GOD

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    What if I could say the very same thing??..... and then also say that as I learned to channel that same "endearing" devotion to a long lost love of my past.... I got the same results.
    I would often pray, name it and claim it, worship, praise .... just about anything else you now do , I do, but with this other gal of my past. Surprisingly with similar results as before where God, ( Jesus ) was at the very core of everything I did. I had to check everything I did with WWJD doctrines .... now I bypass all that and just remember the love I can at least truly say, did exist, was reciprocated, can be seen in weekly emails, facebook photos and such of someone that "ACTUALLY" is still on this EARTH for anyone to question, verify her existence and her heart devotions to me still till this day. Treats me fine, has for the last year been right up there in the "timely response" to answer to prayer, just as the Original God/Jesus figure I was taught to believe does exist?? Yet, can never be provable to anyone else.

    I call that getting an education... and I thank the now deceased but not forgotten.... George Carlin. For teaching me how this really makes more "down to earth" sense. And I hated George so much the first time I saw this as a "Chrisitian".... I was taught to hate to see the clear and logical facts of life.
    That is all that Christianity has taught.

    But you won't see me telling anyone now to "unbelieve" their Christ Convictions.... No Sir, I will let them that really want to search for themselves, find their own "Truth". If they never do , I don't care one way or the other... I am still very tolerant of my fellow believer friends. And I respect them for where I myself, many a times, "firmly Stood".








    And yes George Carlin is now dead and buried.....
    And so Will YOU and I be as well... that is this wonderful thing we call LIFE and DEATH.
    There is Life , there will be Death.... it is as sure as the stars in that wonderful nite sky above. Nothing to fear, if you do have knowledge. Live this life as you see fit.... and be thankful for the opportunity to have enjoyed the brief ride.
    I think that you will like this little quote from Some of Marcus Aurelius' meditations, Sandman-
    "Of human life the time is a point, and the substance is in a flux, and the perception dull, and the composition of the whole body subject to putrefaction, and the soul a whirl, and fortune hard to divine, and fame a thing devoid of judgement. And, to say all in a word, everything which belongs to the body is a stream, and what belongs to the soul is a dream and vapour, and life is a warfare and a stranger's sojourn, and after-fame is oblivion. What then is that which is able to conduct a man? One thing and only one, philosophy. But this consists in keeping the daemon (Spirit) within a man free from violence and unharmed, superior to pains and pleasures, doing nothing without purpose, nor yet falsely and with hypocrisy, not feeling the need of another man's doing or not doing anything; and besides, accepting all that happens, and all that is allotted, as coming from thence, wherever it is, from whence he himself came; and, finally, waiting for death with a cheerful mind, as being nothing else than a dissolution of the elements of which every living being is compounded. But if there is no harm to the elements themselves in each continually changing into another, why should a man have any apprehension about the change and dissolution of all the elements? For it is according to nature, and nothing is evil which is according to nature.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,179

    Re: i love GOD

    Ghost Dog

    For it is according to nature, and nothing is evil which is according to nature.
    By this definition nature is good and God is evil. However, if God created nature, how could nature be evil. Except if nature rejects God as did Satan, then nature is not with God and is therefore evil, like Satan.

    You can't be separate from God and not be evil.

  10. #10

    Re: i love GOD

    everybody have different belief in terms of their religion but i believe that whatever we call HIM it still HIM, the only difference is how people translate or apply HIS words in their daily life.
    Cheap Banners as low as $2 | Cheap HYIP Templates, SURF, LISTER, PHP, GPT, HTML and custom templates starts at $120
    see our prices at 7angels.INFO Web Services | www[dot]7angels.info

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Glendale Az
    Posts
    1,249

    Re: i love GOD

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    By this definition nature is good and God is evil.
    However, if God created nature, how could nature be evil.
    Except if nature rejects God as did Satan, then nature is not with God and is therefore evil, like Satan.

    You can't be separate from God and not be evil.
    I think that Marcus Aurelius was talking about nature, as he didn't put any faith in the gods of Rome. I see no comparison between god and nature in this excerpt from his meditations. I don't even see the word 'god' in my entire post. It looks like you are putting words into his mouth.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,179

    Re: i love GOD

    GHOST DOG

    I think that Marcus Aurelius was talking about nature, as he didn't put any faith in the gods of Rome. I see no comparison between god and nature in this excerpt from his meditations. I don't even see the word 'god' in my entire post. It looks like you are putting words into his mouth.
    I suppose that's the key. He was putting faith in the gods of
    Rome and therefore a different definition of "evil." I stand corrected.

  13. #13
    hackenslash is offline Destroyer of bad ideas. Smasher of canards. User Rank
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    202

    Re: i love GOD

    Blessings, much like prayer, are a very good way of doing absolutely nothing and still thinking you're helping.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act - George Orwell

  14. #14
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: i love GOD

    Yes, it's so much easier to pray for someone that it is to actually help or donate.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    350

    Re: i love GOD

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Yes, it's so much easier to pray for someone that it is to actually help or donate.
    Praying for someone does not mean there is no action also.
    It is a false dichotomy that you are inferring

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    55

    Re: i love GOD

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    By this definition nature is good and God is evil. However, if God created nature, how could nature be evil. Except if nature rejects God as did Satan, then nature is not with God and is therefore evil, like Satan.

    You can't be separate from God and not be evil.
    This is the standard excuse of people who don't have the brains/intellect to foment a decent argument in favour of their judeo-christian god - blame evil on the devil.

    Your own belief is that your god created everything, including Satan. Therefore, your god has to take responsibilty for everything that happens in the universe, including both good and evil.

    Atheists reject your notion of a god. However, by word and deed, they are neither more nor less evil than any theists. It doesn't take a book written by man to know right from wrong. Mankind knew right from wrong ages before the Jews even existed as a people and later wrote the bible.

    Atheists live and lead exactly the same lives as everyone else, but have the advantage of not being encumbered with the fear of god and his/her unjust wrath.

    You are merely consoling yourself by believing that you are good whilst non-believers are evil.
    People usually get the gods they deserve -Terry Pratchett

    Grouch Happens!

Similar Threads

  1. i love dad
    By Administrator in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 10:50 PM
  2. Dahlia Hill If You Love SPAM You'll Love Dahlia
    By kamans7 in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 02:04 AM
  3. What I would love
    By littlebear in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 10:05 AM
  4. Love
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 04:12 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 06:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •