+ Reply to Thread

Imperial Marketing in Kansas City? Scam?

Hi I am new to this board and have been investigating a company here in Kansas City called "Imperial Marketing Group" Website is http://imperialmarketinggroupinc.com/

I am afraid if it is a scam. I have gone to two interviews and been hired on. Can anyone tell me if this looks to be a fake company?

Re: Imperial Marketing in Kansas City? Scam?

do you know what "marketing" is? did they tell you to wear comfortable shoes? probably door to door trying to sell on commision, eh?

or was this online interview?

website was just recently created.
    Domain Name: IMPERIALMARKETINGGROUPINC.COM
    Created on: 03-MAY-10

i couldn't find them at their local BBB in zip code 64118, where they claim to be in gladstone, mo.
    Last edited by mumbles; 06-02-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    do you know what "marketing" is? did they tell you to wear comfortable shoes? probably door to door trying to sell on commision, eh?

or was this online interview?

Not much. Haven't done it before. They told me to dress professional. I did for first and second interviews and they want me to come back tomorrow for a drug test and background check. They said I won't be selling anything but that I will be "Marketing" a certain well known company for a couple weeks then working my way up to a management position.

I might also add that I did not fill out an application or give them my social or anything most places ask for. Just filled out a sheet or two about how I would fit the company's needs

That is one extremely new and incredibly vague website that is missing some important parts like a privacy policy, terms of use and owner's name.

The who-is says:
    Registrant:
    eStream, Inc.
    PO Box 3695
    Laguna Hills, CA 92654
    US

Registrar: DOTSTER
    Domain Name: IMPERIALMARKETINGGROUPINC.COM
    Created on: 03-MAY-10
    Expires on: 04-MAY-11
    Last Updated on: 03-MAY-10
    Maybe someone else knows about eStream and/or Imperial Marketing Group.

Looks like one of those jobs selling life insurance, perfume or trinkets where you either cold call people to set up meetings, walk around malls, stand outside grocery stores or walk door to door in residential neighborhoods selling and getting paid solely on commission.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

i can tell you it is going to be something nobody wants to do, on commision, and they got a new name because nobody applies for it if they use their old name or tell you what it is.

e-stream is just the website designer, i think.

Soo...scam? It is a small office in a building full of other offices too. Just seems sketchy

yes, you can be a manager in a couple of weeks because almost nobody is going to stay that long. i feel sorry for the "marketeers" that come around where i work, but i don't buy anything from them. if they are persistant, i call security to move them off the property.

Well we are not selling anything. I was told that very clear that we are only going into areas where this company may be working at the time and explain that we are doing some work in the area and try to market this company's product and set them up with potential clients. Does this sound more legit as a marketing company than selling things door to door?