Poll: Did this information help you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: American Income Life is Not a Scam

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
    Virtually nothing that is called a "scam" is truly. There are opportunities that are advantageous and others that aren't. Working as a busboy is hardly a scam, but I don't want to do it.

With that said, don't sign your independence away to be a captive agent for an insurance company. If you really want to work for one insurance company with a salary, become a wholesaler.
    One reason why I consider AIL to be a scam is in how the HR manager presented their pay scheme to me over the phone before my "interview." She actually stated that they offered a base $25,000 a year salary PLUS commissions on top of that just to get me in the door. To be told later that the pay was actually based strictly on commission after the fact is totally misleading and that is why this is a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerick View Post
    Just so you know there are dozens of insurance companies offering immediate payout policies so in that respect AIL is not at all unique.
    When you say in your office you don't use recruiters, what you mean is the agents do the recruiting as a way to become SAs and MGAs. So in this case the SGA has pushed the hiring and recruiting responsibility as well as cost all the way down to the Agent level. Brilliant!
    I don't know how long you have been at AIL but it always amuses me when Agents say it's not an issue to hit $2,000 alp/week or even more.
    That seems to contradict Torchmark and AIL's own numbers.
    Torchmark indicates that it had 3,912 producing agents in 4th quarter 2010.
    According to AIL's Spotlight webpage which tracks the top producers, there were 49 Agents, 32 SAs and 16 MGA's who personally produced $2000 a week average ($104,000 a year) in 2010.
    If indeed you are averaging $2000 ALP you are in the top 2.5% 0f all producers at AIL! Which begs the question, what are the other 3,904 producers doing wrong.
    In fact if you divide the actual ALP written $33,000,000 by the number of producers (3,912) the average weekly ALP per producer is $648 for the 4th quarter of 2010.
    It is interesting how time after time AILers post on this website how easy it is to make all the money promised when they first started. The numbers don't lie...
    This is why 95% 0f all agents leave within the first year.
    You may be the exception to the rule (I don't know how long you have been at AIL) but we like to hear how you are doing after the first year since so many don't even stay, let alone make a good income in year one!
    This is all true. I have been at AIL above the average- less than 5 months. And I did not average easily 2k a week. Most of us didn't. The only person who did consistently was the SGA- the head honcho- the owner of the agency- none other than Fred Hadayia himself.

Truly, the dream is to be financially independent. At what cost, though? I am an extremely diligent person and with all the work, believe me when I write this, all the work that I did at that office, I did not come close to consistent 2k a week. There are downfalls all the time. People leave. When they leave, one must hire another to replace the loss in income to you. I didn't want to constantly do this with no end in sight and to see the others behind me try to fight to get there is like the old saying that we are so familiar " a rat race" . It is in the end, a structure of pay that rewards only the one at the top and whoever can somehow miraculously get there and stay there consistently until his/her 10 year vesting period as an SGA is finished, then one can retire on whatever the income was produced to him/her at his/her agency per month. Lifetime renewals are only meant for the few. If truly the numbers were that all could gain lifetime renewals, then AIL and of course, Torchmark Corp. will go out of business. Check AM Best and look at the public numbers for yourselves. And see for yourself if all the agents achieved this highly marketed Opportunity Unlimited, how would Torchmark Corp. fare in the stocks? Not well, I presume.

They are all betting on new agents coming in and then leaving before 6 months so that they could again gain the most and spend the least. Where is the labor laws regarding contracted agents in the world of insurance? I wonder if the Department of Insurance really knew what really occurred in the world of this particular company, how would they respond? How would they want to reassure the public that insurance is good and that we all ought to continue to invest in insurance? How do we all feel about AIG and their debacle? It isn't a far stretch of our own imaginations to really consider that in fact, if all the stories were gathered by the former agents of insurance companies, how would the public feel about insurance? How secure would they feel knowing all the conflict that occurs? How would they feel about all the labor laws that tend to get subtly broken all the time, my personal experience only here? How would we all feel if what we thought was secure no longer is anymore?

This begs the next question then: If we believe that the things that were secure before, investing our money in it, were no longer anymore, what would then we do with the money, our money? What would happen to the insurance companies then? Where would all the laws go that were meant to protect the large insurance companies go after that? What would happen to our peace of mind if we knew those who were marketing such were abusing others to get you this "peace of mind" and sense of "security" ?

What would happen, I wonder?

Through 50 years of experience and innovation, American Income has remained at the forefront of additional insurance life and further improve the lifestyle of working class citizens.

American Income is not a scam. It is a company. However, much consideration must be made to the philosophy in which this company is founded.

I posted a lot on here. If you are a cynic, you will remain such and read this and think of course. If you are someone with a much more positive outlook on life, you will read this and think these are a bunch of whiners and losers.

It all is true. Many of us are all these things. Many of us are all legitimately disgruntled with American Income Life because we all experienced it in one level or another.

We all have different ways of learning. I learned the hard way. I worked there too long and spent too much time overcoming the things that happened to me there.

We are all so vicious people. I am sure they didn't know how much they really did hurt me. If punitive damages were ever rewarded to me, it wouldn't be enough.

If you guys are wondering, as you probably do not because most of you have very bad experiences, I paid just under $ 400 for my whole process, including fingerprints, background checks, testing, online survey and the actual exam. If you expect a company to pay for you to put up with the state exams so that you do not. If they did, it would point to stay with that company if you had a few bad weeks for example.

PS: Written ALP since 2500 Thursday, for only $ 15/wk. Job is not so hard ... worked for five hours each of the last 4 days. By all means, FLAME ON:)
    Last edited by haritagepoint; 05-12-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haritagepoint View Post
    If you guys are wondering, as you probably do not because most of you have very bad experiences, I paid just under $ 400 for my whole process, including fingerprints, background checks, testing, online survey and the actual exam. If you expect a company to pay for you to put up with the state exams so that you do not. If they did, it would point to stay with that company if you had a few bad weeks for example.

PS: Written ALP since 2500 Thursday, for only $ 15/wk. Job is not so hard ... worked for five hours each of the last 4 days. By all means, FLAME ON:)

Heres #2:zx11pissed:

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy333 View Post
    FYI: If you guys are wondering, which you probably are not because most of you had some very poor experiences, I only paid a little under $400 for my entire process, including fingerprinting, background checks, online study tests, and the actual state exam. If you expect a company to pay for you to get set up with state exams then you are ignorant. If they did what would be the point of staying with that company if you had a bad couple of weeks for example.
    PS: Written 2500 ALP since Thursday, nothing more than a $15/wk. Job really isn't that hard... worked 5 hours each of the past 4 days. By all means, FLAME ON :)
    heeres #1

AIL is a complete pile of shit. They can't even keep track of their own fraudulent spammer accounts or the repetitive messages they're saying. DO NOT BE FOOLED. The "people" who are giving good reviews are spam bots. I truly hope this company rots in hell like Enron... KEEP YOUR BOGUS FRAUDULENT SCAMS OUT OF OUR COUNTRY...YOU AREN'T FOOLING ANYONE.

notFOOLED123, that is one of the coolest things I've ever read! That so totally rocks!!! I had an interview with them last month, and against the better advice of my wife, I went. What a crock! You're awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenheartless View Post
    this Advance fee you speak of, do you perhaps mean the STATE REQUIRED BACKGROUND CHECK AND LICENSING FEES? really? are you calling the government requiring you having a license to sell this a scam? because if it is, then we have more problems on our hands than a company who is hiring alot of employees who dont do the necessary work.
    Incredible that you Pro Ailers will look at a system that hires thousands of agents every year, has a process that makes the agents pay for their own training (no income followed by reduced comissions when they get into the field) pay the recruiters for hiring them, (hidden fees in the "licensing costs) and then allows 95% of them to quit the first year (so they don't get paid residuals), and say that it is because these 95% don't do the necessary work!
    Lets get this straight......This is a deliberate system designed to lower the policy aquisition cost and is why AIL has one of the very lowest in the business.

Re: New look on American Income Life - This is NOT

Quote Originally Posted by courtneymaee View Post
    Im sorry, there is no need for names, its their job. they make money doing it, so you dont have to post their names online. maybe they dont realize what their doing? and how do you know their scams?
    Check all the previous posts which will demonstrate that their "hiring prcatices are a sacm

ok, spambot... haha that's funny. Look back guys, look at my previous posts. I too was wondering about this company 3 years ago. Look back here 3 years ago in posts. Guess what? I have my own office now, in Biloxi Mississippi, so I can vouch that for those that make it, this isn't a Scam, or my State Director is spending tons of money on rent and Insurance for this office here. I wish you all the best of luck in whatever you do, and if you read this, I know this is true.

1. Most people here never received a paycheck, and was never fully hired from AIL.
    2. Nobody is posting here that has worked with AIL for over 2 years, about how bad this company is (I know, why wait 2 years right..)
    3. I was like you looking for a career, and now I'm not looking, and found one with AIL. again, as I posted before email me if you really want the knowledge about AIL, but for those who say SCAM, without even getting licensed, shame on you...

Yes, we won't pay for your license, neither will State Farm, Nationwide, or any other Insurance company. UPS won't pay for your commercial drivers license either. Go to walmart if you want a job, but give it 60-90 days to see this career opportunity. Good luck again, if you weren't spreading the dirt here, you could have probably found a job you'd be happy with by now.

Well oh well, someone deleted posts I made on the day I joined this website.. That's pretty lame. I'm done posting here, good luck guys, believe whatever you want. google coke cola is a scam and bestbuy, and everyone while you're at it. This website is a scam
    Last edited by oherc; 02-13-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: wow.. they deleted the first posts I made

Quote Originally Posted by oherc View Post
    ok, spambot... haha that's funny. Look back guys, look at my previous posts. I too was wondering about this company 3 years ago. Look back here 3 years ago in posts. Guess what? I have my own office now, in Biloxi Mississippi, so I can vouch that for those that make it, this isn't a Scam, or my State Director is spending tons of money on rent and Insurance for this office here. I wish you all the best of luck in whatever you do, and if you read this, I know this is true.

1. Most people here never received a paycheck, and was never fully hired from AIL.
    2. Nobody is posting here that has worked with AIL for over 2 years, about how bad this company is (I know, why wait 2 years right..)
    3. I was like you looking for a career, and now I'm not looking, and found one with AIL. again, as I posted before email me if you really want the knowledge about AIL, but for those who say SCAM, without even getting licensed, shame on you...

Yes, we won't pay for your license, neither will State Farm, Nationwide, or any other Insurance company. UPS won't pay for your commercial drivers license either. Go to walmart if you want a job, but give it 60-90 days to see this career opportunity. Good luck again, if you weren't spreading the dirt here, you could have probably found a job you'd be happy with by now.

Well oh well, someone deleted posts I made on the day I joined this website.. That's pretty lame. I'm done posting here, good luck guys, believe whatever you want. google coke cola is a scam and bestbuy, and everyone while you're at it. This website is a scam
    Here we go again......
    1. I recieved many paychecks from AIL as an agent, MGA and RGA.
    2. I worked at AIL for more than 3 years!
    3. I was looking for a career and have now found one with an insurance company that is the antithisis of AIL. Ethical, honest, doesn't use bull**** come ons like "six figure income and retire in 10 years" to hire. No "scripted" hiring cattle calls and "scripted" sales calls.

Yes, they did pay for my licence, paid me while I was studying for my licence and in addition to commission pays a full suite of benefits incl pension health , sick days, vacation, all things that AIL does not.

With 3 years of experience on the job...how long have you had your own office?? How many agents and what is the average tenure?
    If you are like most you will have a constantly revolving door of five or six agents (95% leave within1 year) 3 or 4 trainees and maybe a couple of MGA's. put all that together and you will be lucky to clear a six figure income! And you are one of the so called successes!
    I have 9 agents in my group...ranging in tenure from 15 years to 3 months. top 2 make over $300,000 a year! next 1 makes $200,000. remainder vary from $150,000 down to a low of $65,000.
    We turn away 25 agents for every one we hire and have a 92% retention rate.
    Seems like your SGA with 5 locations has only produced $900,000 in ALP with your new (less than 6 months) agents in 2011. that's an average of $180,000 per office per year!! Pathetic...no wonder your new agents leave.
    Don't see even one agent from your SGA in the top 50 producers either!
    Yes thing sare going well for you!

I was contracted with AIL for over 6 years, made every convention, and received several dozens of bonuses when they were paid monthly.

You speak of being "hired" by AIL. AIL does not hire agents , they are contracted (although AIL agents are illegally treated as employees). You are correct in stating that most posts here represent people contracted with AIL less than 2 years as 98% of all agents that contract leave within 12 months. This statistic alone disproves the claim that AIL offers careers, it also disproves AIL claims to any recruiting or training standards. Finally, your SGA has been there a relatively short time. Several of his predecessors were financially destroyed, as are most AIL SGAs.

What you have not addressed is the terrible agent contract that AIL agents pay monthly union dues for. You have not discussed how this contract has non-vested commissions and renewals revert to the company when agents leave. AIL makes money on agent turnover.

Today I have my own independent agency. I represent dozens of insurance carriers with life, health, disability, and long term care products. When I add an agent for life he is contracted with many different insurance carriers with an agent contract which provides first year commissions from 70% to 105% depending on the carrier, these commissions are guaranteed even if the agent writes only one policy. Renewals are guaranteed for either 10 years or the life of the policy depending on the carrier, no renewals ever revert to a carrier.
    An agent is required to provide their own license and compensation is strictly commission based. In 6 years I have had 1 agent retire, no other turnover. In 6 years only 4 policies have lapsed or cancelled.
    Last edited by wghholtrad; 02-14-2012 at 04:39 PM.

I'm having a difficult time typing and putting my thoughts together because I just threw up in my mouth after reading the above post.

Your state director is a pompous windbag who sells snake oil. He loves to talk about himself during the useless mandatory meetings that the contracted agents have to sit through. It's all about JOE JOE JOE. He tries to convince those starving agents to keep selling, while in reality they just keep losing more of their precious time and money. I once overheard him say that I didn't have my priorities straight because I had to miss one of those bloody meetings to go to the doctor while sick with the flu. I'm sure more people would better appreciate him and other SGA's like him if they were just upfront and 100% honest on everything about AIL. At least then people would know what to expect and not just keep spinning their wheels, trying to keep food on the table and a roof over their families' heads.
    He also requires, as part of the agents' contracts, that all the new rescrewts put out 15 child safe boxes before they're released from training. I may be wrong, but I've heard that other states don't have to do that. LA and MS do, but no other state does. Is this true? Does anyone else know anything about this?
    For the sake of others looking for information on AIL, I really wish that incredibly long thread wasn't taken down. It was very informative. I posted my testimonial on it, as well as hundreds of others. At least it helped some people make an informed decision. AIL is too expensive to be a part of without a steady paycheck unless somebody already has money to burn or just wants to waste his time.
    Last edited by formeraillouisianaagent; 02-17-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by formeraillouisianaagent View Post
    I'm having a difficult time typing and putting my thoughts together because I just threw up in my mouth after reading the above post.

Your state director is a pompous windbag who sells snake oil. He loves to talk about himself during the useless mandatory meetings that the contracted agents have to sit through. It's all about JOE JOE JOE. He tries to convince those starving agents to keep selling, while in reality they just keep losing more of their precious time and money. I once overheard him say that I didn't have my priorities straight because I had to miss one of those bloody meetings to go to the doctor while sick with the flu. I'm sure more people would better appreciate him and other SGA's like him if they were just upfront and 100% honest on everything about AIL. At least then people would know what to expect and not just keep spinning their wheels, trying to keep food on the table and a roof over their families' heads.
    He also requires, as part of the agents' contracts, that all the new rescrewts put out 15 child safe boxes before they're released from training. I may be wrong, but I've heard that other states don't have to do that. LA and MS do, but no other state does. Is this true? Does anyone else know anything about this?
    For the sake of others looking for information on AIL, I really wish that incredibly long thread wasn't taken down. It was very informative. I posted my testimonial on it, as well as hundreds of others. At least it helped some people make an informed decision. AIL is too expensive to be a part of without a steady paycheck unless somebody already has money to burn or just wants to waste his time.
    Each SGA is different as to child safe boxes.

I want your opinion on a recent conversation. A person being recruited in Indiana contacted me for some straight answers on AIL. They were told by the SGA that he could see them making $2500 per week in their first year. He also said they would work in their home zip code. They were not told that they would have to join a union, or that their weekly "pay" was an advance (a loan from the company). The SGA did tell them that around only around 60% of the policies sold remain on the books after 1 year and the commissions on the 40% falling off would have to be repaid.

What do you think of that?
    Last edited by wghholtrad; 02-18-2012 at 06:41 PM.

I helped manage one office for two years. If you were an RGA why would you need to get licensed again? I can't speak for what SGA's say. Yes 15 child safe boxes is a small sacrifice considering the SGA pays for them as well as your leads. This career isn't for everyone, and the company keeps the renewals for those who fail. But the company pays 150%bonuses for training agents. I make six figures and not 300k. I do get renewals too. The opportunity is bigger than your boss. 29$ month dues. Most brokers don't have free leads and have larger monthly costs to do business. Giv rev me the 28 licensed agents you turn away.