Poll: Did this information help you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: American Income Life is Not a Scam

Quote Originally Posted by Russ01 View Post
    While the Life Insurance Business may not be for everyone, I believe it is an injustice that persons who fail at it write a Negative Opinion of any company. I was recruited by AIL years ago and have been highly blessed by this company.

Once you have vested renewals (10 years) you can continue to get paid even when you don't work. I have taken 1.5 years off, plus been injured 2x and taken 6 months off the 1st time and 2.5 months the second, during this time I've never had to worry about my house payment or food on the table due to Vested Renewals.

Show me any other business that you can do that in 10 years!

I am saddended by those whom (sales may not be for) blame the Company or their Manager or someone else... I ask would you succeed in Genetics, why? There is a common thread here.

AIL is an old, established company that has offices in all 50 States of the USA, Canada, Porta Rico, and New Zeland. Wrote $120Mil in new business last year and looks like they will break this record with about $140Mil this year! Gosh wonder where all that money is coming from? Many Grateful Agents like unto myself, something must be working!

They have a lead system to provide agents leads to go work and this has been a great blessing in my life.

My advice is don't blame, make a decision then choose to learn and do.
    Well said.

Re: New look on American Income Life - This is NOT

Well, this makes my decision a little bit harder. I have an interview with AIL on this coming up monday.. after reading all these comments i dont know whos opinions to go with. unless you have nothing but facts, dont reply, I only want to hear comments from either former or present employees. :freak3: I really do not know what to do, im under the age of 18 so im curious on why they would contact me

Quote Originally Posted by mrbiggs007 View Post
    Dont work for this company. These are crooks in suits(at least the managers can afford them). I'll make it simple for you are you willing to make little or no money for the first year? Are you willing to lie to applicants in interviews, and watch most of them starve to death? Are you willing to hire people that are just not going to make it , but hey you may make some money so who cares if they are on the streets when this is done? Are you willing to lie to your customers and sell them overpriced insurance? IF you are willing to be a heartless bastard like Bob , Dave , Robert , Marice , Adreana and other managers at the Bob Olson Agency of Chicago, then sigh up. If you can make it those first years on nothing and then be a cruel SOB then you have found a Home at AIL. Roger Smith AIL CEO is probably one of the sickest people on this earth. No one has probably hurt more insurance agents in the past 20years then this man.

Im sorry, there is no need for names, its their job. they make money doing it, so you dont have to post their names online. maybe they dont realize what their doing? and how do you know their scams?

While the Life Insurance Business may not be for everyone, I believe it is an injustice that persons who fail at it write a Negative Opinion of any company. I was recruited by AIL years ago and have been highly blessed by this company.

Once you have vested renewals (10 years) you can continue to get paid even when you don't work. I have taken 1.5 years off, plus been injured 2x and taken 6 months off the 1st time and 2.5 months the second, during this time I've never had to worry about my house payment or food on the table due to Vested Renewals.

I am saddended by those whom (sales may not be for) blame the Company or their Manager or someone else... I ask would you succeed in Genetics, why? There is a common thread here.

AIL is an old, established company that has offices in all 50 States of the USA, Canada, Porta Rico, and New Zeland. Wrote $120Mil in new business last year and looks like they will break this record with about $140Mil this year! Gosh wonder where all that money is coming from? Many Grateful Agents like unto myself, something must be working!

They have a lead system to provide agents leads to go work and this has been a great blessing in my life.

Hey I get it you worked at AIL for what 10 years, put in some 80 hr work weeks, and maybe even made yourself 50-60k in a great year. So, now that happy time is over, maybe we can focus on reality. This company does not give one drop of sweat off a cows butt, if someone who work's there can make a living off AIL. They mass hire agents to the max. Bottom line my friend there are companies with one third the agents of AIL with the same production numbers. I understand why you feel the way you feel. However, this company treats it's agent's like sheep dung.
    Last edited by mrbiggs007; 06-07-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Too many scams have been vastly spreading all over the world today!!
    It is very important and a very wise idea to do a research about the insurance company you want to get involved with.
    Just to make sure you won't get into the scam..

Quote Originally Posted by estoryaheee View Post
    Too many scams have been vastly spreading all over the world today!!
    It is very important and a very wise idea to do a research about the insurance company you want to get involved with.
    Just to make sure you won't get into the scam..

I am studying for my life and health ins exam. In there it states that producers usually go to the insured's home to hand deliver the policy. If so, that means it takes two trips to the home for only one sale. What a lot of wasted time. I don't know if that is the policy of the AIL office I am going to work. Did you have to deliver the policy to the insured's?
    Thank you.
    Also please write about any other advice for us new agents. I assume I want to learn from the best agents and shadow them for a while and learn their scripts and successful habits.

You check a box that says "mail policy" on application... Then you don't need to go back out. I've been with AIL since March last year. I like it. Sometimes I hate it, but it is not a SCAM. It isn't for everyone, but it makes the bills. And I know 8.5 years i'll be fully vested.

Quote Originally Posted by courtneymaee View Post
    Well, this makes my decision a little bit harder. I have an interview with AIL on this coming up monday.. after reading all these comments i dont know whos opinions to go with. unless you have nothing but facts, dont reply, I only want to hear comments from either former or present employees. :freak3: I really do not know what to do, im under the age of 18 so im curious on why they would contact me
    You should not go to the interview. This is an evil company which will scam you every way they can as long as you stay with them long enough to write a few policies.

ive been here more than a year and am happier than ever.. the people that think its a scam are hilarious.. i understand why they think that but its not a scam. its also not for everyone.. if u put 40 hours a week in you will be successful. and averaging 1200 ALP a week? if you average that youre right u wont last, thats means ur just not working. i would say $1000 paycheck a week is average when you start.. if you actually work and dont slack you will last long and you will average 3000-4000 alp a week ($1500-$2000 pay a week). hotjobs rated it top company to work for in 2008 and 2009. look up the facts.. if u notice all the people talking smack about this company they all never went thru with it and tried it..

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmizzo View Post
    ive been here more than a year and am happier than ever.. the people that think its a scam are hilarious.. i understand why they think that but its not a scam. its also not for everyone.. if u put 40 hours a week in you will be successful. and averaging 1200 ALP a week? if you average that youre right u wont last, thats means ur just not working. i would say $1000 paycheck a week is average when you start.. if you actually work and dont slack you will last long and you will average 3000-4000 alp a week ($1500-$2000 pay a week). hotjobs rated it top company to work for in 2008 and 2009. look up the facts.. if u notice all the people talking smack about this company they all never went thru with it and tried it..
    Joe Schmizzo - if you actually look through these comments, there are lots of people who have been at AIL, some successful and some who worked there for years. The hot jobs thing only rates how many people AIL are recruiting: A lot. That's because it's an MLM type structure, and they don't seriously believe or WANT everyone to succeed at this. My local office is full already and they're advertising for another 50+ people. That is not the hallmark of a reputable company.

If you're making good money at this, good luck to you. I asked around in my office and NOT ONE person was making their bonuses. That I'm sure included the managers, as they were too busy interviewing people to productively sell anything! It absolutely looked to me like a 'turn and burn' type business, and not something I'd want any part of.

Quote Originally Posted by oherc View Post
    You check a box that says "mail policy" on application... Then you don't need to go back out. I've been with AIL since March last year. I like it. Sometimes I hate it, but it is not a SCAM. It isn't for everyone, but it makes the bills. And I know 8.5 years i'll be fully vested.
    Still "making the bills"? I thought you were able to make a six figure income and retire after ten years? Not quite as advertised.

Advance fee fraud is a scam, in which the goal is to convince the advance of money, hope to achieve a significantly greater gains. Especially in the advanced fee fraud, mainly from the United States from the city ofBuffalo and Detroit.
    Last edited by buckbunny; 11-27-2010 at 03:29 AM.

I started working for American Income and after paying $660 for my exams and taking 2 weeks to learn the scripts I finally got into the field. A week later my boss was let go and I could get a hold of NO ONE and was never contacted again... can you say ridiculous!

Without going into too much detail I'd like to add a little info on the customer side of this..

*Cancer benefit*
    $50,000 per member of family to cover non-medical costs (things insurance doesn't pay for - like experimental drugs, co-pays, deductibles, income loss due to battling cancer, etc)

TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 years or so after buying an insurance plan with AIL, which included all the bells & whistles I became ill & was diagnosed with Cancer. I had to leave work for roughly 5 months, 3 of which I took daily radiation treatments. I had cancer and disability coverage so I sent in a claim..4-6 weeks later I got a reply back saying because I never spent anytime in the hospital ( overnight) etc.. I wasn't entitled to anything!

I have 2 different insurances and both of them denied my claim. Both stateing that because I wasn't hospitalized I wasn't covered..They treated me like I had the common flu..lol ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES HAVE LOADS OF FINE PRINT & PROMISE YOU RAINBOWS BEFORE YOU SIGN..ONCE YOU SIGN ON THE BOTTOM LINE, THEY'LL SCREW YOU OVER EVERY CHANCE THEY GET..I MEAN COME ON...DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER & I GOT $0

On a side note to this...I was misdiagnosed by several doctors & the lawyer want $8,000 just to get started!! It's safe to say this world is geared around protecting the elite!
    PS..Both insurance companies knew nothing of the misdiagnosis...

Quote Originally Posted by mrbiggs007 View Post
    Hey I get it you worked at AIL for what 10 years, put in some 80 hr work weeks, and maybe even made yourself 50-60k in a great year. So, now that happy time is over, maybe we can focus on reality. This company does not give one drop of sweat off a cows butt, if someone who work's there can make a living off AIL. They mass hire agents to the max. Bottom line my friend there are companies with one third the agents of AIL with the same production numbers. I understand why you feel the way you feel. However, this company treats it's agent's like sheep dung.

alright, even if a company has alot of agents (AIL in particular, as they are hiring all these agents in an attempt to expand to other places,) and cant treat them all as well as they'd like to, this does not qualify as a scam sir.