+ Reply to Thread

Anyone heard of hampresources.net?

My loaner doesnot participate the hamp program and rejected my modification because I am not qualified their home made modification guideline (I am qualify the hamp guideline though). So, hampresources.net contacted me and said they could do that and still through my loaner but they will charge about 2000$ for the processing fee like attorney fee etc. any comments?

Re: Anyone heard of hampresources.net?

Have not heard of the company specifically but have heard of that type of company. Any company that asks for money upfront for fees, courts costs, paperwork, documents, filing, research, lawyers, title work, etc, is a fraud. Always. No. Exceptions.

Legit companies add the costs they charge right into the new mortgage or loan. They never, ever ask for money before doing work. Ask at your brick-n-mortar bank what the industry-wide policies are regarding mortgage fees.

Looking at that website I see red flags:
    12534Valley View St Suite #329
    Garden Grove, CA 92845
    Is the address of a Mail Boxes Etc store. So, right away that company has misrepresented themselves, the "suite #329" is not a suite but a private mailbox. Did you know that you never have to pick up mail from a private mail box store? As long as someone pays the yearly fee, the store has to collect and store all mail forever.

And again here:
    The Company is backed by over 30 years of foreclosure assistance experience.
    But the who is says this:
    Updated Date: 02-feb-2010
    Creation Date: 02-feb-2010
    Expiration Date: 02-feb-2012
    Wonder where they were for the past 29 yrs and 8 months? Not at that website.

And more from the who-is:
    Registrant:
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    United States
    They really don't want you to know who they are or where they are really located.

On the home page alone I count 7 styles of font and letter sizes which screams "cut-n-paste" from other websites to me.

No mention of who owns the site, what is the money back guarantee, and how are you suppose to pay? Bet it is by Western Union, moneygram or bank transfer.

Just another fake website run by scammers taking advantage of desperate homeowners.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Re: Anyone heard of hampresources.net?

Zyfy:
    Call NACA or Family Sevices, Home Ownership Resource Center in your area. Neither of these are money up front.