+ Reply to Thread

EFORIS Company......Legit or not?

I stumbled onto their website by accident the other day. They claim to be a large, European conglomerate that handles other company's and Government's moneys.
    Their website is easily Googled, which actually brought up a "red flag" for me. As big as they claim to be, there is only 1 mention of them in Google.

Ok, in their job vacancy section, they offer the positions of "Transaction Manager". I wont explain it here, as all the info you need to know can be viewed from their public web page. Suffice it to say, it sounds a lot like money laundering to me, which of course is illegal. On the other hand though, I have heard of companies that do in fact dodge the banking transaction loopholes "legally" by doing this sort of thing. And this brings me to my dilema......is this company real, or is it a fraud??

Cheers, Ol Slow Poke

Re: EFORIS Company......Legit or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Slow Poke View Post
    On the other hand though, I have heard of companies that do in fact dodge the banking transaction loopholes "legally" by doing this sort of thing.
    Where di you hear about such companies? No country with normal banking system would allow money mule jobs.

I wish I was more informed, but I do remember reading somewhere on the net about how a lot of companies get around the "4 or 5" transaction limit that some banks have by opening multiple bank accounts and/or using other bank accounts. Again, excuse me for my vaguness here, but I'm certainly not sticking up for these guys. I just want a well informed answer to my question.....are they legit?? So far, everything about this is screaming "SCAM" to me.

1) You would think that you'd need a business degree to work for a huge compay like this, and that they would'nt employ hacks off the street.

2) How can a big company trust a complete stranger with all that money??

3) If they needed more bank accounts, why cant they open them themselves, saving 5% commission??

The fact is, digital money is transfered to your bank account, which then you withdraw as cash to send to another bank account. When that happens, the digital trail stops at your bank account. I myself can only invisage crooks doing this sort of thing.

Ok, so I may have answered my own questions here, but it's still only conjecture and suspicion. I would like to find out for sure.

Cheers, Ol Slow Poke

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Slow Poke View Post
    The fact is, digital money is transfered to your bank account, which then you withdraw as cash to send to another bank account. When that happens, the digital trail stops at your bank account. I myself can only invisage crooks doing this sort of thing.
    You are completely right. It is called Nigerian 419 payment processing scam. You get fake check and send scammers real money. When bank finds out that your check bounced and it was a scam it will freeze your account and demand its money back.

Yes, I've read all about these Nigerian scams. In fact I believe I was once offered to take part in one.

This is slightly different, as there are no cheques involved. It's more like money laundering. All the money, both digital and cash are real. The catch is, if you are caught helping these people launder money, then you are charged with the crime first, as like I said before, the digital trace stops at you bank account.

Cheers, Ol Slow Poke

Ok, I just got an email back from these guys with regards to a question I asked them. My question was....

"Is it possible to send money to recipient via Western Union's electronic funds transfer online, rather than withdraw cash and send at a Western Union Branch?"

Their response....

"Yes, it is possible"

Which still leaves me guessing......Why then can't they do it themselves, saving a huge amount of money instead of paying people like me to do it, as well as the hefty WU fee for using their branches??

and.....

If you can transfer the money out of your bank account electronicaly, how then can you call it money laundering?? The money can be traced all the way to the end recipient.

Cheers, Poke

@ Pokes
    It's more like money laundering. All the money, both digital and cash are real.
    Maybe, maybe not. A scammer could make a 'deposit' with a stolen credit card, fake check or spoofed paypal transfer. In that case, the money only appears to be in your account, so you withdrawal it and send it to the scammer via Western Union. Later your bank reverses the electronic deposit when the fraud is discovered and now your account is overdrawn.

Another option is what you mentioned, a real deposit from criminals that just want you to launder their money and Western Union them the cash.

If you can transfer the money out of your bank account electronicaly, how then can you call it money laundering?? The money can be traced all the way to the end recipient.
    Again the answer is maybe. A bank account could be set up with a fake company name as someplaces do not have strict banking laws. Anyone with a copy of a deposit slip can make a withdrawal, no ID needed. In other areas, the criminals simply pay a 'fee' (bribe) to the bank teller and make a withdrawal, again no ID required. In those cases, there is no way to follow the cash all the way to the recipient, only part way, to your bank account.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Created: 2010-04-06

Since its founding in 1985,
    EFORIS has assisted
    this one is just another copy of:

http://www.bobbear.co.uk/efis-company.html

the host is:

OrgName: Bluehost Inc.
    OrgID: BLUEH-2
    Address: 1958 South 950 East
    City: Provo
    StateProv: UT
    PostalCode: 84606

RAbuseName: Network Operations Center
    RAbusePhone: +1-801-765-9400
    RAbuseEmail: abuse@bluehost.com
    Last edited by mumbles; 05-25-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Yes, I must say that I did some digging too but neglected to mention it here until now........

EforisOnline used to be called EfiasOnline and had their Domain deleted some years ago. A Whois search of EfiasOnline will show you their old webpage, which is (strangely enough) identical to the new webpage by Eforis.

Cheers, Pokes

Ok, the case is closed!

As if we didn't know already, I just got an email back from the Investigations Dept. of the World Bank and they said that "yes indeed they are a scam....."

Doesn't it make feel all kinda...warm and fuzzy inside when you expose these mungrels. Now all Google searches shows this thread so everyone can see what pathetic lifeforms they truely are.

Cheers, Pokes
    Last edited by Ol Slow Poke; 05-26-2010 at 03:43 PM.