+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 57

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,767

    Global Warming - Global Madness

    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225864229290

    According to a report from The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists' Congress: "Climate change related obsessions and/or compulsions were identified in 28 per cent of patients presenting with obsessive compulsive disorder.

    "Their obsessions included leaving taps on and wasting water, leaving lights on and wasting electricity, pets dying of thirst, leaving the stove on and wasting gas as well as obsessions that global warming had contributed to house floors cracking, pipes leaking, roof problems and white ants eating the house. Compulsions in response to these obsessions included the checking of taps, light switches, pet water bowls and house structures."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Mumbles? A story about climate change related obsession?

    Good fit.

  3. #3
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    I believe Bumbles is Right!...he just single-handedly debunked AGW!....What f'ing genius!....Call the Noble Committee!!!!
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Not surprising. People with these sorts of mental illnesses will latch on to anything in the news as a source for their paranoia. Remember the fella who committed suicide because he thought the LHC was going to create blackhole and destroy the Earth?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    724

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Dear Friend,

    Leftists were mad long before they stumbled upon the Global Warming Scam.

    This simply gives them a new outlet for their extremist vents.
    "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." - Newt Gingrich

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Global warming is the biggest environmental problem of our time. Its political and economic impact will be greater than those associated any other environmental issue. The average temperature inside the oven is only slightly above room temperature.

  7. #7

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by honeyjames View Post
    Global warming is the biggest environmental problem of our time. Its political and economic impact will be greater than those associated any other environmental issue. The average temperature inside the oven is only slightly above room temperature.
    Can we assume that the oven is off then. I have never seen a cake bake at room temperature. LOL

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    366

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by honeyjames View Post
    Global warming is the biggest environmental problem of our time. Its political and economic impact will be greater than those associated any other environmental issue. The average temperature inside the oven is only slightly above room temperature.
    If Global Warming is the biggest problem of our time, then explain me these controdictions in your logic:

    1) Why do birds and other simular animals migrate south in the winter time, why are they migrating away from the cold and seeking out the heat. If global warming is destroying the world, they should be migrating in the other direction. They should be running away from the heat and seeking out the cold instead.

    2) Why is the life diversity of species in the warmest places on earth billions of times the life diversity of species in the coldest places on Earth. Nothing likes living in the cold, because the cold kills, life thrives in the heat, not the cold.

    3) Why do animals hybernate in the winter time? If global warming is destroying the Earth they should be hybernating in the summer time instead. There are ZERO species that hybernate in the summer time. Hybernation only occures in the winter time.

    4) According to the University of Cophenhagen and the American CDC deaths from Hypothermia (cold) is 10 times the number of deaths caused by heat stroke in the summer time. So if the Earth is getting warmer for every new death caused by a warmer summer there will be 10 extra lives saved in the winter time because of a warmer winter.

    5) The number of polar bears in 1966 was counted to be 5000, today the polar bear population is 26,000. The polar bear population has grown more than 5 times in the past 40 years. The human race population has only increased by 3 times (2 billion to 6 billion). So the Polar bears are thriving better than humans are during the eledgid period of warming.

    6) During the Mideval warm period that lasted 500 years (800 AD to 1300 AD) and was on average 1.5 degrees warmer than today, Agriculture thrived and the world was at peace for hundreds of years. The Vikings discovered Greenland and named it Greenland because there was no ice, only rich green flurashing vegitation and grape vines. For centuries the Greenland Vikings traded with Europe until the little ice age put an end to it.

    7) During the Holocene Maximum that lasted 7000 years and was on average 6 to 8 degrees warmer than today, Humans discovered Agriculture which led to civilization, reading and writing, recording of history, and much of today's technologies like metal forging and the wheel were also invented during this period of extreme warmth prosperity.

    8) Every time there is a period of warmth agriculture thrives and Communist and fascist die, because when people can feed themselves Communist and Fascists can't exist. That is why Man Made Global Warming was invented by Communists and fascists, to trick the people into biting the hand that feeds them, so they can get back into power again. The hand that feeds us is global warming which leads to great agriculture.

    ...
    Last edited by edmund129; 02-16-2011 at 03:25 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by edmund129 View Post

    8) Every time there is a period of warmth agriculture thrives and Communist and fascist die, because when people can feed themselves Communist and Fascists can't exist. That is why Man Made Global Warming was invented by Communists and fascists, to trick the people into biting the hand that feeds them, so they can get back into power again. The hand that feeds us is global warming which leads to great agriculture.

    ...
    LOL, thats genius. I mean you're an idiot, but it's so ridiculously wrong it's almost brilliant.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    366

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    LOL, thats genius. I mean you're an idiot, but it's so ridiculously wrong it's almost brilliant.

    Let me remind you of these global warming facts:

    1) during the Holocene Maximum (10,000 to 3,000 years ago) when it was 6 to 8 degrees warmer than now, Humans discovered Agriculture and Atlantis was estamblished. A civilization that lived in peace for 3600 years.

    2) Also during the Holocene Maximum Humans invented Civilization because of thriving and prosperous agriculture.

    3) Also during the Holocene Maximum humands discovered how to forge metal like Bronz and Iron.

    4) During the Mideval Warm Period (1000 years ago) Grape vinyards were grown as far north as Scottland and Greenland. The Vikings Discovered Greenland because of the Mideval Warm period.

    5) During the Mideval Warm period Chinese explorers explored the entire polar ice cap and never recorded in their maps any ice.

    6) Every time there has been a period of global warming agriculture has thrived and prospored, and so did the human race. And when the human race prospers, there are centurys and even thousands of years of peace without any wars.


    ...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    366

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    LOL, thats genius. I mean you're an idiot, but it's so ridiculously wrong it's almost brilliant.
    In 1913 the Communist invented lies about Capitalists and Jews being resposible for world poverty and world famin, when it was realy Communism and Socialism that caused poverty and famin. But that is all that Communist and Socialists are capable of, lying to blame the problems they caused on others, and they take no reponsability for any of their crimes.

    the lies that Communists and Socialists invented in 1913 slaughtered many 100's of millions of Capitalists and Jews by the end of the 20th Century. (300 million in all)

    ...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by edmund129 View Post
    Let me remind you of these ... facts:

    ...Atlantis was estamblished. A civilization that lived in peace for 3600 years.[/B]
    Wow. Just... Wow.

    Holy crap. I really didn't think you could get any more out there. I mean... global warming as a conspiracy by Communists.... Global warming killing off communists long before Marx was born.... vinyards in Scotland.... a green Greenland....

    All of that is rubbish. This, however, takes it t a whole new level. Atlantis? You're making your point by arguing that Global Warming allowed a non-existant mythical civilization to live in peace for thousands of years before any other civilization was founded? Wow.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    366

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Wow. Just... Wow.

    Holy crap. I really didn't think you could get any more out there. I mean... global warming as a conspiracy by Communists.... Global warming killing off communists long before Marx was born.... vinyards in Scotland.... a green Greenland....

    All of that is rubbish. This, however, takes it t a whole new level. Atlantis? You're making your point by arguing that Global Warming allowed a non-existant mythical civilization to live in peace for thousands of years before any other civilization was founded? Wow.
    Atlantis was not a mythical civilization, it was talked about all throughout the Europe and the Middle East for thousands of years, the only real mystery is where it was located.

    There is a very detailed history of Atlantis found in many ancient writings. If it were a myth, it shouldn't be showing up in so many different places across so many different countries and civilizations by people who either claimed to be from their or visited it.

    ...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by edmund129 View Post
    Atlantis was not a mythical civilization, it was talked about all throughout the Europe and the Middle East for thousands of years, the only real mystery is where it was located.

    There is a very detailed history of Atlantis found in many ancient writings. If it were a myth, it shouldn't be showing up in so many different places across so many different countries and civilizations by people who either claimed to be from their or visited it.

    ...
    Interestly enought NONE of this has to do with global warming. Nor is it factual to draw casuation. The issue if the place exists or not has no bearing on the factuality of your claim. It's like saying the bible is 100% true because jerusilam existed.



    However, i'm for once forced to side with Ed on one point. Atlantis did exist. IT WASN'T MYTHICAL OR FANTASITIC. It was a island in the meditarian sea that was destroyed by valcanic eruption. It's survivors escaped to the surrounding areas and told there story.

    The fantastic myth comes in because of a typo in the texts. The text said "greater than" eruope and africa when in fact it meant "between" eruope and Africa.

    Everyone was all excited about this massive island disappearing and this far and wide story. When in reality it wasn't all that grand or exciting.

    I'll see if I can find some text or video on this turn of events.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    Interestly enought NONE of this has to do with global warming. Nor is it factual to draw casuation. The issue if the place exists or not has no bearing on the factuality of your claim. It's like saying the bible is 100% true because jerusilam existed.



    However, i'm for once forced to side with Ed on one point. Atlantis did exist. IT WASN'T MYTHICAL OR FANTASITIC. It was a island in the meditarian sea that was destroyed by valcanic eruption. It's survivors escaped to the surrounding areas and told there story.

    The fantastic myth comes in because of a typo in the texts. The text said "greater than" eruope and africa when in fact it meant "between" eruope and Africa.

    Everyone was all excited about this massive island disappearing and this far and wide story. When in reality it wasn't all that grand or exciting.

    I'll see if I can find some text or video on this turn of events.
    I have no doubt that, like most myths, Atlantis is based on a kernel of truth.

    However, a civilization that lived in peace for 3600 years and was gone before even the Ancient Greek city-states arose? Not likely.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    I have no doubt that, like most myths, Atlantis is based on a kernel of truth.

    However, a civilization that lived in peace for 3600 years and was gone before even the Ancient Greek city-states arose? Not likely.
    Well maybe.

    They were an island before far reaching sea travel in enviroment with rich soil and rich in avalible minerals.

    Valcanos produce good soil and they would have ready melted metals.
    It's the recipe for an isolated, hard to attack community. Organized military was probally not a big problem at the time.
    the rest as i've minimally see is probally a problem of many mistranslations.

    As you said most myths of some basis in facts.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locatio...28Santorini.29

Similar Threads

  1. Global Warming is SERIOUS!
    By conserv4ever in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-05-2018, 11:50 AM
  2. Global Warming
    By JTB7 in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 1204
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 12:51 PM
  3. Global P.ower Elite Back Away from Global Warming
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 03:53 PM
  4. The end of Global Warming
    By Worried_in_the_USA in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 01:54 PM
  5. Global Warming
    By SubJunk in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 236
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 08:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •