+ Reply to Thread

Fortified Financial - Utah Loan Modification Scam

The Federal Trade Commission warns against using companies that will take your money up front and not provide you service. Unfortunately, I wish I would of know this months ago before using Fortified Financial Loan Modification Company in Utah and paying them $3,000 to perform a loan modification.

I was strongly advise against using Fortified Finanical. Unfortunately the President of the company is more concerned about cashing your check upfront, than providing service for a modifciation. This resulted as a $3,000 scam to end up with a closed file.They said they were growing too fast to keep on top of my file. They refuse to refund even half my money.

Fortified Financial in Utah will take your money first, and customer service is last.

Re: Fortified Financial - Utah Loan Modification S

Are there any legitimate companies in Utah?

I strongly discourage anybody from contacting Fortified Financial Services about a loan modification. We were promised a minimum 10% payment reduction guarantee or our money back. Unfortunately, to this date we have received neither of those. Our loan was modified 8% HIGHER than we were originally paying. We submitted a request for a refund only to be dragged through their refund procedure which we were not made aware of before-hand. We submitted a request for a refund of the $2,500 we paid but to this date we have not received our money back and it's been over 3 weeks.

Do not pay this company one dime to modify your loan!

am looking to file a Class Action Suit against Fortified. My number is 801-768-7362. lukematthew@hotmail.com
    I, like many others and even more who have not posted or said anything are completely dissatisfied and furious with Fortified. I am going on TWO years with them. I was one of their first client back in January of 2009 before they spent all their money on nice leather sofas and nice offices. They have not only botched and ruined my chances for a fair mod but they have ruined my neighbors and 4 others who I referred to Fortified thinking that Fortified could do something. ALL of us have gone nowhere with them and some have already lost their homes. I won't go through my torture and nightmare with them (it would take an entire page and then some). Let me just have the BBB say it, as of Aug 2010

Based on BBB files, Fortified Financial, LLC has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
    Reasons for this rating include:
    36 complaints filed against business
    Failure to respond to 3 complaints filed against business.
    10 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
    BBB Accreditation was revoked because business failed to comply with agreed BBB standards.