+ Reply to Thread

Industrial Supply scam - Amerisource

I work for a company that was nearly scammed by a company. It is a pretty complicated scam but what this company amerisource industrial does is send out just faxes to construction companies. Their prices are obviously too good to be true and they want you to send your money before they ship you the product. They say they have your items in stock and have been around for 20 years and make everything sound great. Well after about a month you may receive only a small portion of your order. They just call some other company and order it themselves and ship it to you.

I kind of got pulled into this mess. I work in IT and started researching this company. After my boss told me they our warehouse manager was having a hard time with this company. I found a ton of bad reviews posted online about them and even started a blog about them and my experience with them. Everything about this company is a lie. Their company address is a post office. The content on their website is stolen from other sites. Even their employee pictures were stolen. After nearly 2 months I did finally get all of our money back ..nearly $17,000. One of our other locations placed a much larger order and still hasn't received their full shipment. Their order was over $200,000. They haven't been hounding this company that much. I think they think they haven't been scammed.

In the process of setting up my blog I found 2 other companies that were in my same position. They placed orders of over $50,000 worth of product. They were given the run around and every excuse in the book as to why they weren't getting their shipment and/or refund. It took nearly 3 months in total but these other 2 places did get their money back eventually

Yesterday I received a phone call from someone who was going to work at this Amerisource industrial company. She told me that a "friend" of hers works there and that she just needs to be street smart and be able to think quickly on your feet. She also told her how they operate.... all about how they don't have warehouse and they work out of a small office. If they receive an order for 50,000 they only ship them a small portion of the order and hope that the customer will eventually just give up. I'm guessing this is how this company makes their money and maybe every 6-9 months they will just close up and disappear. Their website has only been around since February www.amerisourceindustrial.com

There is a lot more to the story and Iíve contacted IC3, the attorney General and I even contracted the FBI yesterday.

Has anyone out there heard of this kind of scam? It seems pretty easy. Basically you advertise insane prices and people place orders. You never ship the whole product and hope that eventually theyíll just give up or I assume that they will just close up shop( which they donít really have) and just disappear anyway.

Please check out my story http://kevboz.blogspot.com

Thanks

Re: Industrial Supply scam - Amerisource

Are you sure you have the right company?
    Sincerely,
    Tim

http://www.amerisourceindustrial.com/

the website registration is hidden. the host is:

OrgName: NTT America, Inc.
    OrgID: NTTAM-1
    Address: 8005 South Chester Street
    Address: Suite 200
    City: Centennial
    StateProv: CO
    PostalCode: 80112

OrgAbuseName: NTT America Abuse Contact
    OrgAbusePhone: +1-877-688-6625
    OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@ntt.net

http://kevboz.blogspot.com/
    moving their offices from 18701 Grand River Ave Unit 145, Detroit, MI to 3430 E Jefferson Unit 641, Detroit MI when those two addresses are in reality UPS Store mailboxes. Every person at the office swears they are sitting in that location....must be a big mailbox!!
    delivering a load of crap:
    Last edited by mumbles; 05-11-2010 at 02:19 PM.

yeah I have the right comapny. I just spoke with another person today who ordered over $15,000 worth of product back in March. He has been trying to get a refund and getting a total run around. IC3 is doing nothing. FBI is doing nothing. Gotta love the feds. You don't pay your taxes they'll come a knocking though!

Quote Originally Posted by kevboz View Post
    yeah I have the right comapny. I just spoke with another person today who ordered over $15,000 worth of product back in March. He has been trying to get a refund and getting a total run around. IC3 is doing nothing. FBI is doing nothing. Gotta love the feds. You don't pay your taxes they'll come a knocking though!
    What is the name of the company?
    What is the name of the contact person that is having a problem with their order or getting a refund?
    What is a good contact email or phone number for this person?

I spoke with the owner of the legit company called amerisource Industrial supply http://www.amerisourcesupply.com/

He told me this company at http://www.amerisourceindustrial.com/ is using his D&B number and his company information. said he gets about 20 calls a week from pissed off people. He tells him they are calling the wrong company.
    Rick.. I guess those people talking to their boyfriends and wasting time on facebook are doing that also.

I spoke with the owner of the legit company called amerisource Industrial supply http://www.amerisourcesupply.com/

He told me this company at http://www.amerisourceindustrial.com/ is using his D&B number and his company information. said he gets about 20 calls a week from pissed off people. He tells him they are calling the wrong company.
    Amerisourcesupply should have a large warning on their homepage about this then. It might save a potential victim and will slow the number of irate customers calling them.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com